Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Thrash had some stones, I tell you!

Thrash wasn't afraid of anyone. Let alone the unstoppable juggernaut!

How old is the OG now? Must still be a teenager or very early 20s at most?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Thrash wasn't afraid of anyone. Let alone the unstoppable juggernaut!
    ...or even cosmic-level threats like Terrax
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ...or even cosmic-level threats like Terrax
    He's such a cool character!

Anyone read the latest issue of the limited series yet?

Mighty Member

I haven't picked up my copy yet but I do want to know if the second issue improves on the first.

I've just read it. Second issue does improve slightly and we get to see Thrash in action without embarrassing himself.

Some negatives:

Thrash still looks a lot older than he should be.
    Silhouette doesn't look like silhouette.
    Silhouette seems like she's getting used of her legs back? She's never been able to use just one crutch before. And I'm not sure why Thrash would at first refuse her help.
    Why is OG in a gang with children? They look 10 years old.

Ultimate Member

Still on the fence.

For me, personally, I need to know what the end is.

I do like that the writer is taking a defacto stance against gentrification. Feels very much like a New Warriors story.

I dislike the whole 'What have I done' bit at the end, though. Thrash kept the situation from escalating, and he wasn't the superhuman throwing cars around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Still on the fence.

For me, personally, I need to know what the end is.

I do like that the writer is taking a defacto stance against gentrification. Feels very much like a New Warriors story.

I dislike the whole 'What have I done' bit at the end, though. Thrash kept the situation from escalating, and he wasn't the superhuman throwing cars around.
    The ending was very "civil war" to me.

Ultimate Member

I've just read it. Second issue does improve slightly and we get to see Thrash in action without embarrassing himself.

Some negatives:

Silhouette seems like she's getting used of her legs back? She's never been able to use just one crutch before. And I'm not sure why Thrash would at first refuse her help.
    Remember while OG is a huge grown man inside he is still a kid.

He was a little kid that got a new body while still having the mindset of a kid.

So he has kids around him.

For all intent purposes OG should be at Trash's age when he started the New Warriors. Instead he's closer to Moon Girl and Rashun Lucas's age.

Mighty Member

Some negatives:

The good news, it seems, is that the story is improving as it get's along. Glad to have a series with Thrash but just wish the quality was a little better.

Read issue #2. Overall, I liked it. It hit a lot of the hero characteristics. It was good to see Dwayne picking himself up from defeat and trying to do better. There was a ton of relevance as well. Youths hitting stores, police vs. kids, the effects of gentrification, all of that was there. Liked how the issue ended, with Dwayne questioning himself.

The one thing that could have been better was the redesign of the Night Thrasher armor. For me, it was the batons on the arms. Seemed a little bulky to me. I was half expecting Dwayne to take them out and go full on escrima with them. Great electrical powers with them but they did seem to harken to a critique about Black heroes and electrical powers. I'm still cool with it, but I can see the critique.

Still in it with this series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Read issue #2. Overall, I liked it. It hit a lot of the hero characteristics. It was good to see Dwayne picking himself up from defeat and trying to do better. There was a ton of relevance as well. Youths hitting stores, police vs. kids, the effects of gentrification, all of that was there. Liked how the issue ended, with Dwayne questioning himself.

The one thing that could have been better was the redesign of the Night Thrasher armor. For me, it was the batons on the arms. Seemed a little bulky to me. I was half expecting Dwayne to take them out and go full on escrima with them. Great electrical powers with them but they did seem to harken to a critique about Black heroes and electrical powers. I'm still cool with it, but I can see the critique.

Still in it with this series.
    Your post sums up my opinion regarding this issue as well.

I'd only add that i found the the ending reminiscent of some of the Sam Wilson stories i've read / seen in recent years. It wasn't completely off putting but it did give me a feeling of "...oh this again."
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Forearm mounted batons/billy clubs and use as escrima aren't a particularly new feature for Thrash's gear. I think the electrical shock thing has a precedent as well, though I think it was more like a taser line back in the day. I suppose the execution this time could have been faulty to your point...

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-24-2024 at 08:27 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

It occurs to me, that we haven't seen Bandit yet.

Wonder if that will change. How many issues is this mini, again?

Fantastic Member

So O.G is Rage? I remember he was a very smart 13 year old in an adult's body in his origin story.