Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! That variant has been on shelves since last week so it's like finding a clue to a mystery. lol

One of the aspects I'm most interested in learning about is what's going on in the WHR now that Mother Righteous (or the version of her that was there) was taken off the board. If Rachel can move the team in and out of the WHR, theoretically she could move all the mutants there back to 616 earth I assume. Of course 616 earth is a dangerous place for mutants now so perhaps they've decided to stay put for now? I'm looking forward to finding out.
    Last edited by JB; 01-26-2024 at 04:22 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I've been eagerly awaiting this title's release and the preview does not disappoint.

Foxe wastes no time with the dialogue giving personality, temperament and even skill sets.

Frenzy speaks first -- lands first. The artists' use of shadow to emphasize her musculature and we immediately know she has strength. Both her landing position and her stature within the team suggest authority. She's tough.
    Prodigy's next. He's brainy. For the casual or unfamiliar reader, his dialogue quickly suggests he has some talent or skill to detect others in some capacity. If I weren't already a Prodigy fan, I'd be curious to know what and how this gift extends.
    And then we have Salt of the Earth, Speaks plainly, Kentucky Fried Guthrie followed immediately by Cuts-the-tension-with-snark Jubilation Lee, quipping about a yet-to-be-explained trauma experienced earlier suggesting these missions are fraught and on going.
    Frenzy, again, commands the room and we get an understanding that we're traversing timelines -- the value for which is dependent on Moira's presence --however expediency between jaunts may impact success ratio, or at minimum exhaust this group from regularly engaging with hostile environments.

THRILLING STUFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've been eagerly awaiting this title's release and the preview does not disappoint.

Foxe wastes no time with the dialogue giving personality, temperament and even skill sets.

Frenzy speaks first -- lands first. The artists' use of shadow to emphasize her musculature and we immediately know she has strength. Both her landing position and her stature within the team suggest authority. She's tough.
    Prodigy's next. He's brainy. For the casual or unfamiliar reader, his dialogue quickly suggests he has some talent or skill to detect others in some capacity. If I weren't already a Prodigy fan, I'd be curious to know what and how this gift extends.
    And then we have Salt of the Earth, Speaks plainly, Kentucky Fried Guthrie followed immediately by Cuts-the-tension-with-snark Jubilation Lee, quipping about a yet-to-be-explained trauma experienced earlier suggesting these missions are fraught and on going.
    Frenzy, again, commands the room and we get an understanding that we're traversing timelines -- the value for which is dependent on Moira's presence --however expediency between jaunts may impact success ratio, or at minimum exhaust this group from regularly engaging with hostile environments.

THRILLING STUFF.
    Excellent analysis of the preview. The stage is being set nicely.

I'm eagerly awaiting to read the full issue.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This looks really, really good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Yeah found it on Twitter
    Attachment 137297
    Seems the variant issue gives it away and I have yet to get my copy of one at the shop.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Yeah found it on Twitter
    Attachment 137297
    Well it's good to know they're not actually dead, so thanks for clearing that up!

Spectacular Member

Even if this is a Fall and Rise mini, it's still Everett's full roster X-men team. I'll give Frenzy or Cannonball some stack leading it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So they're based out of the White Hot Room?! Moving through the different Moira engine clone timelines?! This is so cool!

This is the title I've been looking forward to most and the preview already has me by the collar. Yes!
    This is what happens when you mess with the M'kraan Crystal

Chris Hassan:

Steve Foxe is the perfect writer for 'Dead X-Men' #1, a debut issue that celebrates not just the Krakoan era but all of #XMen history. X-Fans who know their X-lore will have a blast.

Look for the #DeadXMen #XMenMonday call for questions this Wednesday!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This week is the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This week is the week!
    I'm so excited for this book! I love all the characters and I'm very happy that they get to star in a book closely connected to one of the flagship closing titles of the era. Foxe has been knocking it out of the park for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how he pulls from X-lore. He said this is his most ambitious project at Marvel. Bring it on!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm so excited for this book! I love all the characters and I'm very happy that they get to star in a book closely connected to one of the flagship closing titles of the era. Foxe has been knocking it out of the park for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how he pulls from X-lore. He said this is his most ambitious project at Marvel. Bring it on!
    As you have already posted 15 times in this tread, that to=tally does not surprise me :-)
    Me too, very much looking forward to it. Lets hope they live up to it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    As you have already posted 15 times in this tread, that to=tally does not surprise me :-)
    Me too, very much looking forward to it. Lets hope they live up to it.
    Thank you for reading. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This week is the week!
    I'm definitely looking forward to this as I love all of the characters involved in this mini.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't remember the time I was this excited for a comic to come out.