Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    Where is this from?

Ultimate Member

While I've been a huge fan of pure 'magician' characters like Dr. Fate, Arion of Atlantis, the Enchantress, White Witch, etc. I've also got a special love for magic-origin characters with more consistent power sets, like Nightshade or Vixen, Sargon the Sorcerer and Etrigan, Blue Devil or Deadman, Black Orchid or Witchfire. Someone who can't just waggle their fingers and do *anything,* but generally has a specific sort of 'super-power' that derives from a magical origin, without necessarily having sort of random and inconsistently-written 'spellcasting' as a power (which, all-too-often, seems to be able to do one thing casually under one writer, and not be able to do it again at all under others, so that it's kind of like reading about an entirely new character every time they appear).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I've been a huge fan of pure 'magician' characters like Dr. Fate, Arion of Atlantis, the Enchantress, White Witch, etc. I've also got a special love for magic-origin characters with more consistent power sets, like Nightshade or Vixen, Sargon the Sorcerer and Etrigan, Blue Devil or Deadman, Black Orchid or Witchfire. Someone who can't just waggle their fingers and do *anything,* but generally has a specific sort of 'super-power' that derives from a magical origin, without necessarily having sort of random and inconsistently-written 'spellcasting' as a power (which, all-too-often, seems to be able to do one thing casually under one writer, and not be able to do it again at all under others, so that it's kind of like reading about an entirely new character every time they appear).
    I'm the same way. As I got older, I preffered characters with a more defined skillset over a broad but vague one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where is this from?
    Underwold: Abyss - Hell's Sentinel.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 02-01-2024 at 09:37 AM.

Geoff Johns revealed that the "Trinity of Sin" version of the Question was apparently meant to be the Greek mythological figure Narcissus.

https://screenrant.com/geoff-johns-r...w-52-question/

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Geoff Johns revealed that the "Trinity of Sin" version of the Question was apparently meant to be the Greek mythological figure Narcissus.

https://screenrant.com/geoff-johns-r...w-52-question/
    Ohhh that was not my guess. I thought he was supposed to be Lucifer.

I kinda like it and wished it was better handled. Maybe Vic, Renee and Narcisssus could team up?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ohhh that was not my guess. I thought he was supposed to be Lucifer.

I kinda like it and wished it was better handled. Maybe Vic, Renee and Narcisssus could team up?
    Yeah, it's not a take I like for the main version of the character, but it'd be cool if they recycled the concept for something like Earth-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Yeah, it's not a take I like for the main version of the character, but it'd be cool if they recycled the concept for something like Earth-13.
    I don't mind Narcissus as a former Question that Vic uncovers. It's a legacy and a mystery for him to solve. Plus there's always the Mask clan from Lemire's run on Green Arrow that you could tie them together with.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2024 at 05:35 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike Huddleston cover to Tales of the Unexcepted #5.
    The backup feature with Dr. 13 was best part of the mini-series.

TalesUnexpected5.jpg

What did you think of the New 52's reinterpretation of Zauriel?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

At first glance a good look for Zauriel .... but hoodie and flaming sword that's Azrael.

It's a good design.

Did not even know he had a New 52 version.

But I think he should have a white face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I've been a huge fan of pure 'magician' characters like Dr. Fate, Arion of Atlantis, the Enchantress, White Witch, etc. I've also got a special love for magic-origin characters with more consistent power sets, like Nightshade or Vixen, Sargon the Sorcerer and Etrigan, Blue Devil or Deadman, Black Orchid or Witchfire.
    This is fairly common in a number of fantasy stories in Japanese media and even a number of western fantasy novels.

Shadowpact, Justice League Dark, Sentinels of Magic, Hellenders, Primal Force/Leymen and Creature Commandos.

Assuming these supernatural teams all existed at the same time, how would differentiate them in terms of focus and specialization?