Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Super special psychic brain stuff sounds incredibly stupid and Sam is far from a Newby and would have described it better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Super special psychic brain stuff sounds incredibly stupid and Sam is far from a Newby and would have described it better.
    Prodigy's powers will bluntly be called Cypher-lite. While not having to describe it in a rule of cool way.

You're committed to disliking Foxe's work so you'll find something to complain about with every preview and issue for the next 4 months.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

On a lighter note, here's an excerpt from one of Foxe's recent interviews (thanks for transcribing, Luckystar.)

"This [Dead X-Men] is pretty tightly interwoven with Rise of the Powers of X to the point where you will see exact scenes reflected in both, working so closely with Kieran throughout this has been really amazing. He’s a creator I look up to so much. So, it’s been very surreal these last couple months to be working so closely with him to determine how this is going to fit into Rise of the Powers of X. And he’s been so generous in reflecting plotlines and building things back and forth. I mean, even Rachel’s role in his book ended up changing when I had strong feelings about how I wanted to deploy her here. And as much as every other time I say, you don’t have to read the larger event, you can just read this. You should probably be reading both. These are some big concepts. What I can promise is that you’re going to get very character-focused work in Dead X Men. It’s really about celebrating these five and Rachel. Rachel to a lesser extent because she didn’t get squished by Nimrod. It’s about celebrating these five. It’s about celebrating the Krakoan era and looking back on it."

The bold is what I'm most excited about, seeing these five and Rachel having the spotlight on them in a series that is directly connected with one of the major titles closing out the era. They deserve it and I'm over the moon excited.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    On a lighter note, here's an excerpt from one of Foxe's recent interviews (thanks for transcribing, Luckystar.)

"This [Dead X-Men] is pretty tightly interwoven with Rise of the Powers of X to the point where you will see exact scenes reflected in both, working so closely with Kieran throughout this has been really amazing. He’s a creator I look up to so much. So, it’s been very surreal these last couple months to be working so closely with him to determine how this is going to fit into Rise of the Powers of X. And he’s been so generous in reflecting plotlines and building things back and forth. I mean, even Rachel’s role in his book ended up changing when I had strong feelings about how I wanted to deploy her here. And as much as every other time I say, you don’t have to read the larger event, you can just read this. You should probably be reading both. These are some big concepts. What I can promise is that you’re going to get very character-focused work in Dead X Men. It’s really about celebrating these five and Rachel. Rachel to a lesser extent because she didn’t get squished by Nimrod. It’s about celebrating these five. It’s about celebrating the Krakoan era and looking back on it."

The bold is what I'm most excited about, seeing these five and Rachel having the spotlight on them in a series that is directly connected with one of the major titles closing out the era. They deserve it and I'm over the moon excited.

Perfectly said!

This line is fine. Very direct and giving attitude to Academy students per usual. How does this make him a newb

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This line is fine. Very direct and giving attitude to Academy students per usual. How does this make him a newb
    Because to me Sam as a vet would have come up with something better than that and Sam has always been a pretty straightforward guy, the attitude fits Jubilee more.

All-New Member

Wait, since when David can sense people's memories? I thought his telepathy was limited to knowledge and skills.

Pretty sure in the Academy run he said something similar about the senior X-men and I feel like maybe Colossus. But im blanking on which others he mentioned.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1 View Post
    Wait, since when David can sense people's memories? I thought his telepathy was limited to knowledge and skills.
    I don't think he was alluding to memories. I think he was just stating that he didn't pick up any knowledge or skills on arrival like he normally would have in a new universe. Then it's clearly stated that Illyana killed every living being on that Earth. That's how I interpreted it.

Edit: He says he feels Magik's memory about killing Illyana and the fact that she razed the planet. He was able to get the knowledge from the memory but not the memory itself.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 01-25-2024 at 10:21 PM.

It's funny because the preview show a mostly action-oriented book.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Because to me Sam as a vet would have come up with something better than that and Sam has always been a pretty straightforward guy, the attitude fits Jubilee more.
    But it's also kinda that fun-lovin' Kentucky guy speak to people he knows on a mission. Sam would totally say this. You just don't like Foxe leaning into it, which is your opinion, and anyone who is a vet could say something similar. Like Logan, Berto, Alison, Sage, or even Jubilee. But honestly saying that because Sam is a "vet" and would have come up with something better makes it off and in the same breathe push this "newby" language on Jubilee who has just as much experience as Sam feels a little gross.

1. Variant cover for X-men 30 or 31 with trading card confirms that dead X-men team was resurrected by the five in white hot room

2. Rachel seems to not be in white hot room and that’s why in textless preview we see only her as a flame.

3. I’m curious how Rachel is able to send them to different timelines from Moira’s lives. I thought Moira’s death = death of timeline. Wonder what they’re trying to find in Moira’s previous lives.

4. In captain Britain book Askni talks about secure timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    1. Variant cover for X-men 30 or 31 with trading card confirms that dead X-men team was resurrected by the five in white hot room

2. Rachel seems to not be in white hot room and that’s why in textless preview we see only her as a flame.

3. I’m curious how Rachel is able to send them to different timelines from Moira’s lives. I thought Moira’s death = death of timeline. Wonder what they’re trying to find in Moira’s previous lives.

4. In captain Britain book Askni talks about secure timeline
    Oh interesting. I wondered what was written on the back of the Dead X-Men "trading card", is that what it says?

Yeah found it on Twitter
    IMG_6484.jpg