Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

In addition to JLA/Avengers being referenced in Kurt Busiek’s JLA run, it was also not so subtly acknowledged in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe around that time.

Also note the callback to Photon being able to absorb the energy from Green Lantern’s ring.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Did they live in the same universe?
    Yep.

And this was the reference in Batman #509

I forgot there's a second Batman/Punisher crossover after this, I haven't read it
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extreme Justice also referenced Marvel vs. DC.

And of course there was a recent Thor one shot that acknowledged Superman and Wonder Woman as having lifted Mjolnir.

Last edited by Holt; 01-25-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Marvel seemingly killed the Amalgam Universe character Spider-Boy. They needed the name for their new character I guess.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-secret...tole-codename/

So DC vs Marvel happened in some form in the Marvel U.

Funny enough, it seems Busiek weighed in on the subject of JLA/Avengers years ago.
    https://x.com/kurtbusiek/status/1202...965150720?s=46

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I can't help thinking that other forms of entertainment don't have this problem.
    Assassinate Putin!

I can't help thinking that other forms of entertainment don't have this problem.
    The occasional TV inter-show crossovers, perhaps, especially in-between detective and police dramas. The original Magnum, P.I. did separate crossovers with Simon & Simon and Murder, She Wrote; years, later, on another network, the original Law & Order did three official crossovers with Homicide: Life on the Street. Plus all the shows Richard Belzer made guest appearances on as Det. John Munch....

If you haven't done so already, please feel free to check out The Tommy Westphall Universe.

Speaking of those--

Here’s a full rundown of the issues collected in each:

DC Versus Marvel Omnibus collects Batman/Captain America #1, Batman/Daredevil #1, Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire #1, Batman/Spider-Man #1, Daredevil/Batman #1, DC Special Series #27, Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger #1, Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1, Incredible Hulk vs. Superman #1, Marvel and DC Present Featuring the Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1, Marvel Treasury Edition #28, Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights #1, Silver Surfer/Superman #1, Spider-Man and Batman #1, Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1, and Superman/Fantastic Four #1.

DC/Marvel: The Amalgam Age Omnibus collects DC Versus Marvel #1-4, DC/Marvel: All Access #1-4, Unlimited Access #1-4, Bat-Thing #1, Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Bullets and Bracelets #1, Challengers of the Fantastic #1, Doctor Strangefate #1, Iron Lantern #1, Legends of the Dark Claw #1, Lobo the Duck #1, Speed Demon #1, Spider-Boy #1, Super Soldier #1, Thorion of the New Asgods #1, X-Patrol #1, and more, plus a treasure trove of behind-the-scenes material.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/13/dc...e-summer-2024/

As for canon the old 70s and 80s stuff is not and part of the "crossoververse" universe.

Jla vs avengers is canon and galactus getting restored from those events were plot points in the marvel comics post and didn't the egg thing show up in a dc book after.

marvel vs dc is also canon as access showed up in gl and superman fantastic four talks about him. Note in the access mini series access wiped the memories of everyone in both universes but him, watcher from marvel and x-men jubillee who had a dairy of the whole thing. This is why they didn't know each other in jla vs avengers!

Access was said to have had a cameo in jla vs avengers (many think froze or trapped by gamemaster) but the cameo was cut. Marvel handbooks talked about both events as well.

Deaths cameo in the 90s ricks wedding issue of hulk is canon also to marvel as dc gave ok to use her in the issue! It is an approved by dc cameo!

[IMG][/IMG]

The barry in quasar is canon to marvel and could be fine at dc as he is gone after that story and could have just gone back to the dc universe after the story. Mantis / willow thing is canon at marvel also.

Marvel handbooks list hawkeye as a member of the justice league from jla vs avengers.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-13-2024 at 08:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I forgot there's a second Batman/Punisher crossover after this, I haven't read it
    Deadly Knights. Astonishingly, those events are referenced as well in Detective Comics #689. Peter Parker of Earth-1 appears in Crisis on Infinite Earths according to the compendium in the absolute edition. I'm sure there are more examples.
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 02-13-2024 at 11:36 PM.

Amusingly enough, Punisher's encounter with Batman is also referenced in Archie meets Punisher.

AND Archie meeting Punisher is referenced again when Archie fights the Predator.

Also, in marvel vs dc 1 scarlet spider (peter clone) met joker after getting sent to the dc universe and joker asked why spider-man changed his outfit from the last time they met confirming the batman spider-man one shot was events that took place in the main dc universe and it was the dc universe spider-man! That or the joker pulled a deadpool and broke the 4th wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Speaking of those--

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/13/dc...e-summer-2024/

As for canon the old 70s and 80s stuff is not and part of the "crossoververse" universe.

Jla vs avengers is canon and galactus getting restored from those events were plot points in the marvel comics post and didn't the egg thing show up in a dc book after.

marvel vs dc is also canon as access showed up in gl and superman fantastic four talks about him. Note in the access mini series access wiped the memories of everyone in both universes but him, watcher from marvel and x-men jubillee who had a dairy of the whole thing. This is why they didn't know each other in jla vs avengers!

Access was said to have had a cameo in jla vs avengers (many think froze or trapped by gamemaster) but the cameo was cut. Marvel handbooks talked about both events as well.

Deaths cameo in the 90s ricks wedding issue of hulk is canon also to marvel as dc gave ok to use her in the issue! It is an approved by dc cameo!

[IMG][/IMG]

The barry in quasar is canon to marvel and could be fine at dc as he is gone after that story and could have just gone back to the dc universe after the story. Mantis / willow thing is canon at marvel also.

Marvel handbooks list hawkeye as a member of the justice league from jla vs avengers.
    Does the brush represent something?
    Assassinate Putin!

Does the brush represent something?
    A brush.
    With Death.

Now say it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A brush.
    With Death.

Now say it together.