I think this is my final contribution/occasion for Creator-Showcase, and it's a nod to my (perhaps) fave-comics hero, Green Lantern (DC Comics). Thanks for reading!

====

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) was now hot on the trail of a ruthless blood-diamond smugglers operation chess-tied with some dark laser-initiative underground for bad eco-capitalism exploitation veiled in mad-sciences. Hal (Lantern) wondered what to do and could only conclude the best examination-solution would be to create power-ring unleashed giant disorienting nets in minerals/gems extraction areas in conflict-ridden Africa where they were still rumored to be sourced and from where they were still rumored to be exported...all the way to the United States. Well, Green Lantern knew he'd have to complement this giant leviathan-net 'operation' in places like Sierra Leone with some cool social-media image marketing for minerals value(s) and imagery and chose as this special crusade-weapon of symbols the magical black-shiny rock known as Obsidian (wow).

art1.jpg

FAN: Obsidian, eh?
HAL: You betcha.
FAN: Why not like limestone?
HAL: Bet on black, in the underground/mines, friend.
FAN: What's the deal with Lantern's ties with Obsidian-superstition?
HAL: Textures for social psychology friend, for the leviathan-IQ.
FAN: Seems you've found the excellence-match for treasure(s).
HAL: That may be true, in this 'icy' Earth of (incomplete) bureaucracy.
FAN: Wow...blood-diamonds make for jagged edges and value-scars!
HAL: You betcha (thanx).

art2.jpg

The Obsidian-stage was set for our mighty power-ring charmed super hero of Earthling-traffic, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Would this black-shiny treasure-crusade yield the sort of language-arts needed for a high-art required for eco-capitalism consciousness in the 21st-Century? What would future-Earth archaeologists make of such vanities-bonfire concerning (incomplete) bureaucracy-flares for leviathan? Hal meanwhile began a serious project to create children's stories about the magical mineral; and he hoped this was a labor-of-love. We're all rooting for him (the Green Lantern).

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)