Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Just what happened to Magda, Magneto’s wife?
    If the twins aren’t the children of Magda, why did Bova later tell everyone they were.
    Why would Bova lie?
    And this still means Bova was the last one to see Magda, then where is she?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The Mutant Wars. I was so stoked for this crossover but we got X-Tinction Agenda instead (which I actually liked). This reddit post has the info on the Mutant Wars xover that I copied and posted:
    Î remember the rumors of that cross-over. X-Tinction Agenda was not one of my favorites X-overs, so I would have liked to have seen that instead.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Ha, I remember that damned Elf!
    Other ppl do too, this is worth a look…:

As someone who just got into the Classic Defenders comics via the Omnibus's this guy is pretty recent in my memory. I was curious where they were going with this subplot. Looks like it was going nowhere. Very weird and random.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    As someone who just got into the Classic Defenders comics via the Omnibus's this guy is pretty recent in my memory. I was curious where they were going with this subplot. Looks like it was going nowhere. Very weird and random.
    ^^^Funny thing is, it going nowhere is probably why it’s still being talked about today!

Fantastic Member

Spider-Man: The Gilded Cage was a canceled mid-80s graphic novel that had Spider-Man get mowed down by a machine gun and be nursed back to health by Carla DelVeccio, a mob boss's wife, and eventually romance her. Jim Shooter approved the story but the artist team was delayed so much that by the time they got to work on it, the editor had changed to Tom DeFalco, who killed the story. What remains of the story can be found as a rough draft, a Cracked article with some pages colored in, and a summary with some black-and-white pencils.

I dunno if it'd have been good but it would certainly be interesting, and I wonder how much about the mythos would have changed if it were approved.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Fantastic Four vol 3 #2 had a plot where an assassin tried to take down Sue because only she could see him. I find the idea of an invisible foe in which only Sue could see pretty interesting, and he is just out there.

I'm really hoping to see him return... yet there's a lot from Lobdell's short (but actually decent) FF run that went nowhere.
    How could you see him return if only Sue could see him?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sequel to Avengers: The Crossing
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Sequel to Avengers: The Crossing
    images.jpeg

Yes, the Jim Cheung add before Heroes Reborn was green lit. I'd love to see it. And, on the plus side, Waid and Garney's great Captain America run wouldn't have been interrupted.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-02-2024 at 07:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Just what happened to Magda, Magneto’s wife?
    If the twins aren’t the children of Magda, why did Bova later tell everyone they were.
    Why would Bova lie?
    And this still means Bova was the last one to see Magda, then where is she?
    Bova's really, really (obsessively...) fascinated with the idea of being a mom.

Chthon's already proven able to twist reality to make a wannabe mom into a real mom.

And Chthon's already got history of whispering to New Men at Wundagore. Imagine if he answered Bova's wish, and made her pregnant with a little minotaur baby who contained the trace of his essence that Wanda has so far failed (in his eyes) to use to break him free from his long imprisonment?

Feels like this sort of thing has been set up for years, and not really gone anywhere. Every Chthon story seems to have to revolve around Wanda, and I don't think that's necessary (and too many Wanda stories, IMO, about Chthon messing with her in past decades).

Crystal was going to stay in the 80s ff. The inhumans annual that was oddly an evolutionary war and "secret wars 3" crossover at the same time was going to end with her staying with the ff but they forced her out of the book and they rewrote the ending. Reed and sue were forced out of the avengers after 6 or 7 issues the same way. The dream issues of ff were a response as was the fake ff clones as a way to complain "nothing can change and everything goes back to status." Kind of ironic as it still does with one more day and hero doom doing the same thing!

Of course the fall of the avengers was a result of "cap had to return, droid has to turn evil and monica has lose really badly and get kicked out" order that lead to a new avengers comic team.

Yikes.

Ironic it was the era I really started reading avengers with and fall of the avengers and west coast were my early avengers stories I read!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Î remember the rumors of that cross-over. X-Tinction Agenda was not one of my favorites X-overs, so I would have liked to have seen that instead.

Peace
    Mutant Wars with the Acolytes, Hellfire Club, and Clan Akkaba going at it would have been really interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Crystal was going to stay in the 80s ff. The inhumans annual that was oddly an evolutionary war and "secret wars 3" crossover at the same time was going to end with her staying with the ff but they forced her out of the book and they rewrote the ending. Reed and sue were forced out of the avengers after 6 or 7 issues the same way. The dream issues of ff were a response as was the fake ff clones as a way to complain "nothing can change and everything goes back to status." Kind of ironic as it still does with one more day and hero doom doing the same thing!

Of course the fall of the avengers was a result of "cap had to return, droid has to turn evil and monica has lose really badly and get kicked out" order that lead to a new avengers comic team.

Yikes.

Ironic it was the era I really started reading avengers with and fall of the avengers and west coast were my early avengers stories I read!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Speaking of clone Fantastic Fours.
    What ever happened to the Fantastic Four 2099?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Speaking of clone Fantastic Fours.
    What ever happened to the Fantastic Four 2099?
    I think that might have been resolved in 2099: Manifest Destiny, the one-shot that ended the original 2099 line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes. I was hyped for this one..

This looks badass!

Mighty Member

Eduardo risso could substitute for the proposed Miller Dr strange

KIrby cut versions of his quasimodo and Ff "him"(Adam warlock) stories. Also his post ragnarok ideas by Tom scioli

There was some plan in the eighties to make captain America a native American spirit or some such. Maybe a multiverse version of that...