Default Weakest version of Superman that could beat Blue Marvel?

I'm very familiar with Clark, and not very familiar with Adam.

My general understanding (and this could be incorrect for all I know) is that, without P.I.S., Blue Marvel would beat the current version of Superman, but I'm not entirely sure how or why. I'd actually like to know more about Blue Marvel's abilities.

Is there any version of Clark that can beat Adam?

As far as I’m aware, unless Adam’s had A LOT of power-creep over the years since his debut, most versions of Superman would destroy him.

Because speed kills, and Blue Marvel ain’t got none.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Adam is a weird one. I don't think he has a ton of appearances or feats. They best thing I ever saw from him was basically fighting Sentry to the point where both were on the verge of collapsing, but Sentry was big jobber whose powers were inherently inconsistent. So I'm not sure how much to read into it. Otherwise I heard about him taking out state sized asteroids and respectable class 100 stuff, but nothing that put him on post crisis Superman's level for strength or durability, much less speed.

So, feats?

Extraordinary Member

In addition to taking on Sentry, he's also fought King Hyperion.

He's got feets of flying to the moon and back within minutes, and keeping pace with Nova.

On one occasion, he was fghting someone in New York with his team and had to go take care of an Ultimo Drone in Greece, and got back to New York before the fight ended

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

He's got feets of flying to the moon and back within minutes, and keeping pace with Nova.
    That’s not really fast compared to Superman, and it’s a travel speed not reaction. Flying to the moon in minutes is ok but it only takes light one second to reach the moon. And Superman has like 80% speed of light.

Keeping up with Nova isn’t really a feat either.

Astonishing Member

I'm not aware Adam kept any assumed Sentry-high presentation beyond that original mini-series. AFAIK his longer run was being part of the Ultimates team.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    That’s not really fast compared to Superman, and it’s a travel speed not reaction. Flying to the moon in minutes is ok but it only takes light one second to reach the moon. And Superman has like 80% speed of light.

Keeping up with Nova isn’t really a feat either.
    For traveling between celestial bodies, Superman is significantly FTL. It is for reaction speed that he's like 80-90% light speed.

But yeah, this does not sound like a fight Adam can win.

Extraordinary Member

Well, There are probably some versons of Superman he can beat. Not all of them get to show off their speed the way the main universe one does

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well, There are probably some versons of Superman he can beat. Not all of them get to show off their speed the way the main universe one does
    Oh, sure. Most non-comic book versions are far slower, and far weaker to boot. But the OP mentioned current Superman, who is coocoo bananas powerful, when it doesn't seem Adam is even on the post crisis Superman level. I am just clarifying that I don't see the case for that.

To actually answer the thread title... Maybe Superman Returns? The Brandon Ruth version. Lifting a landmass made of Kryptonite with a Kryptonite shard embedded in his side feels pretty comparable to the giant asteroid thing, and both have nebulous speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    For traveling between celestial bodies, Superman is significantly FTL. It is for reaction speed that he's like 80-90% light speed.

But yeah, this does not sound like a fight Adam can win.
    Oh I’m aware of his FTL travel speed, was just talking about his reaction speed. I worded it poorly in my previous post.