Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I know the upcoming series is just a limited series but who are some antagonist/ villains you want to see Dwayne long horns with. I would love to see him square off with:

Bullseye
    Kingpen
    Taskmaster
    Shen Kuei (The cat)- For a little espionage action.
    Crossbones
    Mister X

Definitely, my choice would be The Hellfire Club (XD)
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That works. Have him go against Donald Peirce. That would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    That works. Have him go against Donald Peirce. That would be interesting.
    Yes!!! That would be amazing. And Pierce is a high profile villain which is needed, rather than a run of the mill street gang level villain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    IIRC, he's a member of the Hellfire Club. I'd like to see them tangle up with Dwayne again.

Mighty Member

Question: Its been a while since I've read any other New Warriors books besides the original series. Has Dwayne solved his intense anger problems from the original series or is that still an issue? He seemed to be written as more the ice cold calculating character more recently.

Ultimate Member

Whelp...I guessed right.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/09/ma...ht-thrasher-1/

Chord is no more.

I'm of two minds regarding the preview.

Too many mini series of this nature feel like they're trying to redefine the character, 'Everything you know is false!' kinda thing.

But they do acknowledge Dwayne's past, with is a rarity. So hope remains.

Keeping things awkward at a funeral.

Astonishing Member

Question: Its been a while since I've read any other New Warriors books besides the original series. Has Dwayne solved his intense anger problems from the original series or is that still an issue? He seemed to be written as more the ice cold calculating character more recently.
    His intense anger issues were pretty much dealt with early on in the original series. Dwayne's intense rages were something that Tom DeFalco had established when he first introduced the character, but when Fabian Nicieza started writing the NEW WARRIORS book it was something he decided to minimize and ultimately drop away since he didn't want the character saddled with an "angry black man" stereotype.

I'd say by the time the big arc revealing the secrets of Dwayne's past was resolved in issue #25 was about the same time Dwayne's anger issues were pretty much laid to rest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    His intense anger issues were pretty much dealt with early on in the original series. Dwayne's intense rages were something that Tom DeFalco had established when he first introduced the character, but when Fabian Nicieza started writing the NEW WARRIORS book it was something he decided to minimize and ultimately drop away since he didn't want the character saddled with an "angry black man" stereotype.

I'd say by the time the big arc revealing the secrets of Dwayne's past was resolved in issue #25 was about the same time Dwayne's anger issues were pretty much laid to rest.
    I thought that but whenever I go back to read the original new warriors material, I rarely to get past the Bagley run. That was his character flaw which was a stereotype, I often wondered if they resolved in well or was it just ignored.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whelp...I guessed right.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/09/ma...ht-thrasher-1/

Chord is no more.

I'm of two minds regarding the preview.

Too many mini series of this nature feel like they're trying to redefine the character, 'Everything you know is false!' kinda thing.

But they do acknowledge Dwayne's past, with is a rarity. So hope remains.
    Well the art's okay. Not bad but not great. I hope the artist handles action scenes well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Yeah, that was kinda a dumb thing to insert into a guy who's supposed to be disciplined enough to fight crime with his bare hands...

I think it vanished after his fight with Bengal and Castle, though.

Well the art's okay. Not bad but not great. I hope the artist handles action scenes well.
    I wonder where his scar is, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, that was kinda a dumb thing to insert into a guy who's supposed to be disciplined enough to fight crime with his bare hands...

I think it vanished after his fight with Bengal and Castle, though.

I wonder where his scar is, though.
    I was thinking the same thing but Thrash has money so he could have had plastic surgery to look better as the face of his company. Hand me my no prize! The better answer is that the writer or artist forgot about it.

Extraordinary Member

Question for the fans: How good of a combatant/martial artist does everyone believe Thrash is? I would say he is better hand to hand than the Punisher. The punisher is excellent but not an elite level hand to hand (without weapons). Castle will often be taken down by the pure martial artist like DD. Both Thrash had Daredevil have defeated the Bengal. So is he at the level of Daredevil? A bit above or below DD? I am leaving off the enhanced fighters like Cap and Black Panther as their physical prowess puts them out of his range without the suit.
    I would put him about where Clint Barton is. He isn't top tier...but can hold his own.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would put him about where Clint Barton is. He isn't top tier...but can hold his own.
    No, he's definitely better than Clint (no offense meant to Clint). Thrash relies on hand to hand, whereas Clint relies on his arrows with hand to hand being his backup.