Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I just had a thought. Someone noticed that the bad-Beast keeps hinting that he seems to know something no one else does:

"Mutant-kind" is depending on us."

They said he's hinted this before, but I don't remember. It may be nothing. Attached to that theory, another said what if Hank divested himself of his conscience to better serve as X-Force's leader? I'm taking this a step further. What if he found out some threat to mutants, either that he couldn't tell about, or he arrogantly believed only he could stop it, or didn't want anyone else to do the terrible things necessary, so felt he had to sacrifice himself? Feeling the job would need someone conscienceless, he divested himself of his soul using his knowledge of magic, knowing that eventually X-Force would need his original self to stop his conscienceless self and thus bring his real self back. He deliberately left his memories up to his New Defenders days untouched, because he wanted to forget all the awful things that had happened to him(as well as his mistakes). Cerebra brought back the real soul of Hank in that tube.

This is just some things I've been hearing, but I'm trying to rationalize some things here. I know I shouldn't look too deeply into the soul business.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-26-2024 at 08:15 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.