Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Not quite, they just used one of Hank's clones as the body and then restored his mind via an old Cerebro back-up circa his Avengers/New Defenders time. Chat and computer files then filled in the blanks in his history. Really it's pretty much the same that was done with Wanda in The Trial of Magneto, only Jean and Rachel brought her up to speed telepathically.
    But, that means this is just a clone with some of the old one's memories. Thus it's not the real Hank. This is the very scenario I was hoping they wouldn't do.

But then, Black Tom did say they were investigating just WHY the original went bad. Maybe there's another explanation coming up?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    I thought the sins sage listed that were pre krakoa were odd. Threnody was listed separately from the legacy virus. Did he do something worse than that. The inhumans mention was weird as well. He was with them to find a cure for the mists far from his worst decision. The illuminati part would be less weird if it was to any other group. Most people here probably wouldn’t have that much issue doing the same things them selves. Also no mention of the time displaced x men, which he used to get the most criticism for.
    Percy kept trying to use this to say that Hank was always bad actually, so now he has to erase that stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    But, that means this is just a clone with some of the old one's memories. Thus it's not the real Hank. This is the very scenario I was hoping they wouldn't do.

But then, Black Tom did say they were investigating just WHY the original went bad. Maybe there's another explanation coming up?
    Eh, I think it's like Laura and Talon, where Talon is technically the "real" Laura but everyone just straight-up ignores that.

Extraordinary Member

He may as well just say that Dark Beast somehow got copied into the databanks somehow overtop of Hank and has been who was actually getting resurrected while real Hank has been in limbo the whole time. Might be the laziest but cleanest way to wash everyone's hands of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He may as well just say that Dark Beast somehow got copied into the databanks somehow overtop of Hank and has been who was actually getting resurrected while real Hank has been in limbo the whole time. Might be the laziest but cleanest way to wash everyone's hands of this.
    I was thinking this too. A friend of mine had a theory that Hank died in an unseen accident just as Krakoa was starting and was the very first to go through the resurrection protocols. Dark Beast was in the protocols too, and since they are technically the same person, combined with the protocols not being perfected yet, Hank's real soul could have been lost, leaving this bad one in his place with his mind scrambled with Dark Beast's amorality. There was some sort of 6-month period where Krakoa just kind of happens, and we just see it as it starts, right? This theory could have happened in the missing time, and Xavier could make everyone involved forget. Bad!Hank was awfully disturbed after he went through the resurrection protocols that we saw, saying things like 'I feel like something's missing' and 'something's been lost'. He also said before this that 'Sometimes, I don't feel like myself'.

But anyway, I'm overthinking it of course. With how big a fan of Avengers and Defenders Beast Brevoort is, I'm sure that the writers that want to fix Hank could offer an explanation to oblige him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Percy kept trying to use this to say that Hank was always bad actually, so now he has to erase that stuff too.
    Percy is a psycho writer.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Pretty much everyone on the various X-teams have been brought back this way though, only with a more recent back-up of their mind. But everyone is living in a new cloned/recreated body these days with just a few exceptions.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Today is International Mungho Day

Also Percy's writing for Classic Hank is surprisingly good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    There's not a single scene of Beast interacting with Wolverine or Colossus as they are the only one he knows before he is caught up on everything off screen. So much for any actual interest in writing a character that got dropped in this new timeperiod out of the blue at all. Also Sage's list of offenses for Beast before Percy started writing him really is BS.
    Did Hank do all of the things or was Sage exaggerating? Is there a list somewhere? Because I'd love to read the life and crimes of Henry McCoy in chronicle order

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Pretty much everyone on the various X-teams have been brought back this way though, only with a more recent back-up of their mind. But everyone is living in a new cloned/recreated body these days with just a few exceptions.
    I know just about everyone is walking around in a new body. It's if it's really their original souls or not that I don't understand.

Of course, I may be overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Today is International Mungho Day

Also Percy's writing for Classic Hank is surprisingly good
    I guess I really am infamous. I'm sure I've been insufferable since I joined these forums about a year-and-a-half-ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Did Hank do all of the things or was Sage exaggerating? Is there a list somewhere? Because I'd love to read the life and crimes of Henry McCoy in chronicle order
    Think of it as Percy skimming a wiki and then calling it a day while ignoring context and flat out mis-representing things (making him responsible for creating the Legacy Virus? When he worked night and day to find a cure?).

I hope this ends well.

I have yet to read my New Defenders trades, so I wonder was Beast having some issues at this time? With someone or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this ends well.
    Thanks for jinxing it already, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Thanks for jinxing it already, huh?
    And in the end NuOld Hank will sacrifice himself thus reminding Old Hank of the meaning of Christmas and his frozen heart will grow 3 sizes that day. And then X-Force will fire him out of a canon into the sun just to be sure.

BANNED

I know just about everyone is walking around in a new body. It's if it's really their original souls or not that I don't understand.

Of course, I may be overthinking it.

I guess I really am infamous. I'm sure I've been insufferable since I joined these forums about a year-and-a-half-ago.

Think of it as Percy skimming a wiki and then calling it a day while ignoring context and flat out mis-representing things (making him responsible for creating the Legacy Virus? When he worked night and day to find a cure?).
    Yeah... I saw that