Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No, he's definitely better than Clint (no offense meant to Clint). Thrash relies on hand to hand, whereas Clint relies on his arrows with hand to hand being his backup.
    I figured he would be above Clint. He is more skilled than the Punisher so I think he would be at least in the Daredevil range of martial arts skill.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that was kinda a dumb thing to insert into a guy who's supposed to be disciplined enough to fight crime with his bare hands...

I think it vanished after his fight with Bengal and Castle, though.
    Come to think of it, it might have been after the "Forever Yesterday" storyline that it vanished, since that arc did end up having a lasting effect on the four Warriors who were directly involved. For example, it was then when Vance's telekinetic powers started growing stronger and he stopped getting nosebleeds when he used them. That would fit with your approximate time frame too, since "Forever Yesterday" was the arc immediately after the Bengal storyline (minus the done-in-one battle with the Hellions inbetween).

Extraordinary Member

No, he's definitely better than Clint (no offense meant to Clint). Thrash relies on hand to hand, whereas Clint relies on his arrows with hand to hand being his backup.
    I would say that Dwayne relies on his gear in combat too. The armor, hand to hand weapons, the skateboard/shield, etc...

Take all the gear away from both and I would say they were evenly matched.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, that was kinda a dumb thing to insert into a guy who's supposed to be disciplined enough to fight crime with his bare hands...
    I know, right?! Even I knew that was whacked back then...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Even I knew that was whacked back then...
    Yep Thrash was one angry dude back in the day!!! He is courageous though. I will give him that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Yep Thrash was one angry dude back in the day!!! He is courageous though. I will give him that.
    Pounding on a guy the size of the Hulk because your weapons won't work, isn't exactly courage

Extraordinary Member

Pounding on a guy the size of the Hulk because your weapons won't work, isn't exactly courage
    Yeah...in that fight he should stay out of Jugg's reach and call the plays like a coach. If he can get a smoke of gas grenade close to his face to distract or disorient then OK.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

I disagree. Going toe to toe with Juggy does take courage. It shows that his anger would make him act irrationally at times but Thrash is no coward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I disagree. Going toe to toe with Juggy does take courage. It shows that his anger would make him act irrationally at times but Thrash is no coward.
    A normal human punching Juggy is insanity, pure and simple.

Mighty Member

A normal human punching Juggy is insanity, pure and simple.
    Yes they gave him a big character flaw in those early stories. I believe that made him too angry IMO he was still my favorite character on the team despite him having so many black character stereotypes: Angry and having no powers. Thrash won me over.

Mighty Member

Has anyone picked up the new series today or plan on doing so? It will be a few weeks before I go by my LCS. Any reviews?

I only skimmed through it. I'll have a read of it tomorrow. One question though. How old is Dwayne now? Maybe it's just the art but he looks middle aged now!!!

Seems like the writer is familiar with Night Thrasher and is using/referencing quite a few different eras of his. I liked seeing Silhouette and Midnight's Fire. But I don't like The O.G.'s identity. Hopefully that will be worked out by the end of this mini.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Seems like the writer is familiar with Night Thrasher and is using/referencing quite a few different eras of his. I liked seeing Silhouette and Midnight's Fire. But I don't like The O.G.'s identity. Hopefully that will be worked out by the end of this mini.
    I think it’s interesting as it brings that teacher vs former pupil trope. If it was just some random antagonist, it wouldn’t hit Night Thrasher as hard as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    The O.G came as a shock but as soon as I saw him I knew who it was. Let's hope the heel turn doesn't last.

I thought the issue was good. I'm assuming there will be minimal NW featured in this book apart from Sil and I hope we can see what else she can do with her powers. The last series of NW her powers had enhanced to more than just teleporting.