Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    As always, Percy is writing his own fan-fiction.

What is the point of the 5 being so important to mutant ressurection if Evil-Beast can do it on its own? You only need Cerebro now, that somehow he can also use.

Also... does he remember about the Sinister-BS with the genes? Somehow Evil-Beast fixed that, even though we were told it's a trans-dimensional gene BS-ery that no one could fix?

What does it mean, then, for those Beast clones? They can all be Sineter-ed? Including new Hank?

I'm a Beast fan and I'm not happy about this development at all.
    I doubt Beast's resurrection had anything to do with Sinister and it's most likely a rip-off of what the Jackal does.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't Hank create mutated versions of the Legacy Virus specific to vampires and Skrulls, and may have used it against one of them during the Utopia era? And there was also that time he nuked a whole world using a Ghost Box also in that era. Hank definitely did a few atrocities even before the Krakoa era....
    If that's what happened and Percy still wrote a basic "He created the Legacy Virus" line in his book then he still messed up.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I doubt Beast's resurrection had anything to do with Sinister and it's most likely a rip-off of what the Jackal does.
    All right. It's possible that Evil-Hank was paranoid enough to prepare his own DNA sample, instead of using the ones Sinister had messed with.

But that still doesn't explain how he uploads his backups to the clones, without a telepath. [EDIT: I thought he didn't. I thought somehow his method just copied the memories imprinted in his brain or something. But the fact there was an "empty" clone for Sage to use changes that. They don't even show Quentin uploading the old back-up to that body... It seemed like Sage did it through a Krakoa/tech interface alone].

Moreover, if there's no difference between resurrection via the 5 and Evil-Beast's cloning, that means you only need Cerebro backing-up their minds. It makes the 5 obsolete.

If there's still a difference, it means New-Beast is not the same as the characters resurrected via de the protocols.

Either way, you have a mess.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-25-2024 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    All right. It's possible that Evil-Hank was paranoid enough to prepare his own DNA sample, instead of using the ones Sinister had messed with.

But that still doesn't explain how he uploads his backups to the clones, without a telepath.

Moreover, if there's no difference between resurrection via the 5 and Evil-Beast's cloning, that means you only need Cerebro backing-up their minds. It makes the 5 obsolete.

If there's still a difference, it means New-Beast is not the same as the characters resurrected via de the protocols.

Either way, you have a mess.
    Beast had Cerebro Sword which is designed to mimic Xavier telepathic abilities. But if it's just preexisting brainscans and clones bodies from preexisting dna material, whether you die on Otherworld shouldn't make any difference. Somewhere in Proteus and Hope's contribution to the process the soul is retrieved from the moment of death. All Beast, Moira and Sinister resurrections just skip that part completely.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Beast had Cerebro Sword which is designed to mimic Xavier telepathic abilities. But if it's just preexisting brainscans and clones bodies from preexisting dna material, whether you die on Otherworld shouldn't make any difference. Somewhere in Proteus and Hope's contribution to the process the soul is retrieved from the moment of death. All Beast, Moira and Sinister resurrections just skip that part completely.
    Yes. That was what we were told. That somehow the 5 make the resurrection, actual resurrection, instead of just cloning. [Note: I'm not going refer to the "soul" here, because that will bring up an entire different discussion and it's not the point. The point is whatever difference there is, we were told those characters brought back by the 5 were the real deal].

If that's still true, then New-Hank is not the real deal. He's just a clone.

Now, we were also told that clones are their own person (which I'd agree), but then New-Hank is not the original Hank either. He's his own person.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

To my understanding, the Beast tuned evil disappeared off to somewhere?
    Was he yet another version or was is 6+16 turned bad?
    So now we have a Beast clone taking his place?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Percy had the 616 Beast who was on Krakoa start doing shady sh*t which led to him using clones of Wolverine to assassinate people he considered enemies of Krakoa. Then Wolverine and X-Force tried to catch him but he kept getting away. Then everyone got distracted by Fall of X.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    616 Beast went evil, was killed by Wolverine but had his own cloning facility ready where he woke up afterwards and carried on his evil work, from this cloning facility this new clone was retrieved as well. So the difference between the current good and evil Beast is only in that the good Beast has a huge memory gap whereas the evil one's memories and time of resurrection lines up with the death at the hands of Wolverine quite well, they are presumably both bodies that from the same batch of appropriated Goldball eggs as it were.

I'm not a fan that the "new classic" Beast is in a current Beast clone body. I'm hoping that after the Krakoan era ends he ends up far away from the X titles and he starts looking the classic Beast too. I want other creators to ignore this era for him. As a Beast fan it's been horrible.

