Extraordinary Member

Default Friends - How bad did the flashback episodes screw the history?

Almost every time Friends did a flashback episode, they re-wrote existing history. When did Rachel and Chandler actually meet? Did Ross always have feelings for Rachel or did he secretly despise her? When exactly did Monica become attracted to Chandler?

It just kept getting worse and worse.

I get what you’re saying, the flashbacks were always inconsistent, but I don’t think they screwed the show in any significant way.

The show was always terrible the flashbacks didn't have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Almost every time Friends did a flashback episode, they re-wrote existing history. When did Rachel and Chandler actually meet? Did Ross always have feelings for Rachel or did he secretly despise her? When exactly did Monica become attracted to Chandler?

It just kept getting worse and worse.
    None of their retcons were really that important to me, especially for a sitcom. Btw, Ross despising Rachel didn't really go against anything - he clearly lusted after her and expressed his frustration with hostility like some incel.

Incredible Member

Or Monica had just a crush on Chandler as a teenanger, got over it, years later they become friends with benefits and finally she fell in love with him, all in a period of over 15 years