Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While someone would actually have to spoil most of the film The Proposition to lay out exactly why it is as profound as it winds up being?

Arthur saying "So, Tell Me Charlie... What Are You Going To Do Now?..." is rather profound.
    That puts me in mind of The Candidate, which ends with Robert Redford asking Peter Boyle "What do we do now?" Probably too context heavy to be profound on its own, but a great ending

“Danger Doesn't Always Come From the Enemy”

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

"It doesn't matter." - Crisis on Two Earths.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

"It doesn't matter." - Crisis on Two Earths.
    If all possibilities are reality somewhere . . . then no, it doesn't matter at all. Or maybe it all does, and Owlman was just looking for an excuse to be a nihilistic jack@$$. Still, that was pretty profound.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"No matter where you go... there you are."

-- Buckaroo Banzai from "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"

"No Matter How Many Weapons You Have, No Matter How Great Your Technology Might Be, The World Cannot Live Without Love."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

"I'm not afraid of death. I just don't want to be there when it happens." — The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

"A guy told me one time, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'" — Heat (1995)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2024 at 08:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

“A Million Dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A Billion Dollars.”

Astonishing Member

Yippee Ki Yay, mf!

Use the force, Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Chinatown. John Huston's Noah Cross points out that most people never have to learn what they might be capable of doing.
    Nazis! I hate those guys!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It's recent, but the end of Oppenheimer works.
    "But, you know, sir, since nobody knows what they said to each other that day, is it possible they didn’t talk about you at all? Is it possible they spoke about something more important."

And then of course there's the final line.

It gets to how small-minded some people can be in the face of what is truly important.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm pretty sure I've used this before on here.

I always liked this line from Harvey.

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

"The big W."
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Solving the following riddle will reveal the awful secret behind the universe, assuming you do not go utterly mad in the attempt.

Say you have an ax - just a cheap one from Home Depot.

On one bitter winter day, you use said ax to behead a man. Don't worry, the man's already dead. Maybe you should worry, 'cause you're the one who shot him. He'd been a big twitchy guy with veined skin stretched over swollen biceps, tattoo of a swastika on his tongue. And you're chopping off his head because even with eight bullets in him, you're pretty sure he's about to spring back to his feet and eat the look of terror right off your face.

You now have a broken axe. So, you now go to the hardware store explaining away the dark reddish stains on the handle as barbecue sauce.
    The repaired Axe sits undisturbed in your house until the next spring when one rainy morning ... so you grab your trust axe and chop him into several pieces. From the last blow however ... of course the chipped head means yet another trip to the hardware store.

As soon as you get home with your newly headed axe though you meet the reanimated body of the guy you beheaded last year only he's got a new head stitched on with what looks like plastic weed trimmer line and wears that unique expression of you're the man who killed me last winter resentment that one so rarely encounters in everyday life. So you brandish your axe.

"That's the axe that slayed me."

Is he right?
    Last edited by Alan2099; 02-02-2024 at 11:13 AM.