Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    As for Thrashed being used. He has been used once in a blue moon. He has been in 3 issues of Matthew Rosenberg's Punisher in 2019 and one issue of his Hawkeye series in 2020, The Contest of Champions in 2016 by Al Ewing and the special one shot from a few years ago. He is barely ever used.
    If "the special one-shot from a few years ago" you're referring to is Marvel Comics #1000, then I agree.
    Definitely a nice showcase, with plenty of potential (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-03-2024 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If "the special one-shot from a few years ago" you're referring to is Marvel Comics #1000, then I agree.
    Definitely a nice showcase, with plenty of potential (IMHO):

Was the entire issue a Thrash story or just a small section of the book?

Extraordinary Member

Was the entire issue a Thrash story or just a small section of the book?
    Marvel #1000 was a bunch of short story check ins with a bunch of characters.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

Thrash by Philip Tan:

thrash by tan.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I also hope the new story taps into Dwayne's "Advanced DNA." Thrash should have some other biological benefits from this. Some new abilities or physical/mental enhancements. Look at Blade now have all the powers of a vampire. Thrash could use something added to his physical repertoire.
    ...why?

Dwayne is pretty much the only hand to hand bad ass normal out there, anymore. Shang has the rings...and I think that's it, lol.
    Damn. I still remember Thrash being so mentally tough, he could even resist the most powerful telepathic/mind-probe.
    But yeah, my preference will always be for Dwayne to stay a non-powered street-level combatant at all cost...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-04-2024 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

LOL at Emma having bad luck entering the minds of black men.

Ultimate Member

Eh, some people are left handed. In comics, some people are born with inborn mental defenses

Astonishing Member

As I recall those mental barriers were the result of Tai's tampering with Dwayne's memories of his parents' deaths (which was revealed several issues later). Not that Dwayne ISN'T a very strong willed individual....but that wasn't a display of Dwayne's will power; it was another one of Fabian Nicieza's little seeds in the ongoing mystery of Dwayne's past and Tai's secret agenda.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As I recall those mental barriers were the result of Tai's tampering with Dwayne's memories of his parents' deaths (which was revealed several issues later). Not that Dwayne ISN'T a very strong willed individual....but that wasn't a display of Dwayne's will power; it was another one of Fabian Nicieza's little seeds in the ongoing mystery of Dwayne's past and Tai's secret agenda.
    I wonder if Tai's tampering is the cause of Dwayne's "advanced DNA?" I cannot remember if that is the case or not.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Tai's tampering is the cause of Dwayne's "advanced DNA?" I cannot remember if that is the case or not.
    Nope.

It was never explicitly said that Tai was the reason why the White Queen couldn't get inside Dwayne's head, so a later writer had a villain who could read DNA remark that he had a gene for telepathic protection.

Other than that, he's baseline human.

Extraordinary Member

Nope.

It was never explicitly said that Tai was the reason why the White Queen couldn't get inside Dwayne's head, so a later writer had a villain who could read DNA remark that he had a gene for telepathic protection.

Other than that, he's baseline human.
    There was a comment by Xavier years ago. Some people are just naturally immune to telepathy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

Question for the fans: How good of a combatant/martial artist does everyone believe Thrash is? I would say he is better hand to hand than the Punisher. The punisher is excellent but not an elite level hand to hand (without weapons). Castle will often be taken down by the pure martial artist like DD. Both Thrash had Daredevil have defeated the Bengal. So is he at the level of Daredevil? A bit above or below DD? I am leaving off the enhanced fighters like Cap and Black Panther as their physical prowess puts them out of his range without the suit.

Ultimate Member

Question for the fans: How good of a combatant/martial artist does everyone believe Thrash is? I would say he is better hand to hand than the Punisher. The punisher is excellent but not an elite level hand to hand (without weapons). Castle will often be taken down by the pure martial artist like DD. Both Thrash had Daredevil have defeated the Bengal. So is he at the level of Daredevil? A bit above or below DD? I am leaving off the enhanced fighters like Cap and Black Panther as their physical prowess puts them out of his range without the suit.
    He's up there.

He tore Castle a new @$$-hole, and he had held off teams of superhumans who took him by surprise twice.

But more impressively, he has beaten Midnight Fire, who's mutant powers put him one level above Dwayne physically.

But Marvel's martial artist rankings are far less strict than DC's and he's hardly a first string character

Mighty Member

He's up there.

He tore Castle a new @$$-hole, and he had held off teams of superhumans who took him by surprise twice.

But more impressively, he has beaten Midnight Fire, who's mutant powers put him one level above Dwayne physically.

But Marvel's martial artist rankings are far less strict than DC's and he's hardly a first string character
    I read somewhere when they were describing Midnight Fire abilities that his physical prowess was just a step above Captain America. So he is a bit faster, stronger and quicker than Cap. Which makes you understand why Dwayne designed his suit to fight him.
    Last edited by taozen; 02-07-2024 at 03:11 PM.

Mighty Member

More Thrash art:

nt mvl.jpg