Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Dani is truly is cyclops heir apparent

https://x.com/richieterrones/status/...KqTw6z-sgsrizw
    You know, I actually agree with that. At one point the heir apparent was Cannonball, but he lost a lot of steam in the last few years. Where Sunspot to me is the heir to Storm/Magneto, I can see Dani as Cyclops heir.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 01-30-2024 at 09:14 AM.

[wrong thread]
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Also, I think it actually makes sense for Selene and the Externals to be the villains in this. The Externals were pretty much betrayed by Apocalypse and used as fuel for his gates. From their perspective, they owe nothing to Krakoa and other mutants, and they making a power play in the current chaos makes perfect strategic sense. Heck, the Externals are actually much more interesting antagonists than Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That would be sweet.

I'm starting to think it might be Sunspot. In the previous story he was holding on to a lot of guilt for not being present at the Gala to help. He may still be processing his experience in the Blood Dawn ritual and wants some privacy. Normally he'd be boasting about bringing X-Corps online so I see him as a possibility.
    Ah yeah I thought the same thing about Sunspot.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure its Beto too. The only alternative I can think of would be Vulcan, who could have left Arakko after Genesis War same as Sunspot, and who might make sense to be reclusive at the moment as he deals with whatever Revelation did to him with that Obligation magic spell to get his cooperation. But odds are its Beto.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    You know, I actually agree with that. At one point the heir apparent was Cannonball, but lost a lot of steam in the last few years. Where Sunspot to me is the heir to Storm/Magneto, I can see Dani as Cyclops heir.

Remember cyclops was grooming the next leader of the x-men during the utopia era and the same things kinda happing now but it’s Dani in Scott’s place

Nick Roche:

"Doing some X-Manning"

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Again I ask...why was she (and others) completely wasted in that utterly irrelevant and forgettable Realm of X mini? When she and the others could have been doing exactly what they've been currently doing in XMU? Why?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I love Dani back in a leadership role. A role long overdue and more than justified. When the Krakoan era started, the focus shifted very much to Magik, and Dani was written very underwhelming for me. Still today, I see this image and wonder why she never was made an official X-Men leader.

Broken bones, no power, fights till the end

IMG_4825.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I love Dani back in a leadership role. A role long overdue and more than justified. When the Krakoan era started, the focus shifted very much to Magik, and Dani was written very underwhelming for me. Still today, I see this image and wonder why she never was made an official X-Men leader.

Broken bones, no power, fights till the end

IMG_4825.jpg
    Yeah. Long over due. I donno. Feel like I'm going to fall in love with her in this role only to watch them stuff her back into the background after this run is over. Guess I just gotta be more positive. And send the X-Office lots of fan mail. Anyone know the email for that? I never could find it when I googled it. I think it kept giving me MCU articles or something.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Yeah. Long over due. I donno. Feel like I'm going to fall in love with her in this role only to watch them stuff her back into the background after this run is over. Guess I just gotta be more positive. And send the X-Office lots of fan mail. Anyone know the email for that? I never could find it when I googled it. I think it kept giving me MCU articles or something.
    Here you go! officex@marvel.com
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Again I ask...why was she (and others) completely wasted in that utterly irrelevant and forgettable Realm of X mini? When she and the others could have been doing exactly what they've been currently doing in XMU? Why?
    Because they needed some other mutants to prop up the story for Magik and Dani being a strong leader worked for them (not for the readers or the book).

We should all send in emails saying we are liking this X-Corps and hopefully it continues into a main floppy on-going.

Ill send mine as well.

It would be such a great way to alternate between fan favorites in each generation.

Kind of like Orlando's rescue teams which I totally thought could have been a series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Here you go! officex@marvel.com
    Thanks! (t e n c h a r a c t e r s . )
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I can figure some reasons: Charles, Scott, Jean, Ororo, Kitty...

I wonder if the not digital-only comics will even acknowledge Dani's new role.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way