Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Young Avengers Appreciation 2024

I just realized there isn't a 2024 appreciation thread. Not to worry! I'm here to fix it. The end of 2023 setup a potential Young Avengers team for the MCU. It'll likely be a hybrid with the Champions team. So lets hope that 2024 will see a good showing for the Young Avengers with hopefully a reunion and Volume 3 run. Also long lost member Elijah Bradley aka Patriot is returning this year in "Marvel's Voices: Legends #1" and Tommy aka Speed is teased for a appearance in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. So already that's good news especially for two very underused members.

detail.jpg

This is like my favorite YA cover.

I'm surprised we didn't have one yet! Good job, ComicNoobie .

Good timing too. Marvel Voices Legends is out today, and as mentioned in the first post, Patriot is in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/26/ma...s-legends-1-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

David also has a starring role in Dead X-Men #1! Good week for YA stans considering we also have confirmation from the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver artist that Tommy will be in issue #3!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good timing too. Marvel Voices Legends is out today, and as mentioned in the first post, Patriot is in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/26/ma...s-legends-1-2/
    I never understood why out of the whole team he was one that got plucked out and pushed aside. Just odd when you consider that a cap type has always lead an Avengers type squad, okay well most of the time.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I never understood why out of the whole team he was one that got plucked out and pushed aside. Just odd when you consider that a cap type has always lead an Avengers type squad, okay well most of the time.
    There seems to be a prevailing theory that there's actual behind the scenes legal issues that either prevent him from appearing prominently (or Marvel is being cheap and/or petty and choosing not to include him bc of those legal issues).

We have evidence that Anthony Oliveira wanted to write him, but when given a list of YA members he was allowed to use for Paradox Lost, Eli wasn't included. So ultimately no one knows, but hopefully with the MCU ramping up YA stuff, they'll include him more.

Agreed on Eli. I hope we get to see more of him in the future if his use in Marvel Voices is anything to go by. I want to see him interact with Cap Sam and hopefully get a updated suit. His Patriot look is iconic but a upgrade in the modern age wouldn't hurt. At least in the shield department.

In other news Cassie Lang/Stinger made a very surprise appearance in Avengers Inc #5. And she channeled my greatest Marvel wish by spoilers:
    Yelling Ant-Vengers Assemble. Their first battle cry!
    end of spoilers So that's David, Eli, and now Cassie making appearances in 2024 with Tommy on the way. Keep it going Marvel

Yeah - spoilers:
    The Ant-Vengers in question being Scott, Cassie, and Nadia. And the ending indicates Janet wants to make an Avengers team with that group, which also includes Moon Knight, Vision, Ultron Mark Twelve (from West Coast Avengers!), Luke Cage, and Valkyrie Jane Foster. Vision's the only one who's already busy as he's on the main Avengers team.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    David also has a starring role in Dead X-Men #1! Good week for YA stans considering we also have confirmation from the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver artist that Tommy will be in issue #3!
    Avengers Inc #5 mentioned Speed Demon as being the fourth fastest man alive. I guess the three above him are Quicksilver, Northstar, and Speed?

I got to see the Eli comic. My thoughts on his grand return?

spoilers:
    I liked it for what it was. A tease of Eli returning as Patriot. This felt like a sequel to what Eli was going through in his Young Avengers: Presents story. And they had flashbacks of him getting advice from T'Challa, Sam and Steve who were urging him back to being a hero. Of those interactions my favorite was Steve. Obviously Eli and Steve have actual history but I'm glad they remembered it.

I also really enjoyed his fight with Crossbones, a more experienced opponent for Patriot to battle. The ending reminded me of his fight with Mr. Hyde where he went berserker mode on him. Only this time he was able to stop himself from going to far on his own when seeing the kids. It also helped that he wasn't juiced up. But overall a nice story and I hope we see Patriot land somewhere after this. I would love to see him team up with Captain Falcon and get a updated look.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I don't usually get the Marvel Voices books, but I feel I may need to pick up this one at some point seeing as I'm a fan of the Character.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I got to see the Eli comic. My thoughts on his grand return?

spoilers:
    I liked it for what it was. A tease of Eli returning as Patriot. This felt like a sequel to what Eli was going through in his Young Avengers: Presents story. And they had flashbacks of him getting advice from T'Challa, Sam and Steve who were urging him back to being a hero. Of those interactions my favorite was Steve. Obviously Eli and Steve have actual history but I'm glad they remembered it.

