Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jurassic park 7

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah I think they kind of put a lot more of Hammond's far greedier novel version in movie Gennaro (as well into Ludow in the sequel), as well as incorporating the obnoxious park guide Ed Regis in there as well. Complete with toilet humor.
    I think Crichton said he wanted a Jodi Foster type if they ever made a movie in an old Starlog.

There was chatter of a more book accurate horror (but set in then current time) before Jurassic World was announced with Emma Stone rumored as the new Ellie.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-16-2024 at 04:24 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah I think they kind of put a lot more of Hammond's far greedier novel version in movie Gennaro (as well into Ludow in the sequel), as well as incorporating the obnoxious park guide Ed Regis in there as well. Complete with toilet humor.
    I think the cast of Skull Island could be an easy one-to-one changeover for a modern JP.

Goodman as Hammond would be excellent IMHO.

I'm pretty sure book Gennaro was "shut this park down now" that ended up going to Ian.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, generally movie Malcolm was more lucid than his book counterpart towards the end.

Funny thing is Goldblum's portrayal was popular enough that I'm pretty sure it's the reason Crichton pretty much resurrected the character in the TLW novel without much explanation apart from "I was sort of dead or reports were greatly exaggerated" (despite the Park being napalmed with him still on it) if I remember the book correctly.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah, generally movie Malcolm was more lucid than his book counterpart towards the end.

Funny thing is Goldblum's portrayal was popular enough that I'm pretty sure it's the reason Crichton pretty much resurrected the character in the TLW novel without much explanation apart from "I was sort of dead or reports were greatly exaggerated" (despite the Park being napalmed with him still on it) if I remember the book correctly.
    He apparently got stuck writing the sequel without Ian and found the JP universe he created needed the ironic commentator present to keep the action going. He needed someone to tell why it's going bad. He wasn't going to write a sequel without his favorite character!

What's great is that it also became an unintentional homage to Doyle and his Lost World.

On bringing Ian Malcolm back to life for The Lost World] Malcolm came back because I needed him. I could do without the others, but not him because he is the “ironic commentator” on the action. He keeps telling us why it will go bad. And I had to have him back again. […] As Mark Twain once said, “Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” But it’s also true that Conan Doyle (the original author of a book called The Lost World) pushed Sherlock Holmes of the Reichenbach Falls with Moriarity. And they were unquestionably dead. And after a few years, Holmes turned out to have made a miraculous recovery. So these things happen in fiction.

One thing that's kind of interesting about TLW's portrayal is that Malcolm seems a bit different than the other three films he appeared in-there's a lot of snarky bits of course but the character is generally more serious and doesn't philosophize/lecture nearly as much (apart from trying to convince Sarah to get off the island). I don't think Chaos Theory is even mentioned in the film.

Heard a rumor that Johnathan Bailey and Scarlett Johansson have already agreed to a new movie with Coleman Domingo as the villain on a podcast.

Set after Dominion and located in Thailand and Malta.

Super shocked if Johansson is actually signed if true.

Bailey does bear a resemblance to Joseph Mazello, although Mazello is still acting he doesn't really seem to be much of an action movie guy apart from a small role in the GI Joe sequel and not all that interested in playing Tim again.

So could be my theory that they might be the older Hammond/Murphy siblings.

If it's Malta wonder if it will connect to the Dinosaur black market plot that happened on the island in Dominion, but was just kind of a way for them to get to Biosyn/how Biosyn was getting some of their Dinosaurs rather than really resolved.

to be fair book Malcolm was in the process of slowly dying to blood loss