Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hah, yeah, it features two members of the Kooky Quartet (Cap himself and Quicksilver), a legacy character to another (Hawkeye), and then has Hazmat and Hercules instead of Scarlet Witch (who wasn't available because she's on the other team that's apparently incapacitated). So it kind of is a new version of the KQ!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hasn’t he been in Arizona tho? Doesn’t he live with Minimoff Hand dude from that YA Special like 2 years ago?
    Actually, it's Eli who has been living with his parents in Arizona ever since Children's Crusade ended.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Actually, it's Eli who has been living with his parents in Arizona ever since Children's Crusade ended.
    That would have been some serious culture shock. Moving form far left NYC to far right AZ.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steve Rogers and a kooky quintet .

The amount of sass between Hazmat, Kate, and Pietro will be the stuff of legends.

(Would be kind of funny if Kate mentions she made out with Pietro's nephew...).
    Given the obvious resemblances between Pietro and Tommy, and the fact that Pietro's silver hair and his green-and-white costume bears a certain resemblance to Noh-Varr, Pietro might need to watch out for mistaken make-outs from both Kate AND Herc!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Given the obvious resemblances between Pietro and Tommy, and the fact that Pietro's silver hair and his green-and-white costume bears a certain resemblance to Noh-Varr, Pietro might need to watch out for mistaken make-outs from both Kate AND Herc!
    I didn't even realize Kate and Herc hooked up with the same dude .

Herc and Noh-Varr were on the Guardians of the Galaxy together.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hah, yeah, it features two members of the Kooky Quartet (Cap himself and Quicksilver), a legacy character to another (Hawkeye), and then has Hazmat and Hercules instead of Scarlet Witch (who wasn't available because she's on the other team that's apparently incapacitated). So it kind of is a new version of the KQ!
    Are they gonna travel back in time to save Mettle?

And undo Avengers Arena?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

They should've just said that Mettle was a mutant and had him revived on Krakoa. Then the only Academy alumnus off the table would be Veil, who voluntarily had herself depowered because her powers would've killed her.

The MCU has a Kang problem it sounds like. I wanna offer a solution with a Young Avengers movie/Disney + project. The current Kang is killed off and the only one left is teenage Nathanial Richards who wants to be good. The TVA and Avengers want to get rid of him but the Young Avengers are on his side and stick up for him. This could be the substitute conflict the Young Avengers have with the adult Avengers since ages isn't going to be to big a thing with many of them reaching 20 by the time we get whatever it is they are doing. It also gives different perspectives about being a hero. And we get Nathanial/Iron Lad who can eventually become the new Kang and it'll be way more personal of a villain this time as we see him grow from a young hero to iconic villain.

So how does my fanfic pitch sound?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The MCU has a Kang problem it sounds like. I wanna offer a solution with a Young Avengers movie/Disney + project. The current Kang is killed off and the only one left is teenage Nathanial Richards who wants to be good. The TVA and Avengers want to get rid of him but the Young Avengers are on his side and stick up for him. This could be the substitute conflict the Young Avengers have with the adult Avengers since ages isn't going to be to big a thing with many of them reaching 20 by the time we get whatever it is they are doing. It also gives different perspectives about being a hero. And we get Nathanial/Iron Lad who can eventually become the new Kang and it'll be way more personal of a villain this time as we see him grow from a young hero to iconic villain.

I'd prefer that to just planting Ironheart on the Young Avengers.

Unfortunately we already know they likely will be including Riri on the team. It's confirmed to be a YA/Champions combination due to The Marvels' post-credits scene, which had Kamala recruit Kate.

I think Iron Lad would be redundant with Riri now a thing.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think that works, but only if they actually do a good job of establishing Kang as an Avengers level villain, which was supposed to happen on Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, which now will reportedly not even be called that anymore. So my fear is that there won't be enough Kang development for a plot about a young version of him to have the same appeal. If Kang is just kind of thrown aside, that really undermines the potential threat of Nate growing up to become him.

I feel like it could go either way: Iron Lad might become more relevant for Marvel Studios as a way to do Kang while distancing themselves from Jonathan Majors's version of the character, OR they just want to bury Kang and everything related to him as fast as possible, which will lead to Iron Lad not even getting a chance to shine.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-26-2024 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think Iron Lad would be redundant with Riri now a thing.
    I know. But there is no way around that. I wouldn't expect Iron Lad to stay with the team anyway just like the comics where he comes and goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think that works, but only if they actually do a good job of establishing Kang as an Avengers level villain, which was supposed to happen on Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, which now will reportedly not even be called that anymore. So my fear is that there won't be enough Kang development for a plot about a young version of him to have the same appeal. If Kang is just kind of thrown aside, that really undermines the potential threat of Nate growing up to become him.

I feel like it could go either way: Iron Lad might become more relevant for Marvel Studios as a way to do Kang while distancing themselves from Jonathan Majors's version of the character, OR they just want to bury Kang and everything related to him as fast as possible, which will lead to Iron Lad not even getting a chance to shine.
    I guess we'll see. If they don't use Kang then who are the Young Avengers even assembling to face? He's a important part of the team's history and formation. They could do something more original which I wouldn't be opposed with honestly, I'm just shocked they had Kang and didn't make this connection right away.

I still think one of the biggest issues is going to be the ages. Being older means a lot of the drama the team faced isn't going to be present and hit the same story beats. Kate is a legal adult and Cassie is probably going to be to by the time they finally get to this thing. Then there is Skaar likely replacing Hulkling because he'll be an easier sell.

I still think one of the biggest issues is going to be the ages. Being older means a lot of the drama the team faced isn't going to be present and hit the same story beats. Kate is a legal adult and Cassie is probably going to be to by the time they finally get to this thing. Then there is Skaar likely replacing Hulkling because he'll be an easier sell.
    She's already done hard time .