Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The British show Danger Man (1960-1968), starring McGoohan, transitioned to color at the very end and it worked well enough. I'm glad The Prisoner (some think it a pseudo sequel to Danger Man) emerged only with color as the vibrant psychedelia of the show required the color.
    Would Danger Man be the show that was called Secret Agent in the US?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Would Danger Man be the show that was called Secret Agent in the US?
    Yes. I try to use original titles when I can. Especially since I wasn't alive in the 60s and only saw Danger Man much later in this wikipedia age when we know: it's really Danger Man
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gunsmoke transitioned well into Color. But I prefer the B&W Episodes of Wagon Train mostly due to that being the Ward Bond era of the show.
    Had no idea there are color episodes of Wagon Train. That said the color Laramie's are a no for me. As an aside there's a thread over at the CBCS forums and someone posted a high grade copy of Rawhide last year. Up until that time I had never seen Rowdy and Gil in color before.

No mention of the Beverly Hillbillies? That was the first show that put any look at opulence on TV and when it went to color it added a layer of both where they came from and the furnishings in the mansion.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Though I hesitate to use the term "best show", Lost in Space improved with color.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm ashamed that I never watched one episode of Lost In Space yet. Gotta check to see if it is on any streaming services.

I know the 'Danger Will Robinson!' catchphrase though.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    The Netflix revival of Lost in Space is really good. I know you mean the OG, just saying, check out the revival show if you have interest in the Robinsons.

On topic I agree with Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie.
    Inverse on Munsters as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Had no idea there are color episodes of Wagon Train. That said the color Laramie's are a no for me. As an aside there's a thread over at the CBCS forums and someone posted a high grade copy of Rawhide last year. Up until that time I had never seen Rowdy and Gil in color before.

No mention of the Beverly Hillbillies? That was the first show that put any look at opulence on TV and when it went to color it added a layer of both where they came from and the furnishings in the mansion.
    I agree with The Beverly Hillbillies. The colors were incredible in the mansion, cement pond, and the bank.

Doctor Who

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Gunsmoke transitioned well into Color. But I prefer the B&W Episodes of Wagon Train mostly due to that being the Ward Bond era of the show.
    I can't explain it but I can't watch B&W episodes of Gunsmoke. It just doesn't feel right.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Doctor Who
    I should have thought of this. Arguably had the very best transition (starting in 1970 I believe) of any show ever. Made good use of the transition with vibrant colors and colorful monsters.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-31-2024 at 11:41 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Agreed although season 7 mostly still has a mostly "earthy" kind of color pallette as they were probably still getting used to it, and the stories in general had a much darker tone than the later third Doctor era.

But the rest of Pertwee's stuff is very colorful. "Carnival of Monsters" from season 10 is probably the most colorful WHO story until Colin Baker's era.

and of course the psychedelic stuff of Claws of Axos (Although still images don't do the trippy visuals justice)

Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-31-2024 at 05:21 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it "The Munsters?"
    Was that season not in syndication. I dont' recall ever seeing the original series in color, but I do recall a reunion special movie from the 70s or 80s that was in color. The black & white definitely suited that show -- though typically I always prefer color to b&W.

There was a late 80s color remake/reboot (Supposed to be the same family but they were in "coffins" for a decade or so and woke up in the 80s) but I'm not sure if that was well-received.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Definitely would be “The Munsters” lol.

I feel like it’s a sin to watch that in color.
    The Munsters had color episodes during its original run? How did I make it to 2024 without knowing that?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.