Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The members of WAND in recent Dr. Strange comics are spy-adjacent and would certainly be useful, though they are maybe kinda sorta SHIELD?
    Unfortunately, at the time that WAND was actually functional as an agency, it was an arm of SHIELD. I would say that kind of disqualifies it from being used during that time period (using SHIELD to infiltrate SHIELD feels kinda...off, if you get my meaning ^_^).

But as you say, there is the current WAND.

Hm.

Currently it has like...three people? And is somewhat unofficial? Does its members still count as 'intelligence agents', or is it a super-team?

Still of the opinion that five Imperium Godkillers are just fine for this.

Three Imperium Godkillers. Maybe two, depending which.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spies that don't really have experience with anything superhuman seem kind of just chaff against agencies that operate in a superpowered verse, no?

Just off the top of my head

-The protagonist of Simon R. Green's urban fantasy/spy parody Drood books
    -Bob Howard of Charles Stross' Laundry series
    -Eisenhorn from the Warhammer 40K Books
    -Gideon Ravenor from the Warhammer 40K books

And for the hell of it to fill the list Neil Breen's ludicrous "agent" character from Double Down by which I mean I take all of his statements as pure fact despite the lack of much onscreen display of ability who has:

-Knows the backdoor of all the major systems (actually invented them as well, but is still a covert agent somehow)
    -Biological weapon knowledge via direct contact usage and the capability of secretly planting biobombs in several major cities that if detonated, will kill hundreds of thousands as a safeguard against attack (even though they still attack)
    -Has access to a device that generates an invisibility field that also contradictorily kills anyone who approaches it, seeming to render invisibility moot
    -Experience selling his services to "any government that wishes to control another"
    -At least like, 3 Laptops and 5 cell phones
    -The corpse of his dead wife, unpreserved?
    -A large ego
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Oh, hang on.

Slippery Jim diGriz, Angelina diGriz, James diGriz, Bolivar diGriz and...sure, Professor Copyu for tech.

That should do it. This bunch deals with stuff like 'Timeline altering terrorist organizations'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Actually when you think about it, comic books by their nature fall into the category of books.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Spies that don't really have experience with anything superhuman seem kind of just chaff against agencies that operate in a superpowered verse, no?

Just off the top of my head

-The protagonist of Simon R. Green's urban fantasy/spy parody Drood books
    -Bob Howard of Charles Stross' Laundry series
    -Eisenhorn from the Warhammer 40K Books
    -Gideon Ravenor from the Warhammer 40K books

And for the hell of it to fill the list Neil Breen's ludicrous "agent" character from Double Down by which I mean I take all of his statements as pure fact despite the lack of much onscreen display of ability who has:

-Knows the backdoor of all the major systems (actually invented them as well, but is still a covert agent somehow)
    -Biological weapon knowledge via direct contact usage and the capability of secretly planting biobombs in several major cities that if detonated, will kill hundreds of thousands as a safeguard against attack (even though they still attack)
    -Has access to a device that generates an invisibility field that also contradictorily kills anyone who approaches it, seeming to render invisibility moot
    -Experience selling his services to "any government that wishes to control another"
    -At least like, 3 Laptops and 5 cell phones
    -The corpse of his dead wife, unpreserved?
    -A large ego
    You seem to have put a lot of thought into this one...

...I like the last thing. ^_^
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well the thing is, "take on" is really vague. Is this some kind of infiltration/espionage mission to see who's better at spying? Or just a direct fight to get that body count?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You seem to have put a lot of thought into this one...

...I like the last thing. ^_^
    There's a little video which describes well the experience of watching this particular Breen film, though one scene is mildly nsfw

Rewatching there's actually a few feats I missed

-Hacking skillz where he can perform various highly disruptive acts such as shutting down the power grid of a major city, fixing elections, and cutting off the water supply for half of the US (?!). He has apparently already done these things before with ease which brings up great questions the history of this created world since they would be impossible to hide and hugely catastrophic
    -Can steal any car, at any time
    -Awarded "every medal"
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well the thing is, "take on" is really vague. Is this some kind of infiltration/espionage mission to see who's better at spying? Or just a direct fight to get that body count?
    If it's the former, I'm confident my second team can infiltrate these organizations and wreck them from within. No body-count, just 'exposed and ruined, operations disrupted, etc'.

If it's the latter, I'm also confident that 5 Imperium Godkillers can lay waste to these organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    There's a little video which describes well the experience of watching this particular Breen film, though one scene is mildly nsfw

Rewatching there's actually a few feats I missed

-Hacking skillz where he can perform various highly disruptive acts such as shutting down the power grid of a major city, fixing elections, and cutting off the water supply for half of the US (?!). He has apparently already done these things before with ease which brings up great questions the history of this created world since they would be impossible to hide and hugely catastrophic
    -Can steal any car, at any time
    -Awarded "every medal"
    Very...weird. I'll have to watch the clip. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I recruit the following spies:

The Doctor: He's been an operative of the CIA (Celestial Intervention Agency) on multiple occasions, so he counts as a spy.

Loki, Agent of Asgard

Nick Fury: This leader of SHIELD being pitted against his own agency from time to time is practically a tradition, so let's do it again.

Secret Agent John Courage

Ayesha Ura, Sidereal Exalted, Chosen of Journeys (I was tempted to recruit Chejop Kejak but I figured the potential for massive personality conflicts between him and the others made Ayesha the better choice)

I think they have a good chance of success.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Yay, Courage makes an appearance! And he's tailor-made for this kind of thing!
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member

Nick Fury couldn't figure out that half his agency was made up of left over Nazis (Hydra ain't Nazis - blah, blah, I know that argument, just Marvel PR). I'd pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Nick Fury couldn't figure out that half his agency was made up of left over Nazis (Hydra ain't Nazis - blah, blah, I know that argument, just Marvel PR). I'd pass on him.
    If you mean MCU Fury, fair.

If you mean 616 Fury, he knew. And was controlling them.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member

MCU Fury - loses his eye to a space, octopussy. What a joke. Go back to hawking credit cards. Since there are clearly alternate Wandas around, get one of those. Same with Natashas - in What If, she popped up on the carrier and surprised Nick.

That is a problem with infinite alternates - you can have a zillion Kangs but a zillion anyone.