Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And the Emerald Empress had a pretty powerful death scene (marred only somewhat by art that didn't really work for me. I would have loved to see that done by someone like Lightle!).
    Agree, but felt that way about the entire run after Lightle dropped out and before Giffen came back. Greg Laroque was a solid artist, but Legion had been a top tier series and deserved a top tier artist. I have heard that many artists are scared on the huge number of characters in Legion, so that may have played a part. It didn't help that Lightle continued to contribute beautiful covers that surpassed the interior art.
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-26-2024 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    speaking of chemical king, i was just starting to like him when they killed him off.
    He was given a raw deal. I liked him quite a bit in that ERG-1 origin story, but that was likely because Bates changes his powers to creating chemical compositions instead of controlling chemical reactions. Either way, I felt he deserved more spotlight than he got. Wasn't really a fan of the new kid Levitz introduced in the new 52 Legion.

Mighty Member

I always felt sad for Luornu having to go from Triplicate Girl to Duo Damsel. She could have used some type of boost back then such as making the two remaining bodies physically stronger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I always felt sad for Luornu having to go from Triplicate Girl to Duo Damsel. She could have used some type of boost back then such as making the two remaining bodies physically stronger.
    I always wanted her to have the ability to transport and merge at will. Maybe make her a member of the Espionage Squad. They needed to do something to make her powers more interesting.

I thought it was sweet of Brainy to give her one of his force-field belts for protection after the trauma of losing the second third of herself.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-25-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

I thought what Geoff Johns did by making her Duplicate Damsel was a good move because it played off of what we knew of typical inhabitant of Cargg. Luornu was the only member of that race to survive when one of her triplicates was killed. This hinted that Lu was unique among her people -- possibly a mutant. She may have always had the ability to create multiple duplicates but was limited based on what she thought she could do.

I don't remember how she realized she could do this, but it's too bad it took decades for a writer to come up with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I thought what Geoff Johns did by making her Duplicate Damsel was a good move because it played off of what we knew of typical inhabitant of Cargg. Luornu was the only member of that race to survive when one of her triplicates was killed. This hinted that Lu was unique among her people -- possibly a mutant. She may have always had the ability to create multiple duplicates but was limited based on what she thought she could do.

I don't remember how she realized she could do this, but it's too bad it took decades for a writer to come up with the idea.
    I imagine with as many team members there already were in the Legion, the last thing they wanted was to have to write/draw a hundred Duplicate Damsels as well in fight scenes.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Waid ran with that idea in the 3boot. He basically turned her into the DC version of Multiple Man. It was lame.

Ultimate Member

Because I have no soul, when one of her selves died and she went from Triplicate Girl to Duo Damsel, and then lost a second self and was down to one body, I started calling her Lone Lass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Because I have no soul, when one of her selves died and she went from Triplicate Girl to Duo Damsel, and then lost a second self and was down to one body, I started calling her Lone Lass.
    Oh, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Waid ran with that idea in the 3boot. He basically turned her into the DC version of Multiple Man. It was lame.
    ^^^Actually sounds cool.

Astonishing Member

It's not as cool as you may think. Because Cargg was populated only by Luornu's duplicates. Three of them got bored and left -- and that was basically Triad. They could combine and separate, but couldn't create multiples. I'm sure Waid thought he had brilliant ideas on the Threeboot, but the stories just weren't that great.

It's not as cool as you may think. Because Cargg was populated only by Luornu's duplicates. Three of them got bored and left -- and that was basically Triad. They could combine and separate, but couldn't create multiples. I'm sure Waid thought he had brilliant ideas on the Threeboot, but the stories just weren't that great.
    Waid was just being too clever for his own good. Like Colossal Boy coming from a race of giants and his actual power was being able to shrink to normal human size.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Waid was just being too clever for his own good. Like Colossal Boy coming from a race of giants and his actual power was being able to shrink to normal human size.
    ^^^Haha, that one always made me smile.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Actually sounds cool.
    If anything I think the Reboot version of Triplicate Girl (renamed Triad) was the best version. All of her bodies had their own personalitys. One was bolder, one was more quite and shy, and the middle was a mix of both. They treated each other as sisters and not just duplicates.