Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Luke Cage's untold exploits for when he was on the lam for "killing" Iron Fist. I also like to know what countries paid him well and how many languages he could speak? I remember in Wolverine & Iron Fist series he spoke Japanese but what other languages is he fluent in? What were the countries that paid him well for his services? Also, what his father's connection to the Master of The World?
    Ah, yes. Ostrander totally gave us a mysterious and very worldly Luke Cage on his 90's H4H series because of that, hinting that there were many more layers to Luke. Sadly, Bendis then came along with his man crush and his stereotypical angry black man of the hood version was what stuck around. A waste, IMHO.

Peace

Marvel was going to use circuit breaker in the 90s in a new series on a team of heroes who police robots and androids. Think men in black with robots. It didn't get made. Iron man, machine man and deathlock would have had roles on the team.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    and what happened to mattie franklin?
    Killed off in the Kraven revival storyline although she came back as a clone in Clone Conspiracy/Dead No More.

Although I kind of wonder if a version of her appearing in Across the Spider-Verse and Madame Web might trigger Marvel reviving her again.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did Kevin Smith ever finish his BLACK CAT: THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
    It stopped right down the middle, and the creative team finished it years later. The pause wasn't beneficial to the quality of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Daredevil/Bullseye story never made it past issue 1, and probabaly never will.
    Too bad. It had potential (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Killed off in the Kraven revival storyline although she came back as a clone in Clone Conspiracy/Dead No More.

Although I kind of wonder if a version of her appearing in Across the Spider-Verse and Madame Web might trigger Marvel reviving her again.
    Sounds interesting. If she does get revived, I'll be hoping for another interaction between Mattie & Alias: Jessica Jones (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I read a lot of her early appearances, and repurchased her whole series a couple years back, and while I didn't love the character at first, I've really warmed to the character over time and wish she'd make a full-fledged return. Although there's no way that Byrne meant to do so, looking back, I think that Mattie Franklin would make for a perfect trans superhero.

-Pav, who wonders if we'll ever see Shadrac again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He showed up in Champions a few years back.
    Thanks for the reminder there. Jim Zub's run, if I'm not mistaken, right after Mark Waid finished. Introduced Snowguard, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As for the 'Master of the World,' I'd totally love to see Marrina step away from being angry alien teen or ex-Queen of Atlantis (ha, I don't know if even *she* remembers that!) or whatever she is this week, and takes control of the remaining Plodex remnants in the world, and their technology, being more of a legitimate heir to their legacy than some caveman they modified ages ago. The idea of Marrina sitting north of Canada in the old Plodex base that the Master has used on occasion (although it's been blown up at least once... but mysteriously been restored?), and calling the remaining Plodex on Earth back to the base, to protect both humans from them, and them from humans...

Marrina, with a small army of aliens and a base that's nearly a mile across full of alien technology? With deeply uncertain motivations? There's some plot material! She doesn't have to be even remotely an antagonist for people all over the world to be 'concerned' about that potential threat!

Heck, has anyone really dove into the experiments on prisoners that gave Luke his diamond-hard skin? Imagine if he wasn't the only one, and prisoners in other facilities also were experimented on, but only Luke had experiments on his *skin.* Other sketchy researchers were working on other bodily systems, seeking to create the perfect living weapon. One guy's nervous system was replaced with an ionized silver-alloy crystalline superfluid. (I just made that **** up. I can Bendis as good as the next guy!) Another has 'weaponized blood,' whatever the hell that means. Pick a body part/system and make a fun villain! (Or, like Luke, maybe some schmoe who got incarcerated unjustly, or wasn't as bad a guy as the evil scientists backers wanted...)
    That idea with Marrina does sound intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Marvel was going to use circuit breaker in the 90s in a new series on a team of heroes who police robots and androids. Think men in black with robots. It didn't get made. Iron man, machine man and deathlock would have had roles on the team.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Would have liked to see that idea come into play with the "Robot Revolution" that was a major part of Dan Slott's Iron Man run.

Hmm, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Too bad. It had potential (IMHO):

Sounds interesting. If she does get revived, I'll be hoping for another interaction between Mattie & Alias: Jessica Jones (XD)

That would be interesting. I wonder if she was at Mattie's funeral after Grim Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I read a lot of her early appearances, and repurchased her whole series a couple years back, and while I didn't love the character at first, I've really warmed to the character over time and wish she'd make a full-fledged return. Although there's no way that Byrne meant to do so, looking back, I think that Mattie Franklin would make for a perfect trans superhero.

-Pav, who wonders if we'll ever see Shadrac again...
    Hmm . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As for the 'Master of the World,' I'd totally love to see Marrina step away from being angry alien teen or ex-Queen of Atlantis (ha, I don't know if even *she* remembers that!) or whatever she is this week, and takes control of the remaining Plodex remnants in the world, and their technology, being more of a legitimate heir to their legacy than some caveman they modified ages ago. The idea of Marrina sitting north of Canada in the old Plodex base that the Master has used on occasion (although it's been blown up at least once... but mysteriously been restored?), and calling the remaining Plodex on Earth back to the base, to protect both humans from them, and them from humans...

Marrina, with a small army of aliens and a base that's nearly a mile across full of alien technology? With deeply uncertain motivations? There's some plot material! She doesn't have to be even remotely an antagonist for people all over the world to be 'concerned' about that potential threat!

Heck, has anyone really dove into the experiments on prisoners that gave Luke his diamond-hard skin? Imagine if he wasn't the only one, and prisoners in other facilities also were experimented on, but only Luke had experiments on his *skin.* Other sketchy researchers were working on other bodily systems, seeking to create the perfect living weapon. One guy's nervous system was replaced with an ionized silver-alloy crystalline superfluid. (I just made that **** up. I can Bendis as good as the next guy!) Another has 'weaponized blood,' whatever the hell that means. Pick a body part/system and make a fun villain! (Or, like Luke, maybe some schmoe who got incarcerated unjustly, or wasn't as bad a guy as the evil scientists backers wanted...)
    That sounds like a great story idea with Marrina being a Queen or representative of sorts of the Plodex, although she was raised human I would like to see her get more in touch with that side of her. I also thought that Alpha Flight previously returned some of the Plodex back to their homeworld or somewhere, unless there some we don't know about on Earth.

The villain Warhawk was one of the test subjects for the process although he wasn't a prisoner. I do recall that Dr Burnstein mentioned that there were other subjects, but some didn't survive. Now what if there were some that have but faked their deaths for whatever reason? The original intent of the project was for cellular regeneration and to combat aging. What about a person who has power over cells? That's a deadly power right there.
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-20-2024 at 05:02 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Ah, yes. Ostrander totally gave us a mysterious and very worldly Luke Cage on his 90's H4H series because of that, hinting that there were many more layers to Luke. Sadly, Bendis then came along with his man crush and his stereotypical angry black man of the hood version was what stuck around. A waste, IMHO.

Peace

Yeah. I didn't like that Bendis basically regressed the character instead of building off of what came before. Be that as it may there's still room to bring those elements of Cage back to the forefront.
    Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-22-2024 at 04:44 AM.

The FF clones created by Aron the rogue Watcher.

Where are they??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume