Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think there were too many cooks in the kitchen that's probably of one the reasons why Hickman bounced. I'm glad Lord Ewing didn't take his place (If he was even offered) because for sure there would have been editorial interference and too many X-Office worst cooks adding stupid ingredients making a complete mess of his meals.

Lord Iron-Chef Ewing cooked and served those SWORD, XMR, and now RoM courses to delectable perfection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think you'd have to say it's Sinister. He's been the most visible and had the most development of any villain throughout the entire era.

Nimrod and Orchis have been in the peripheral and superfluous throughout the Krakoan era for far too long, and trying to big them up and develop them at the very end didn't work and has been very ineffective imo. And Moira? Too cartoonish, inconsistent, and downright messy to be credible.

As annoying and played out as Sinister has been, you can at least tell he wasn't an afterthought. Sins of Sinister should have been the culmination of his arc and machinations, but making him the Dominion just confirmed that he's the big bad of the era, despite what Hickman's initial plans might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The greatest villainy was not having Lord Ewing take over the entire line in Hickman's absence. But I will allow it because he killed it on the periphery with Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, and the Arakki.

Long live Lord Ewing!
    I don't know if Ewing ever made a statement saying the opposite but he strikes me as someone who just wants to write books and not deal with editorial stuff. His SWORD run had to tie in to King in Black, Hellfire Gala and The Last Annihilation which I think must be frustrating, he was also writing GotG so TLA was a crossover of his own books but still. He somehow made it work but even in Red he was negatively affected by editorial. I think Genesis War was good but not great and that's because I feel like he had to rush it to be in synch with the rest of the line. It's also why I don't consider Genesis a standout baddie since Ewing didn't have much time to properly flesh her out other than being Apocalypse 2.0. Instead we get a war grand in scale but it resolved too quickly. Ewing clearly needs to time to properly write his stories. He already churns out silver in limited time but it can be gold if editorial just let's him write in his own pace. Overall I think Abigail Brand was a better villain in SWORD than Genesis was in Red.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Orchis: Moira, Omega Sentinel, Nimrod

Nathanial Essex/Dominion: Sinister, Stasis, Orbis, Mother Righteous
    Let's exclude Orbis Sterralis, as we barely saw him being any serious threat.

I think we should include Feilong though, he made the Stark Sentinels and took the moon next to Mars
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-26-2024 at 01:47 PM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Let's exclude Orbis Sterralis, as we barely saw him being any serious threat.

I think we should include Feilong though, he made the Stark Sentinels and took the moon next to Mars
    True. Feilong should have been included in Orchis.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Big Twist : it turns out in the end the big bad of the Krakoa era was Bill the lobster all along !
    Hence the reason why Mark Brooks put him/it on the first promotional image for 2019's Hox/Pox.

21c81b7d815de42864eb3dbc379804b6.jpg

And only Eddy Brock/Venom the King in Black is powerful enough to defeat him.

venom-lobster-scene.jpg
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 01-26-2024 at 02:44 PM.

That’s right. Orchis, Moira, and Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Big Twist : it turns out in the end the big bad of the Krakoa era was Bill the lobster all along !
    Hence the reason why Mark Brooks put him/it on the first promotional image for 2019's Hox/Pox.

21c81b7d815de42864eb3dbc379804b6.jpg

And only Eddy Brock/Venom the King in Black is powerful enough to defeat him.

venom-lobster-scene.jpg
    I told y'all!

But yeah the more I think about it the more strongly I choose Sinister/Essex. The coming online of Enigma finally activated Charles and he's swinging for the fences, willing to do whatever it takes including possibly ending Krakoa the nation before it ever came to be. As much as I'm looking forward to the X-Men thrashing Orchis, everything Xavier and Enigma has my full attention.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

greatest villain? Duggan. his cartoonishly evil Orchis indicates he's the mastermind himself and his inability to write a team? more dastardly acts.

Mutants. Humans. Robots. AIs.

It’s the “Trickster Dominion”, who sent Omega Sentinal back in time to prevent Krakoa’s ascendency.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s the “Trickster Dominion”, who sent Omega Sentinal back in time to prevent Krakoa’s ascendency.
    I just wish we had a mini that explored this more

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't know if Ewing ever made a statement saying the opposite but he strikes me as someone who just wants to write books and not deal with editorial stuff. His SWORD run had to tie in to King in Black, Hellfire Gala and The Last Annihilation which I think must be frustrating, he was also writing GotG so TLA was a crossover of his own books but still. He somehow made it work but even in Red he was negatively affected by editorial. I think Genesis War was good but not great and that's because I feel like he had to rush it to be in synch with the rest of the line. It's also why I don't consider Genesis a standout baddie since Ewing didn't have much time to properly flesh her out other than being Apocalypse 2.0. Instead we get a war grand in scale but it resolved too quickly. Ewing clearly needs to time to properly write his stories. He already churns out silver in limited time but it can be gold if editorial just let's him write in his own pace. Overall I think Abigail Brand was a better villain in SWORD than Genesis was in Red.
    I agree that the last six issues of Red felt very rushed, like he would have preferred to go further, but the whole line was wrapping up and he still wanted to bring back Magneto before he left, so he rushed the war to a conclusion and they rebranded the resurrection story as an independent mini series. Still, even rushed he had some great moments in the conclusion of Red. Long live Lord Ewing!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Mutants. Humans. Robots. AIs.
    As somebody smarter and wiser than me once put it, "We have met the enemy, and it is us."

That's what I think the ultimate Big Bad of The Krakoan Age is. "Us." All of us. Human, mutant, and A.I. alike. Anyone that lets fear and hate --- as well as greed and lust for power and domination over others --- do their thinking for them. The real downfall of Krakoa, in the end, was that despite their claims of transcending and learning from humanity's flaws, being just as human themselves, superpower-manifesting genetic quirk aside, mutants were just as prone to those same flaws.
    The spider is always on the hunt.