So they just gonna accept this clone as Hank? He's not and I think its problematic to erase nearly 40 years worth of story development from him

The plan seems stupid and shortsighted. It reminds me of Hank bringing back the teen Cyclops to stop adult Cyclops using the same stupid logic.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm not a fan that the "new classic" Beast is in a current Beast clone body. I'm hoping that after the Krakoan era ends he ends up far away from the X titles and he starts looking the classic Beast too. I want other creators to ignore this era for him. As a Beast fan it's been horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So they just gonna accept this clone as Hank? He's not and I think its problematic to erase nearly 40 years worth of story development from him

The plan seems stupid and shortsighted. It reminds me of Hank bringing back the teen Cyclops to stop adult Cyclops using the same stupid logic.
    I agree with both of you. After the initial euphoria wore off, I'm feeling this is one of the worst ways they could have done this. His time in X-Factor, the entirety of the 90's, all gone?

I still hope that Percy didn't forget the hints he dropped at the beginning of X-Force that bad!Hank wasn't the real one and this one is. If this is the real Hank's real soul, he could recover his other memories.

Like I said before, if Percy doesn't fix this mess, Brevoort will find someone who will.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Meh. It all still happened. And he read up on it, so he knows about everything that has happened since his last back up. It's just that this Hank didn't personally live it, so he doesn't have first-person memories of it.

Welcome to Logan's world. He's been mindwiped so many times he can't remember $#!t. So it's like he didn't live it either, and he's doing just fine. Same with Cable. Dude has been "reset" like ten times now. Not even sure if he remembers raising Hope in the future at this point, at least not from a first-person perspective. I'm betting it won't get addressed and they'll just expect you to live with it. Or ignore it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Meh. It all still happened. And he read up on it, so he knows about everything that has happened since his last back up. It's just that this Hank didn't personally live it, so he doesn't have first-person memories of it.

Welcome to Logan's world. He's been mindwiped so many times he can't remember $#!t. So it's like he didn't live it either, and he's doing just fine. Same with Cable. Dude has been "reset" like ten times now. Not even sure if he remembers raising Hope in the future at this point, at least not from a first-person perspective. I'm betting it won't get addressed and they'll just expect you to live with it. Or ignore it.
    Reading about something and actually experiencing are two different things. We saw a similar scenario with the teen O5, whom read up on their older selve's history (Jean even got a TP mind dump). He's not the same Hank bc he never lived any of that stuff. Functionally, he's essentially an AR clone. Everything that happened over the last 40 yers was signficant to who he was. Even if we wanted to disregard the Krakoa era, like Mungho mentioned, X-Factor and 90s X-men were pretty big. He cant reference any of that bc he didnt live it. Its problematic and I dont like it

And then there's the issue of the fact that this is a clone, an incomplete one at that. I dont know how they are going to deal with that. I havent read all of X-Factor, but he wasnt created by hte Five via the Resurrection Protocols. I believe this was standard science cloning we've seen in the MU. Are they gonna ignore that or acknowledge that yes he is in fact a clone, not the real Hank but they are going to accept him as such? A similar thing was done with Illyana who was designated Magik 2.0 bc she wasnt the real original after she was brought back but ultimately they chose to accept her anyway
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-25-2024 at 09:20 AM.

I get it. Just saying that the next creative and editorial team that takes over likely won't care enough to explain it away. They'll just move on and act like it didn't happen. Hank's a good guy again, more like his old self. That's all you need to know going into the new era. Only a handful of people will care that they "reset" him in the last era because he went bad. And all 3-4 of them are on this board. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Percy could still end this with the good Beast dying so I don't know why people are getting their hopes up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I get it. Just saying that the next creative and editorial team that takes over likely won't care enough to explain it away. They'll just move on and act like it didn't happen. Hank's a good guy again, more like his old self. That's all you need to know going into the new era. Only a handful of people will care that they "reset" him in the last era because he went bad. And all 3-4 of them are on this board. Ha.
    I wish that were true. But next time a writer decides they like Hank doing shady stuff, they might use the excuse that this Hank is not even the real one anyway.

Not having him being brought back by the protocols (or other non-cloning methods) like any other character puts Hank in a vulnerable position.

EDIT: Also, a writer might decide that since that's a clone, and clones are separate people, they're allowed to write Hank however they want, since it's an actual different character who just looks like him and has some of his memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Percy could still end this with the good Beast dying so I don't know why people are getting their hopes up.
    This might be a good thing.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-25-2024 at 09:39 AM.