Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also... Selene actually went and resurrected Blink WITHOUT any of that Krakoa nonsense.
    She didnt resurrect Blink as Blink was never dead, just trapped in another dimension due to having no experience with her powers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her role in the Kulan Gath 2-parter was minor but potent.
    I *loved* how she just sort of 'meh' ended that threat by disintegrating his magical necklace! The dude was able to reshape the world (and the people in it), and she's like, 'No to that. And stay dead!'

She's been suggested to sometimes hand off a sub-set of her 'vampirism' to others, but the motivation for that has always been a bit superficial to me. She doesn't need an 'heir,' since she never plans on dying! My notion is that she feeds by proxy whenever someone she's 'turned' feeds, taking a percentage of the life-energy they steal to sustain their own lives, so, as long as she has immortal 'spawn' out there, she's receiving a constant trickle of power, without necessarily having to feed *herself.* (The ultimate pyramid scheme. All the 'children' tithe some of their stolen life-force to the top!)

I would definitely like to see one or more of her 'children' show up at some point. She seems to have a preference for other mutants, based on her previous choices, so they'd likely have other mutant powers, in addition to her life-force draining ability (although likely not nearly as developed as her own!) and immortality (as long as they 'feed' regularly). Are these children loyal? Do they get stronger, or weaker, when she's 'dead?' (Cut off from the source of her power, or instead freed of the limitation to 'tithe' a portion of their feeding to her? It could go either way. If they lose their power, and thus, their immortality, when she's 'dead,' they'd be very strongly motivated to resurrect her! If they become more powerful when she's 'dead,' they'd be equally motivated to make her dead...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-31-2024 at 01:40 AM.

Happy New Year 2024 Selene!

I love Selene. She is sooo bad, she is good, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I *loved* how she just sort of 'meh' ended that threat by disintegrating his magical necklace! The dude was able to reshape the world (and the people in it), and she's like, 'No to that. And stay dead!'

She's been suggested to sometimes hand off a sub-set of her 'vampirism' to others, but the motivation for that has always been a bit superficial to me. She doesn't need an 'heir,' since she never plans on dying! My notion is that she feeds by proxy whenever someone she's 'turned' feeds, taking a percentage of the life-energy they steal to sustain their own lives, so, as long as she has immortal 'spawn' out there, she's receiving a constant trickle of power, without necessarily having to feed *herself.* (The ultimate pyramid scheme. All the 'children' tithe some of their stolen life-force to the top!)

I would definitely like to see one or more of her 'children' show up at some point. She seems to have a preference for other mutants, based on her previous choices, so they'd likely have other mutant powers, in addition to her life-force draining ability (although likely not nearly as developed as her own!) and immortality (as long as they 'feed' regularly). Are these children loyal? Do they get stronger, or weaker, when she's 'dead?' (Cut off from the source of her power, or instead freed of the limitation to 'tithe' a portion of their feeding to her? It could go either way. If they lose their power, and thus, their immortality, when she's 'dead,' they'd be very strongly motivated to resurrect her! If they become more powerful when she's 'dead,' they'd be equally motivated to make her dead...)
    One of Selene's biggest motivations aside from partying and feeding, is to find and create a immortal and loyal companion to spend the centuries with.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    One of Selene's biggest motivations aside from partying and feeding, is to find and create a immortal and loyal companion to spend the centuries with.
    I suspect that's an unfulfillable dream for her. She gets bored. Eternally loyal means eternally boring. But giving the immortal companion enough freedom to be something more than furniture that says, 'Yes, mistress' all the time leads to them inevitably not agreeing with every little thing you do, say or think in millenia of trying new atrocities to spice things up.

Selene's always going to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt resurrect Blink as Blink was never dead, just trapped in another dimension due to having no experience with her powers
    Enh.... trapped in a way that um.... yeah that was some extra-comic-book non-sense.