Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is the overall big bad of the Krakoan Era?

Is it Mr. Sinister with his many clones and ever increasing importance since Judgment Day? Is it Orchis which is responsible for the current Fall of X? Or is it the Quiet Council as a whole with its many f*** ups including not dealing with the Orchis threat until it's too late, giving Beast carte blanche to do whatever he wants, giving such trustworthy individuals like Sinister, Mystique, Destiny and Shaw governmental power to undermine the foundations of the country etc? Or maybe it's Moira who was turned into a literal plot device to set up the era and later comically turned into a genocidal bot and from the looks of it she will play an important role in Krakoa's demise.

ORCHIS, Moira, Sinister.

I'd say it's too early to say who the biggest, most important threat is. But going for the most influential? I think it's Mister Sinsiter.

He was the only one who was consistently built up. He was the only one who was always involved in the game. He was the only one who felt like a constant threat, even when he was on the side of good. Even as far back as HoX/PoX, we knew he'd be trouble. He was the sword of Damocles over our heads. But we saw his struggles, his perspective, how his plans were being built up. He was fleshed out and had an impact on the people around him. People complain about him being overexposed, and I think that's valid. But all the attention he got made him feel like a visible, meaningful threat.

I don't get that from Orchis. Orchis had a few moments to flesh them out (particularly pre-Inferno), but they barely did anything. They just worked in the background and only reacted to people attacking them. We only got the barest scraps of their goals, we barely got anything about their leadership, there were almost no meaningful connections between them and the main characters, and most of their impact has been quarantined to Fall of X.

Moira honestly sucks as a villain. Horrible idea and execution aside, she barely does anything. Like I barely remember anything she was directly responsible for. Like her stand-out moments was her failed plan in War College, that time she skinned Banshee off-screen, or when she wore MJ as a skin suit to... bully her son and make him feel sort of bad for a bit? We'll see how she does later on, but anything she does will be last-minute and not really encapsulate the whole of the Krakoa era.

I don't consider the QC Council a whole to be villains. Yeah, they were incompetent at times. There were cracks in the foundation that they failed to address. But overall, they did the best they could, and outside forces were largely responsible for Krakoa's downfall. Aside from stupidly harassing Moira and leading her into Robot Land, letting in Mystique and Destiny wasn't all that detrimental; and Destiny helped end SoS. Shaw's villainy was largely reserved to off-screen stuff, done after the fact, or just him stirring up drama in Marauders vol 1.

Like overall, Orchis probably the most responsible for Krakoa's fall. But Sinister was much more important to the overall era and played a bigger role.

Enigma's a lot cooler than Orchis and Moira. I'll be very happy with it being the final threat. But that's because the lore and Sins of Sinister built up Dominions as a threat. Much of what makes it scary and intimidating comes from Sinsiter's efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    ORCHIS, Moira, Sinister.
    It's a Triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'd say it's too early to say who the biggest, most important threat is. But going for the most influential? I think it's Mister Sinsiter.

He was the only one who was consistently built up. He was the only one who was always involved in the game. He was the only one who felt like a constant threat, even when he was on the side of good. Even as far back as HoX/PoX, we knew he'd be trouble. He was the sword of Damocles over our heads. But we saw his struggles, his perspective, how his plans were being built up. He was fleshed out and had an impact on the people around him. People complain about him being overexposed, and I think that's valid. But all the attention he got made him feel like a visible, meaningful threat.

I don't get that from Orchis. Orchis had a few moments to flesh them out (particularly pre-Inferno), but they barely did anything. They just worked in the background and only reacted to people attacking them. We only got the barest scraps of their goals, we barely got anything about their leadership, there were almost no meaningful connections between them and the main characters, and most of their impact has been quarantined to Fall of X.

Moira honestly sucks as a villain. Horrible idea and execution aside, she barely does anything. Like I barely remember anything she was directly responsible for. Like her stand-out moments was her failed plan in War College, that time she skinned Banshee off-screen, or when she wore MJ as a skin suit to... bully her son and make him feel sort of bad for a bit? We'll see how she does later on, but anything she does will be last-minute and not really encapsulate the whole of the Krakoa era.

I don't consider the QC Council a whole to be villains. Yeah, they were incompetent at times. There were cracks in the foundation that they failed to address. But overall, they did the best they could, and outside forces were largely responsible for Krakoa's downfall. Aside from stupidly harassing Moira and leading her into Robot Land, letting in Mystique and Destiny wasn't all that detrimental; and Destiny helped end SoS. Shaw's villainy was largely reserved to off-screen stuff, done after the fact, or just him stirring up drama in Marauders vol 1.

Like overall, Orchis probably the most responsible for Krakoa's fall. But Sinister was much more important to the overall era and played a bigger role.

Enigma's a lot cooler than Orchis and Moira. I'll be very happy with it being the final threat. But that's because the lore and Sins of Sinister built up Dominions as a threat. Much of what makes it scary and intimidating comes from Sinsiter's efforts.
    I agree with Sinister/Essex/Enigma. So much of what has happened was in preparation for dealing with the Dominion and Enigma is like a super-skrull version of one.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Sinister Corps.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Orchis: Moira, Omega Sentinel, Nimrod

Nathanial Essex/Dominion: Sinister, Stasis, Orbis, Mother Righteous
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The way it's written most of the time, everybody. It's one of the main things I hate about this era. The line between good and bad mutants is so blurred it's hard to make anything out. Sometimes. When the whole idea of all mutants are welcome was first brought I had a bad feeling. Unfortunately I was right.

The people who didn't let Hickman finish the story he wanted to(editors and other writers I guess).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At first I thought it was Orchis but I would say it's absolutely the Sinisters and their attempts to undermine Krakoa's stability and development in order achieve Dominion. They've been causing the most disruption. Orchis was just waiting in the wings to take full advantage of Krakoa and the QC's weakness as a result of the many distractions and wreak their own havok.

And now the mutants are facing both in the end game.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-26-2024 at 11:08 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The people who didn't let Hickman finish the story he wanted to(editors and other writers I guess).
    This is the most accurate answer by far!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know it's not the ending Hickman had planned but I wonder if his would have been as haphazard and miserable (both in stories and execution)...probably, probably not. This end game just seems like pure overkill for overkill's sake.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Orchis, Moiria, Members of the Quiet Council, Sinister, Genesis, Enigma.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, forgot about that one. Though some writers, particularly Ewing and Gillen, made good use of the borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah, forgot about that one. Though some writers, particularly Ewing ...., made good use of the borrowed time.
    The greatest villainy was not having Lord Ewing take over the entire line in Hickman's absence. But I will allow it because he killed it on the periphery with Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, and the Arakki.

Long live Lord Ewing!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!