Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm torn. Love that we have Dani, Trinary Wiz-Kid, Maddrox, The Proudstars...actively working against the Orchis threat. Hate that they're relegated to XMU.

Where were these muchly needed stories and characters six months ago? The Steves should have been given this mini (along with others like AF) and most of what was actually published and sold should have been relegated to the Unlimited line.

Love that Selene is 1000% evil again. Hate that she's 1000% evil again.
    I really can't see this ending well for her (and it shouldn't, because children) but still...If this sets up the Externals as the new Era's Big Bad...I'll be ecstatic!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm interested to see how Shaw and Selene tie back into Orchis.

I wish Marvel explored these locations and characters when it wasn't rushed at the "end of the era".

It's frustrating that so many known mutants didn't go through the gates and are suddenly shown not on Krakoa when the implication is everyone has been on Krakoa.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Not every mutant was on Krakoa. Xavier's mental "push" at the Gala, which was held at Mykines Island, forcing mutants through all the gateways, was global.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-29-2024 at 11:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Also not everyone was near a gate.

Yes but its loses the affect when its just a bunch of unknowns. And again we rarely saw mutants actually living outside the island. It works, it just feels sloppy.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I like the whole idea of mutants being scattered and Dani's network trying to find them. It makes it so that we don't know who will show up next, who will be found, who else might already be part of the network, etc.

The setup is so good. Positioning Selene and the Externals as the foes works so well. Who knows how many zombie Orchis soldiers she has out there. It's fun!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yupp.
    I could easily see her using her Zombie army against Orchis. As a sort of double cross.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would not mind if X-Corps Island is here to stay.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So the guy keeping the island on fuel must be an energy converter.

Who’s on the run? Pyro, Pyro II, Hazard, Thunderbird (Sharaa), ..? Vulcan is on Mars, Bishop is with Cable. Dani said that lately he is a loner. Means that before he was a social person, liked to talk and be surrounded by people? Who could that be.

Great issue. This would have been awesome as a mini but I’m glad we’re getting this cast in any form. An X-Corps made up of Sunspot, Moonstar, Thunderbird, Betsy, Madrox, Layla, Shatterstar, and Trinary? Count me in. I love the idea of them acting as a network rather than a traditional team - it reminds me of Banshee’s X-Corps and the old Mutant Underground - but I do also hope we get to see them in battle together before this ends.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    I could easily see her using her Zombie army against Orchis. As a sort of double cross.
    That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    So the guy keeping the island on fuel must be an energy converter.

Who’s on the run? Pyro, Pyro II, Hazard, Thunderbird (Sharaa), ..? Vulcan is on Mars, Bishop is with Cable. Dani said that lately he is a loner. Means that before he was a social person, liked to talk and be surrounded by people? Who could that be.
    I'm starting to think it might be Sunspot. In the previous story he was holding on to a lot of guilt for not being present at the Gala to help. He may still be processing his experience in the Blood Dawn ritual and wants some privacy. Normally he'd be boasting about bringing X-Corps online so I see him as a possibility.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Great issue. This would have been awesome as a mini but I’m glad we’re getting this cast in any form. An X-Corps made up of Sunspot, Moonstar, Thunderbird, Betsy, Madrox, Layla, Shatterstar, and Trinary? Count me in. I love the idea of them acting as a network rather than a traditional team - it reminds me of Banshee’s X-Corps and the old Mutant Underground - but I do also hope we get to see them in battle together before this ends.
    Seeing as this is a Fall and Rise 20-parter and there will be ALOT of battle for this roster.

Another great chapter by the Steves. I still don't understand how this gets relegated to Unlimited yet stuff like Realm of X gets released as a mini. Oh well, I am glad to be getting it in any format anyways. Thunderbird continues to be a highlight, and his interactions with Dani and especially Shatterstar are great (great pairing). John continues to be the man out of time that brings an outsider's point of view to the whole Krakoa era, and I love that the Steves write him as antisocial as they come, but without falling into the more problematic writing that Wein did for him. He is Wolverine without the years in between that made him more of a team member (people forget or don't know that John had that personality first in X-Men).

I also prefer Shatterstar personality as written by the Steves over Peter David's version. The Shatterstar by way of Jack Harkness was too much of a departure for the character, whether the personality that he shows here seems more like a natural evolution for him.

Dani is truly is cyclops heir apparent

https://x.com/richieterrones/status/...KqTw6z-sgsrizw