Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic park 7

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I found Camp Cretaceous to be more entertaining than the last two movies. There's action and adventure and also some good comedic moments (and even a few Easter eggs for those who know about both the movies and the books), but also some moments similar to the first movie where the characters pause to gaze in awe at the wonders of the land of returned dinosaurs (such as the sequence at the watering hole). And there's lots of good character moments as our six young protagonists who had very little in common with each other form bonds over their experiences.

Fallen Kingdom and Dominion, on the other hand, had a few interesting ideas, but the execution was weak.
    The extended edition of Dominion is miles ahead of the theatrical.

Still trying to figure out why they cut so much story and completes effects pieces.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Kind of wonder if they're going to have a new cast of characters. Dominion of course featured the casts of both trilogies as part of it's novelty, as well as more or less finally addressing some loose ends from the first film (Biosyn, although the characters did never seem to find out it had a role in the sabotage of the original park).

Also Blue wasn't given much to do
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Reportedly Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will not return, nor any of the JP cast.

Gives them a chance to start fresh much like JW did in the first place (Unless you count BD Wong).

no more super-bugs.

I'm wondering will the story center on Americans, when there are countries which would be much more vulnerable to dinosaur proliferation.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Reportedly Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will not return, nor any of the JP cast.

Gives them a chance to start fresh much like JW did in the first place (Unless you count BD Wong).
    At least initially. They started leaking the OG cast in with cameos then all of them by the third JW movie.
    I could see a similar thing happening if the next Jurassic film turns into a hit and become a trilogy itself.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Gareth Edwards (Rogue One, Godzilla 2014) will be directing, sounds like a pretty good choice. Just don't make it as super-dark cinematography wise as his Godzilla.

Haven't seen the Creator but heard it was OK.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-20-2024 at 06:02 PM.

Reportedly Scarlet Johansen has been approached to play the lead.

Kind of wonder if it's possible she might be playing an older version of Lex from the original film, and technically she and her brothers are the heirs to Hammond although JW kind of went in a different direction by revealing Hammond had a partner we didn't know about before.

The original actress Ariana Richards pretty much is retired from acting, although Mazello still does a ton of stuff so he could still play Tim again.

Better yet have them team up with all the other kid survivors from the other film sort of like Dominion did with the adults.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-14-2024 at 06:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Reportedly Scarlet Johansen has been approached to play the lead.

Kind of wonder if it's possible she might be playing an older version of Lex from the original film, and technically she and her brothers are the heirs to Hammond although JW kind of went in a different direction by revealing Hammond had a partner we didn't know about before.

The original actress Ariana Richards pretty much is retired from acting, although Mazello still does a ton of stuff so he could still play Tim again.

Better yet have them team up with all the other kid survivors from the other film sort of like Dominion did with the adults.
    On the one hand, ScarJo almost certainly be thrown a boatload of money to do it, on the other, she'd have to live with the fallout, assuming this lives down to pretty much all the live action sequels to JP.

Hmmm.....tons of money vs mean socials, let me see, I'd take door number one. And just turn off my computer while driving my new Lambo to my new mansion in Antibes.

Eh, she's had a flew flops here and there-Ghost in the Shell, The Island, The Spirit...(Plus her first movie ever was one of the worst movies ever, NORTH)

Extraordinary Member

Eh, she's had a flew flops here and there-Ghost in the Shell, The Island, The Spirit...(Plus her first movie ever was one of the worst movies ever, NORTH)
    True, but those are all a bit old. Her ask is going to take into account all the MCU stuff, which will drive it up quite a bit.

I don't think ScarJo is in Universal's price range or art house category.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I actually liked the original trilogy and the new movies so I may give this a try.

Kind of wonder if JP was made today if she'd be cast as Ellie, perhaps more novel accurate (Novel Ellie didn't have a relationship with Grant; Grant himself was also somewhat less grumpy than his movie version).

Kind of wonder if JP was made today if she'd be cast as Ellie, perhaps more novel accurate (Novel Ellie didn't have a relationship with Grant; Grant himself was also somewhat less grumpy than his movie version).
    Eeehhh ... Book accurate would not be curvaceous red head bomb shell.

She was a young 20 something, blonde and jacked scream queen with a brain and wits to Alan's middle-aged rugged outdoorsman and Gennaro's action star lawyer.

I think Brie Larson would be more book accurate for today.

Man, they did Gennaro dirty in the movie.

Yeah I think they kind of put a lot more of Hammond's far greedier novel version in movie Gennaro (as well into Ludow in the sequel), as well as incorporating the obnoxious park guide Ed Regis in there as well. Complete with toilet humor.