Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Too bad they’re using a clone of current Hank as the body… I was hoping for him to physically look like he used to as well…

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I was really thinking that bad!Hank had someone lost his soul just prior to Krakoa and this was Sage just finding it and putting it back in a new body.

But, like the Talon/Laura situation, it seems they're going for 'there are two real Hanks now' explanation.
    Jean "She's the real Laura because I say she's the real Laura" Grey .

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Think of it as Percy skimming a wiki and then calling it a day while ignoring context and flat out mis-representing things (making him responsible for creating the Legacy Virus? When he worked night and day to find a cure?).
    Didn't Hank create mutated versions of the Legacy Virus specific to vampires and Skrulls, and may have used it against one of them during the Utopia era? And there was also that time he nuked a whole world using a Ghost Box also in that era. Hank definitely did a few atrocities even before the Krakoa era....
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-24-2024 at 06:11 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

He used it against the Skrulls during Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't Hank create mutated versions of the Legacy Virus specific to vampires and Skrulls, and may have used it against one of them during the Utopia era? And there was also that time he nuked a whole world using a Ghost Box also in that era. Hank definitely did a few atrocities even before the Krakoa era....
    Hank's unleashing Legacy Virus against the Skrulls was a wartime measure ordered by Cyclops, I don't think Legacy Virus came up during Utopia's dealings with vampires and that was after Beast had left San Fransico, the Ghost box incident would have been a better example. Beast made the call that saved Threnody's life from the Legacy Virus and when Gambit, Rogue and Beast came to check on her, she was thankful and turned down their offered rescue of her and elected to stay with Sinister. Working with the Inhumans to research the Terrigen Mists when it started effecting mutants was quite obviously neccesary, his opposition to Storm's war had nothing to do with a desire to continue allying with the Inhumans. Not sure what reference Sage is making to MGH.

Nice to hear Threnody get another mention and the reiteration of Hank’s heinous act of giving her over to Sinister as one of his sins, but when are we going to see that icon again on page? She hasn't been in a comic since 2007 and Thren is overdue for a comeback.

Also a missed but very minor opportunity not mentioning Hank treating Vera Cantor like crap their whole relationship as one of his sins, where he was constantly standing her up, gaslighting her and indirectly almost got her killed by association during his Avengers time.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

The ghost box thing was after I stopped reading, but didn't Dr. Doom and Franklin use their temporary reality-altering powers to make it that it never happened, along with some other things during that story?

As for Vera, I do believe she was the best match for him, but I think the writers found her boring. You know how Hank disguised himself with a mask to hide his furry appearance from her? I long thought it'd been cool if it was revealed she was also disguising herself, hiding a furry appearance (she would have been a mutant too in this scenario). Then they would have been gaslighting each other and had a laugh about it!
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-24-2024 at 07:08 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

X-Force can’t even not **** up when they’re really trying haha.

Incredible Member

Black Tom wanting better food was a little like rubbing salt in the wound to me. But I am still bitter. #Justice4MarylinHannah

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    any images of OG Hank?
    Sure. Check this one out…

IMG_0740.jpg
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Too bad they’re using a clone of current Hank as the body… I was hoping for him to physically look like he used to as well…
    I mean current Hank has had like 3 different designs at this point

I'm honestly surprised that people are taking this Beast situation as a good thing. The character is being reset to his days at the end of New Defenders. If this is the story that is going to be used than Beast is going to lose all of his history from whenever X-Factor started and all the way through the 1990's and the Morrison era. He may as well be an entirely different character. Actually, he likely will be, since he won't have Beast's soul. I don't see how his fans con celebrate this.

And I'm agreeing with people who said that is BS that Percy tried to dig through Hank's history to support what he did to Hank. Some of the stuff was taken badly out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that people are taking this Beast situation as a good thing. The character is being reset to his days at the end of New Defenders. If this is the story that is going to be used than Beast is going to lose all of his history from whenever X-Factor started and all the way through the 1990's and the Morrison era. He may as well be an entirely different character. Actually, he likely will be, since he won't have Beast's soul. I don't see how his fans con celebrate this.

And I'm agreeing with people who said that is BS that Percy tried to dig through Hank's history to support what he did to Hank. Some of the stuff was taken badly out of context.
    Dodging the Morrison era is great.. if it were up to me, that’s where his memories would stop so he wouldn’t have the remember that horrific time in his life.. God I hated Morrison X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

Percy has thoroughly poisoned the well on Beast being able to continue as a hero as he is. And before Percy he was just getting scapegoated for the Inhumans vx X-Men event. Before that we had Bendis having an omniscient observer character Uatu betray his solemn ageold vow of non interference not to help but just to express his opinion that Beast is the worst being to have ever walked the face of Earth. Uatu would interfere before if he can save the Earth from immediate obliteration at the hands of Galactus before but just to let someone know they suck, he doesn't feel Red Skull, Kang, Ultron, Sinister, Apocalypse or Doctor Doom deserve to be treated in such a fashion. Only Beast.

Sage's list was utter bogus but it's not like we didn't have a problem on our hands before Percy entered the picture. As for his soul, the guy that woke up in Wolverine #30 after Wolverine killed Beast is just a Cerebro scan downloaded into a cloned body too, that guy didn't go through the Resurrection Protocols either. By the explanations for how the Five is able to resurrect people soul and all, Beast's soul left the building with Eyepatch Beast.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 01-25-2024 at 05:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

As always, Percy is writing his own fan-fiction.

What is the point of the 5 being so important to mutant ressurection if Evil-Beast can do it on its own? You only need Cerebro now, that somehow he can also use.

Also... does he remember about the Sinister-BS with the genes? Somehow Evil-Beast fixed that, even though we were told it's a trans-dimensional gene BS-ery that no one could fix?

What does it mean, then, for those Beast clones? They can all be Sineter-ed? Including new Hank?

I'm a Beast fan and I'm not happy about this development at all.