I also really enjoyed his fight with Crossbones, a more experienced opponent for Patriot to battle. The ending reminded me of his fight with Mr. Hyde where he went berserker mode on him. Only this time he was able to stop himself from going to far on his own when seeing the kids. It also helped that he wasn't juiced up. But overall a nice story and I hope we see Patriot land somewhere after this. I would love to see him team up with Captain Falcon and get a updated look.
    end of spoilers
    Glad to hear it's a solid story .

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I don't usually get the Marvel Voices books, but I feel I may need to pick up this one at some point seeing as I'm a fan of the Character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to hear it's a solid story .
    Yes. I would recommend it for a read. It's a good return for Eli.

And now for some random rambling on one of today's YA member issues. Something only a true obsessed nerd like me would pick up. spoilers:
    I'm talking about Cassie's Stinger costume in Avengers Inc #5. I'm still beside myself that she got to appear. Throw me my bones, Marvel. Anyway her costume in the latest issue seems to be a sort of mashup of her previous Stinger outfits if you look closely. And since I'm 99% positive that only I did I will explain.

Her Stinger suit is still the one she's had since Zeb Wells World Hive story from 2020. But her helmet minus the yellow insect eyes is closer to her Stinger helmet she had in the Nick Spenser Astonishing Ant-Man run. And her wings...this one is pretty minor, but her wings looked like they were modeled after her Giant-Man suit she had in War of the Realms. Yes, there is a difference. Trust me, I'm a Cassie Lang geek!

And now for something kind of new. How her wings are sprouted on her back. In the World Hive story she had like four wing tubes on her back for each of her wings and they were visible when she didn't have wings. But now she just has one at the center on her back that houses all four of her wings. Minor details like that might seem unimportant, and yeah they are but I noticed it the minute I was reading. Cassie's current Stinger suit seems to have a little bit of something from all it's incarnations. Was this done on purpose? Or was the artist just using lots of different references? Maybe we'll never know.
    end of spoilers

And that's my random YA ramble of the evening. I'm still so pleased wit Eli and Cassie's appearances. I hope Tommy's will deliver when it's his turn! Who knows? With the more underrated/underused members getting panel time maybe we'll finally acknowledge Jonas...

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Last thing I read with most of these characters was a while ago. The Infinity Comic was decent, especially getting to see a Nate and Cassie reunion to bookend the relationship properly after her resurrection. Personally, I'd like to see them all diversify, if Krakoa were still going Speed and Wiccan should be on Krakoa, and since Trial of Magneto could have had a relationship with their grandfather and aunt again. These days it feels like only Kate and maybe America get any appearances, except Teddy being an Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Yes. I would recommend it for a read. It's a good return for Eli.

And now for some random rambling on one of today's YA member issues. Something only a true obsessed nerd like me would pick up. spoilers:
    I'm talking about Cassie's Stinger costume in Avengers Inc #5. I'm still beside myself that she got to appear. Throw me my bones, Marvel. Anyway her costume in the latest issue seems to be a sort of mashup of her previous Stinger outfits if you look closely. And since I'm 99% positive that only I did I will explain.

Her Stinger suit is still the one she's had since Zeb Wells World Hive story from 2020. But her helmet minus the yellow insect eyes is closer to her Stinger helmet she had in the Nick Spenser Astonishing Ant-Man run. And her wings...this one is pretty minor, but her wings looked like they were modeled after her Giant-Man suit she had in War of the Realms. Yes, there is a difference. Trust me, I'm a Cassie Lang geek!

And now for something kind of new. How her wings are sprouted on her back. In the World Hive story she had like four wing tubes on her back for each of her wings and they were visible when she didn't have wings. But now she just has one at the center on her back that houses all four of her wings. Minor details like that might seem unimportant, and yeah they are but I noticed it the minute I was reading. Cassie's current Stinger suit seems to have a little bit of something from all it's incarnations. Was this done on purpose? Or was the artist just using lots of different references? Maybe we'll never know.
    end of spoilers

And that's my random YA ramble of the evening. I'm still so pleased wit Eli and Cassie's appearances. I hope Tommy's will deliver when it's his turn! Who knows? With the more underrated/underused members getting panel time maybe we'll finally acknowledge Jonas...
    I just want her in the Stature suit again. I don't like her in a helmet.