Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    So O.G is Rage? I remember he was a very smart 13 year old in an adult's body in his origin story.
    That's correct, yes. O.G. is Rage.

He was introduced as 13 years old, how many years ago now?

As pure conjecture, it would be interesting if a writer writing the 'young child as adult superhero' did something to freeze the character at that age. Logically, Rage should be almost 18, at the youngest now.

So O.G is Rage? I remember he was a very smart 13 year old in an adult's body in his origin story.
    I know, right?! The creation of Larry Hama, along with making his 1st appearance in Avengers #326 (1990):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2024 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

As pure conjecture, it would be interesting if a writer writing the 'young child as adult superhero' did something to freeze the character at that age. Logically, Rage should be almost 18, at the youngest now.
    Oh man. 33 years ago. But yeah, by comic book time maybe 18 now would be right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! The creation of Larry Hama, along with making his 1st appearance in Avengers #326 (1990):

yup. I used to have this issue. I remember a scene when Cap and Rage go into a subway... an old lady gets scared of Rage, and relieved when Cap shows up.

yup. I used to have this issue. I remember a scene when Cap and Rage go into a subway... an old lady gets scared of Rage, and relieved when Cap shows up.
    Good memory. That was when Rage recounts his origin for Cap during the train-ride to Brooklyn.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good memory. That was when Rage recounts his origin for Cap during the train-ride to Brooklyn.
    I like this character. But his powerset and origin (chemical spill) are pretty boring.

Oh man... reading his history... he's been through a lot of crap. Looks like all former New Warriors have been through hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I like this character. But his powerset and origin (chemical spill) are pretty boring.

Oh man... reading his history... he's been through a lot of crap. Looks like all former New Warriors have been through hell.
    Not to drift too far from the Thrash topic...but RAGE is another character desperately in need of an update to his update (...to his update). Lots of potential there...

...actually his back to basics look was a fresh restart
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Rage was pretty active in the Initiative and during Dark Reign, and he seemed especially defense of Thrash and the team's reputation at the time. He seemed to have no patience for Bandit at the time.

I wonder if it will play into the mini.

He has so much potential. During New Warriors Thrash noted that there's still so much they don't know about Rage's power. For instance we know he's similar to the Hulk as in the angrier he gets, the stronger or at least the harder he hits. Nita was noted to being stronger as in being able to lift more weight than Rage, but Rage is able to punch harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

For me, this will always be the perfect design for Rage.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    For me, this will always be the perfect design for Rage.

Peace
    To the utmost, I agree.

Mighty Member

Still have not had an opportunity to go to the comic book store yet. How did Thrash match up with Rage (OG) in the 2nd issue? Was it well choregraphed?