Extraordinary Member

Default A PRedator in the Trojan War

A Predator, specifically the one from the film Prey, decides to enter a war zone in order to find worthy prey.

The War i nquestion is the Trojan War, as depicted in the film Troy.

All of the named combatants are alive as of the time the Predator arrives.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the only ones i could see being a problem for the pred is ajax, hector and especially Achilles.

This one depends on how much the Predator is holding back really.

Don't remember if it happened in Prey but most Predators will give you a chance only if they have a decent advantage. If the Predator loses in some sort of H2H bout with Achilles he will drop back and use his weapons and that's probably over
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    This one depends on how much the Predator is holding back really.

Don't remember if it happened in Prey but most Predators will give you a chance only if they have a decent advantage. If the Predator loses in some sort of H2H bout with Achilles he will drop back and use his weapons and that's probably over
    he doesn't want to shoot a fair one with achilles. dude is superhuman and could merc him if he takes him likely. best bet is just snipe him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he doesn't want to shoot a fair one with achilles. dude is superhuman and could merc him if he takes him likely. best bet is just snipe him.
    Ya, but even if he starts losing I think the Pred can just get away and do that in the worst case. I guess the thing with the Predator movies is he'll always give you a little chance, but if you can't play his game eventually (some sort of stalking game where you get past his invisiblity and plasma cannon and gadget stuff) you will lose.

Achilles can fight him in a straight combat, but he needs trickery/cunning/smarts to take him in the running battle that happens after the predator realizes its a bad idea and runs, and I don't know if he can do that. Maybe he or folks around him have some sort of thing like that since I haven't seen the movie but idk
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I would give original Odysseus good odds on beating the Predator if he figured out the Pred's game/abilities somewhat, but he's not here for this and Achilles isn't exactly 'cunning'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    IAchilles isn't exactly 'cunning'.
    Yeah, he's basically the inspiration for berzerker rage characters like Wolverine and Hulk.

The Predator in Prey won a hand to hand fight with a grizzly bear and lifted it above its head like it was nothing, it’s super human too. Also pretty much all its equipment cut through steel without much effort, so the bronze equipment of the period will be more or less useless against it

/snip
    Yeah it's impressive but I still think one hit killing 800+ lbs of Grizzly Bear is a higher end strength feat

Tbh cutting through a bronze statue feels beyond both the spear feat and that predator feat for me. Neither of them really want to get hit by each other but of the two achilles seems more skillful at least
    Last edited by Postmania; 02-02-2024 at 12:55 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie