Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Episode 4 was a fun one, with Crosshair and Omega trying to get off a backwater planet but also running afoul of the local garrison.

Also a new variant of the TK first-generation Stormtroopers, probably going to be an action figure soon (Although I guess Hasbro hasn't made a TK trooper yet?).

Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-29-2024 at 07:04 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Episode 4 was a fun one, with Crosshair and Omega trying to get off a backwater planet but also running afoul of the local garrison.

Also a new variant of the TK first-generation Stormtroopers, probably going to be an action figure soon (Although I guess Hasbro hasn't made a TK trooper yet?).

The goggles were an interesting look. I can't wait to see how the reunion goes next episode.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Omega and Crosshairs continue to be a dynamic duo, with Omega's idealism and optimism with Crosshairs' practicality and cynicism bouncing off each other well as they still try to learn to work together and Crosshairs continues to try to push himself.

I have a lot of questions about exactly what Nala Se (and I guess the Kaminoans in general) intended for Omega, though now it seems she prioritizes her life more than anything.

I knew they wouldn't get away with beating an Imperial in a card game though I wonder if he would've found a way to get his money back even if he hadn't know they were fugitives and used that against them.

"Don't push it" - and she ends up freeing all the animals anyways! Because what Omega wants, she usually gets!

Did Omega contacting them invalidate all that work Hunter and Wrecker put in trying to find her? The only thing they seemed to accomplish was saving those Clone cadets. But at least the team is back together...with one awkward addition. Guess the next episode will be about re-integrating Crosshairs and the obvious growing pains as they have to deal with each other and all the past beefs and conflict. But at least the Batch are a team of four again.

Episode 5 has Crosshair re-integrating into the group and returning to the ice planet where he killed the Imperial officer and lost his clone friend. There's a very emotional scene where he takes some clone helmets thrown on the floor and arranges them more respectfully. There's another monster fight of course (A Star wars trope, pretty much).

Kind of interesting they refer only to "Tantiss" instead of Wayland as a whole planet. Maybe another case of post-2008 Star Wars slightly altering or consolidating things from older canon (Moriband/Korriban for example)

CBR's articles made an interesting point, this is sort of the last "Fall of the Republic/Early empire" TV/film media we'll be getting for a while. Everything else is set centuries or decades before (Mangold's Dawn of the Jedi, Acoylte), fairly close to the OT (Andor) post-ROTJ (Ahsoka, Skeleton Crew, Mandalorian) or sequel trilogy/future (Rey film)

Of course that doesn't extend to the comics/novels/games. John Jackson Miller's Living Force, about the Jedi Council and the events leading up to TPM, comes out in a month, think there's currently Jango and Mace limited series etc...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-07-2024 at 06:44 AM.

Is Tech dead? My son says they haven't gone looking for him yet. I assumed he was dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is Tech dead? My son says they haven't gone looking for him yet. I assumed he was dead.
    He seemed pretty dead to me, and that seems to be the Batch's opinion as well though I suppose since we haven't seen the body he could come back. I'm for not going down that road though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Crosshairs is back on the team! With all the awkwardness you would expect! I guess Wrecker is simple enough that if Omega clears him, that's all he needs, though obviously there's still bad blood with Hunter. But it was nice to see him back in his armor.

Crosshairs' aiming problem is going to keep pestering him, huh? At this point he can only really hit wide targets. I feel like they're saving one of his old super precise shots for a pivotal moment.

It's ironic that with Tech gone Echo now feels like he has more of a role on the team even though he's not even permanently with the group, but I feel like he would help balance the personalities of the group together. I guess Omega does that in a way too.

Batcher is officially team pet! Also, EZ returns!

That moment when everyone lets Tech's death sit...although funnily enough when Crosshairs' voice gets higher pitched he sounds more like Dee Bradley Baker's Tech voice.

Wrecker is kind of right that they seem to stumble into monsters pretty often at this point.

That's as close to an apology as Crosshairs is going to give out, and deep down this whole team has basically been about soldiers trying to find a life for themselves when the war is over and the realize the true cost of their service, even if they stumble a bit.

