Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Seems like the writer is familiar with Night Thrasher and is using/referencing quite a few different eras of his. I liked seeing Silhouette and Midnight's Fire. But I don't like The O.G.'s identity. Hopefully that will be worked out by the end of this mini.
    The O.G. reveal made no sense whatsoever, I'm not a fan. Hopefully it's resolved in a way that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member

Not a fan of the O.G. reveal. Also does Sil look different to anyone else?. Always looked more mixed (black/asian with lighter skin).
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

I have not read the issue but reads line the OG is spoilers:
    Andrew Chord.
    end of spoilers I hope it is not. By the way, what does 'OG' stand for. I hope it's not Original Gangster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I have not read the issue but reads line the OG is spoilers:
    Andrew Chord.
    end of spoilers I hope it is not. By the way, what does 'OG' stand for. I hope it's not Original Gangster.
    No (to your guess on who it is) and yes (to what OG stands for).
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

I'm on the fence.

I dislike some of the deconstruction here. The death of Chord, disbanding the Taylor Foundation.

But I do like that they've actually addressed Dwayne's 'death', OG's recent storylines and acknowledged Midnight Fire and Sil's relationship.

Too many minis want to tell the biggest story ever in the title characters life, and often overlook the basics. That's not the case here (yet).

So I remain hopeful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm on the fence.

I dislike some of the deconstruction here. The death of Chord, disbanding the Taylor Foundation.

But I do like that they've actually addressed Dwayne's 'death', OG's recent storylines and acknowledged Midnight Fire and Sil's relationship.

Too many minis want to tell the biggest story ever in the title characters life, and often overlook the basics. That's not the case here (yet).

So I remain hopeful.
    Not just minis. Even in 'ongoings' such as they are these days. It is all about making the character fit the story the writer wants to tell and not making the story fit the character. That is where all these retcons come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    ^^^The OG reveal was stupid af; Actually the whole issue was. I’m out.

Mighty Member

I haven't picked it up yet but it better not be his father who is somehow alive.

Mighty Member

So disappointing that so many are meh about the first issue or outright did not enjoy the story. I was hoping for a good story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, that was kinda a dumb thing to insert into a guy who's supposed to be disciplined enough to fight crime with his bare hands...

I think it vanished after his fight with Bengal and Castle, though.

I wonder where his scar is, though.
    Did Dwayne have the scar when he was resurrected?

Not a fan of the O.G. reveal. Also does Sil look different to anyone else?. Always looked more mixed (black/asian with lighter skin).
    Marvel forgot Silhouette was half Asian a few years ago and started drawing her with less feminine aspects.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

Is this Dwayne or Donyell?

Thrash wth energy staff.jpg

Ultimate Member

So disappointing that so many are meh about the first issue or outright did not enjoy the story. I was hoping for a good story.
    Well, I don't think it's a bad story yet. Execution matters, and I want to see it in it's whole

Ultimate Member

Is this Dwayne or Donyell?

Thrash wth energy staff.jpg
    I believe that is Donyell and that might be from the New Warriors run with Jubliee. I would have to check the books that I have.

Ultimate Member

Not just minis. Even in 'ongoings' such as they are these days. It is all about making the character fit the story the writer wants to tell and not making the story fit the character. That is where all these retcons come from.
    Yeah, true.

I'm reminded of the recent Jay Garrick Flash mini series.

In it, his daughter 'returns', we learn his 'secret origin' and hidden villain that shaped his entire life (yet we never knew until now!), and all I can think is, why would any new fan give a damn about these characters?

Thrash's mini at least starts on a solid foundation, IMO

*Edit*

And to be clear, I like Judy and Jay. But the mini isn't giving me much reason to
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 02-18-2024 at 12:56 PM.