Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So how did they get his soul back? It was lost way before the Resurrection Protocols ever existed. Did they just go find it somewhere out there in the ether and restore it? If so, I never saw that addressed on panel. Just saying.

Also, not something I lose sleep over, this concept if whether a certain fictional character has a soul and ergo is “real” or fake. *shrugs*

Every soul that was previously lost to them as it was destroyed/lost/moved/whatever could be restored after Wanda did her mojo, this doesn't matter to someone that has avoided resurrecting but that is not Nightcrawler, he's gone through the post wanda adjustment process, if he was operating without a soul before that would have been fixed by now.

I was really thinking that bad!Hank had someone lost his soul just prior to Krakoa and this was Sage just finding it and putting it back in a new body.

But, like the Talon/Laura situation, it seems they're going for 'there are two real Hanks now' explanation.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

There's not a single scene of Beast interacting with Wolverine or Colossus as they are the only one he knows before he is caught up on everything off screen. So much for any actual interest in writing a character that got dropped in this new timeperiod out of the blue at all. Also Sage's list of offenses for Beast before Percy started writing him really is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    There's not a single scene of Beast interacting with Wolverine or Colossus as they are the only one he knows before he is caught up on everything off screen. So much for any actual interest in writing a character that got dropped in this new timeperiod out of the blue at all. Also Sage's list of offenses for Beast before Percy started writing him really is BS.
    I imagine Percy is more concerned about wrapping up the big things in the limited page count he has available, but yeah...it would have been nice to see more of an interaction. Shame, since he seems to be entirely capable of writing a good "classic" Hank at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    I imagine Percy is more concerned about wrapping up the big things in the limited page count he has available, but yeah...it would have been nice to see more of an interaction. Shame, since he seems to be entirely capable of writing a good "classic" Hank at the moment.
    That's what I don't understand. He's had at least two pointless filler arcs that just wasted time, now he's got to rush everything?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Extraordinary Member

Every soul that was previously lost to them as it was destroyed/lost/moved/whatever could be restored after Wanda did her mojo, this doesn't matter to someone that has avoided resurrecting but that is not Nightcrawler, he's gone through the post wanda adjustment process, if he was operating without a soul before that would have been fixed by now.
    While the whole thing is a mess and I honestly would not even care to know what it is supposed to be until some writer decides to make it a story element, none of that fixes his soul. The waiting room allowed resurrections of people without backups. So they could call out to the soul directly and do whatever. That does not mean Kurt's soul (if it was still lost) was suddenly able to be contacted. If his soul was gone then he just would not be able to be brought back that way. If Kurt has been brought back then it would still be possible with the backups meaning the waiting room is not proof.

You can have a different take and I am not trying to change your mind, there is really nothing said on page and it is the kind of thing that seems to be best handled by head canon, just like everything with resurrection mumbo jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While the whole thing is a mess and I honestly would not even care to know what it is supposed to be until some writer decides to make it a story element, none of that fixes his soul. The waiting room allowed resurrections of people without backups. So they could call out to the soul directly and do whatever. That does not mean Kurt's soul (if it was still lost) was suddenly able to be contacted. If his soul was gone then he just would not be able to be brought back that way. If Kurt has been brought back then it would still be possible with the backups meaning the waiting room is not proof.

You can have a different take and I am not trying to change your mind, there is really nothing said on page and it is the kind of thing that seems to be best handled by head canon, just like everything with resurrection mumbo jumbo.
    It was never explained exactly how Nightcrawler has his soul back, but he does, ever since he stepped foot on Krakoa. When he was missing a soul, he was unable to die which he has now done multiple times. Plus Margali pulled the hope sword from the gap in his soul, left by the soulsword; which she wouldn’t be able to do if it wasn’t there.

Also welcome back Hank!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was a very strong issue. It really feels like we're in the endgame now, with lots of juicy stuff happening.

While I actually enjoyed the "dark" Beast story, it really warmed my heart to see the old Hank bouncing around again and shedding a tear for his future self's atrocities. I'm guessing that once this is all said and done, this new/old Hank will be the new, permanent one, he's already caught up to speed on the last few decades' worth of continuity basically so all that's left is to get rid of the other Beast. I'm looking forward to reading how it all plays out over the next couple of issues.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did I read this summary correctly? They brought Hank forward from the past? AGAIN?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did I read this summary correctly? They brought Hank forward from the past? AGAIN?
    Not quite, they just used one of Hank's clones as the body and then restored his mind via an old Cerebro back-up circa his Avengers/New Defenders time. Chat and computer files then filled in the blanks in his history. Really it's pretty much the same that was done with Wanda in The Trial of Magneto, only Jean and Rachel brought her up to speed telepathically.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

"Twenty Millions souls who were lost before Cerebro started it's backups or before their X-gene could manifest."
    "Time was compacted-- folded in on itself into a compact possibility-- --allowing Cerebro to scan across time and space itself for mutants who fell between the cracks of the resurrection protocols."

Please do try to change my mind, what about Kurt's losing of his soul fails to be described here? He had a soul at one point in time and space, therefore that soul can be reached by Cerebro now as it being far into the past is no longer an obstactle. "Mutants who fell between the cracks of resurrections protocols" definitely is not meant to just describe mutants who had perfectly ordinary deaths just prior to Cerebro backups, but a whole bunch of corner cases like Kurt. Not neccesarily Kurt but I don't see why unltil stated other it is the default assumption that Cerebro discovered that Kurt's soul alone, never seems to have existed anymore across all time and space.

For me the important thing is that we now have a decent Hank. The method or circumstances of it doesn't matter to me and I'm not going to whine when I got the outcome I wanted.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

"Twenty Millions souls who were lost before Cerebro started it's backups or before their X-gene could manifest."
    "Time was compacted-- folded in on itself into a compact possibility-- --allowing Cerebro to scan across time and space itself for mutants who fell between the cracks of the resurrection protocols."

Please do try to change my mind, what about Kurt's losing of his soul fails to be described here? He had a soul at one point in time and space, therefore that soul can be reached by Cerebro now as it being far into the past is no longer an obstactle. "Mutants who fell between the cracks of resurrections protocols" definitely is not meant to just describe mutants who had perfectly ordinary deaths just prior to Cerebro backups, but a whole bunch of corner cases like Kurt. Not neccesarily Kurt but I don't see why unltil stated other it is the default assumption that Cerebro discovered that Kurt's soul alone, never seems to have existed anymore across all time and space.
    As I said, and as I can see here from your reply, there is nothing really to show as 'proof' rather just something that happened that allowed an interpretation of events to make sense of some other event that seemed to have been ignored*.

*except as shown in post just above it would seem that Kurt must have got his soul back 'in the 6 months'.

Incredible Member

I thought the sins sage listed that were pre krakoa were odd. Threnody was listed separately from the legacy virus. Did he do something worse than that. The inhumans mention was weird as well. He was with them to find a cure for the mists far from his worst decision. The illuminati part would be less weird if it was to any other group. Most people here probably wouldn’t have that much issue doing the same things them selves. Also no mention of the time displaced x men, which he used to get the most criticism for.