Today two episodes were released, both action-heavy ones involving the Batch checking in with Rex's group, who captured a clone assassin, but don't find a tracer so they're attacked by a mixed force of Clones and TK Stormtroopers.

The Clones are led by Wolfe, who stands his men (also clones) down and lets the Batch and Rex's group escape-of course we eventually know he'll join Rex's group-what's left of it-by the time of Rebels.

I assume we're all thinking the stealth trooper is who survived is spoilers:
    Tech?
    end of spoilers Though it it could also be a sneaky way of bringing in the person featured at the end of the Season 3 trailer.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I assume we're all thinking the stealth trooper is who survived is spoilers:
    Tech?
    end of spoilers Though it it could also be a sneaky way of bringing in the person featured at the end of the Season 3 trailer.
    I think there's a better candidate. spoilers:
    Cody
    end of spoilers

Always happy to see Chuchi! And Rex! And Howzer!

The Empire really sours you on the idea of being in a Republic, huh?

Clone resistance! Clone resistance!

I must've missed something but what happened to the Shadow that the other was sent to kill? Did he die in the explosion?

I totally forgot Crosshairs was even in the Ryloth arc. Feels like so long ago.

It's funny how bringing in Crosshairs actually did yield more information than they had at the time or that he gave Echo, though too late to prevent the Imperials from finding them.

I didn't expect to see Wolfe but figured a consummate soldier like him would still last into the Empire, even if he obviously has problems with how they're running things, though probably not for long given he let Omega get away. I wonder what happened to Cody?

Omega has upgraded from a bow to a crossbow! Thank you Uncle Echo!

Crosshairs may not be hitting his shots as well as he used to but his overprotective brother behavior around Omega is hitting me hard.

Nothing bonds two Clones together quite like realizing the Empire screwed them both over.

Crosshairs fighting basically an evil version of himself if he had stayed with the Empire was on-brand.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I must've missed something but what happened to the Shadow that the other was sent to kill? Did he die in the explosion?
    Killed by the very first shot from the second. Efficient little killing machine.

Expanding on my Operative theory:

spoilers:
    You mean to tell me that Cody goes AWOL at the end of his S2 episode but is SOMEHOW still not joined up with Rex all these months later? Nope, no sir, not buying it.

Consider our Operative. He has the skills of a vet clone, is a skilled knife fighter, has a personal beef with Crosshair in particular and is almost certainly somebody we know. Ergo, Cody. We saw Cody fight with the knife in his S2 ep, and he was not at all happy with Crosshair by the end of that. He'd be tragic for everybody, but particularly for Rex and Crosshair himself. And it finally answers the long lost question of "Whatever happened to Commander Cody after TCW?"

Now the only question is do they have to kill him or can they save him. My money is on having to kill him. And that Rex or Hunter will have to do the deed after Crosshair REFUSES to. With Crosshair's actions calling back to, but being opposite to, his execution of the separatist leader in that same S2 episode with Cody.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 03-13-2024 at 09:52 PM.

Cody is definitely my guess.

For me, Season 3 has been non-stop fun. I've loved every episode so far and though I'm sure I could weigh in with thoughts on where they are going with this final season, I'm more content to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Killed by the very first shot from the second. Efficient little killing machine.

Expanding on my Operative theory:

spoilers:
    You mean to tell me that Cody goes AWOL at the end of his S2 episode but is SOMEHOW still not joined up with Rex all these months later? Nope, no sir, not buying it.

Consider our Operative. He has the skills of a vet clone, is a skilled knife fighter, has a personal beef with Crosshair in particular and is almost certainly somebody we know. Ergo, Cody. We saw Cody fight with the knife in his S2 ep, and he was not at all happy with Crosshair by the end of that. He'd be tragic for everybody, but particularly for Rex and Crosshair himself. And it finally answers the long lost question of "Whatever happened to Commander Cody after TCW?"

Now the only question is do they have to kill him or can they save him. My money is on having to kill him. And that Rex or Hunter will have to do the deed after Crosshair REFUSES to. With Crosshair's actions calling back to, but being opposite to, his execution of the separatist leader in that same S2 episode with Cody.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Rex in Rebels had a nightmare about Cody, if it is him, I doubt he survives the season.
    end of spoilers