Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic park 7

Dinosaurs go into a bad neighbourhood and have to calm the humans down by doing jazz hands at them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd like to hear the pitch.
    Movie audiences like the familiar. For every snob poster who thinks a 7th JP film is MEH/Stupid/Cash Grab (insert snide reply) there is likely a franchise out there you line up for that is beyond a second entry.

I give you Godzilla for starters.
    Most horror franchises fall into "too many sequels" territory.
    Fast and Furious does and folks line up for those.
    James Bond
    Mission Impossible
    Until recently every MCU entry and that took Covid to really have the first dud return at 20+ entries.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

What was that cartoon from the 80's where people rode armored dinosaurs with lasers on them? Make THAT movie.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What was that cartoon from the 80's where people rode armored dinosaurs with lasers on them? Make THAT movie.
    DinoRiders by chance?
    DR.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Didn't last that long but I think the toys did well. Basically the same basic Hasbro/Marvel collaboration that cooked up Transformers and 80's GI Joe.

The toys without the lasers and pilots were also sold in other Dinosaur lines, including even at museums!

Gerry Conway is credited with coming up with the idea pretty much. Yep, same writer who made the Punisher and killed off Gwen Stacy.

BTW the franchise is still fairly active outside the movies, they're making a sequel to the fairly popular "Camp Cretaceous" cartoon (About a group of kids who get stuck on Jurassic World as well as some other islands) and a new video game is coming out soon.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-23-2024 at 02:57 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm thinking Herculoids.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They should make it like Fast and Furious, with dinosaurs. Turn them into a commodity instead of a liability.
    Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    JURASSIC PARK IN SPACE because only where left to go is space.
    Dino Crisis 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dinos cause a mutation in a virus that kills off man.

Easy peasy.
    IIRC the gory Carnosaur had a bizarre infection dinoplot and was released in response to the original JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, having sex with a dinosaur is something the series hasn't touched on yet. So that is an opportunity.
    "What if you girlfriend and Godzilla swapped minds?" is a movie I'd watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Dino Crisis 3.

IIRC the gory Carnosaur had a bizarre infection dinoplot and was released in response to the original JP.

"What if you girlfriend and Godzilla swapped minds?" is a movie I'd watch.
    The book Carnosaur had a virus subplot FWIW, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    DinoRiders by chance?
    DR.jpg
    Yes!!!

And then after that, we can go ...

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

DinoRiders by chance?
    DR.jpg
    Everyone wins if they go this route.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Conway also wrote for Dinosaucers, although it's mainly seen as Michael Uslan and Diane Duane's creation.

Not to go too off-topic but I'd still be for a decent remake of Land of The Lost, about a family stuck in a pocket dimension that includes a lot of Dinosaurs in addition to other threats, basically intended to be some sort of galactic waystation or zoo that went into disrepair with open portals across time and space.

The 90's remake didn't really do it for me and the 2009 film, while getting some of the mythology right, decided to make it into a Will Ferrell/Danny Mcbride comedy film instead-with the full blessing of the Krofts I think. (The series actually owes a lot more to former STAR TREK writers and cast like David Gerrold, DC Fontana, and Walter Koenig IMO).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-24-2024 at 09:22 AM.

According to CBR they are thinking of a release next year and David Leitch might be director.

Kind of wonder if they're going for a slimmer, "back to basics" approach in a few ways (Seems to be sort of a slight cinematic trend these days).

DinoRiders by chance?
    DR.jpg
    YES! That was it.

I do wonder where the story can go now. I guess all of those dinosaurs are loose again. Maybe the story is rounding them all up and sending them to Site B?

Last movie they didn't really resolve that (mainly focused on the Locust plot), but it ended with the Dinosaurs starting to adjust. "Life will find a way" literally.

The Sorna dinos were I think taken to Biosyn's facility, you can see JP's Rexy meet the Lost World Rexes (except for their son, who maybe? died in JP III) at the end of Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    BTW the franchise is still fairly active outside the movies, they're making a sequel to the fairly popular "Camp Cretaceous" cartoon (About a group of kids who get stuck on Jurassic World as well as some other islands) and a new video game is coming out soon.
    I found Camp Cretaceous to be more entertaining than the last two movies. There's action and adventure and also some good comedic moments (and even a few Easter eggs for those who know about both the movies and the books), but also some moments similar to the first movie where the characters pause to gaze in awe at the wonders of the land of returned dinosaurs (such as the sequence at the watering hole). And there's lots of good character moments as our six young protagonists who had very little in common with each other form bonds over their experiences.

Fallen Kingdom and Dominion, on the other hand, had a few interesting ideas, but the execution was weak.