Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Then there is Skaar likely replacing Hulkling because he'll be an easier sell.
    Or because they outright made his origin impossible by gender bending his father and killing her off in the 1990s (Captain Marvel was a period piece set 30 years ago). A comic accurate Mar-Vell would've been male and died in the 2010s, making it possible for a teenage Hulkling to exist. Thanks to what they did though, he'd need his parentage changing, else he'd be too old.

There is maybe one advantage though. If Skaar becomes MCU Hulkling you can bet he'll take the role in the comics too, which means Teddy would probably get a new and more fitting name. After all, Skaar is actually a Hulk, unlike Teddy.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-26-2024 at 03:36 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I guess we'll see. If they don't use Kang then who are the Young Avengers even assembling to face? He's a important part of the team's history and formation. They could do something more original which I wouldn't be opposed with honestly, I'm just shocked they had Kang and didn't make this connection right away.

I still think one of the biggest issues is going to be the ages. Being older means a lot of the drama the team faced isn't going to be present and hit the same story beats. Kate is a legal adult and Cassie is probably going to be to by the time they finally get to this thing. Then there is Skaar likely replacing Hulkling because he'll be an easier sell.
    At this point it doesn't even matter who's gonna be their first villain, because they already changed a key part of the team's origin by making them be assembled by Ms. Marvel. From now on, anything goes. For all we know, they could be getting a brand new rogues' gallery for the MCU.

As for Skaar/Hulkling, there was a rumor recently from Cosmic Circus' Alex saying that we've already met Hulkling in the MCU and it's NOT Skaar. IF this is true, I'm assuming they're gonna say he is a Kree/Skrull character that appeared in the background of Captain Marvel, WandaVision, Secret Invasion or The Marvels. There was a casting call for a Skrull refugee that never made it to the final cut of WandaVision, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's already done hard time .
    A criminal before Tommy even exists in the MCU. He gonna be jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or because they outright made his origin impossible by gender bending his father and killing her off in the 1990s (Captain Marvel was a period piece set 30 years ago). A comic accurate Mar-Vell would've been male and died in the 2010s, making it possible for a teenage Hulkling to exist. Thanks to what they did though, he'd need his parentage changing, else he'd be too old.

There is maybe one advantage though. If Skaar becomes MCU Hulkling you can bet he'll take the role in the comics too, which means Teddy would probably get a new and more fitting name. After all, Skaar is actually a Hulk, unlike Teddy.
    Beating a dead horse here but Teddy should have changed his name a long time ago from Hulkling. I'll never understand why they kept it so long even after Empyre with the Kree/Skrull alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    At this point it doesn't even matter who's gonna be their first villain, because they already changed a key part of the team's origin by making them be assembled by Ms. Marvel. From now on, anything goes. For all we know, they could be getting a brand new rogues' gallery for the MCU.

As for Skaar/Hulkling, there was a rumor recently from Cosmic Circus' Alex saying that we've already met Hulkling in the MCU and it's NOT Skaar. IF this is true, I'm assuming they're gonna say he is a Kree/Skrull character that appeared in the background of Captain Marvel, WandaVision, Secret Invasion or The Marvels. There was a casting call for a Skrull refugee that never made it to the final cut of WandaVision, after all.
    The Young Avengers need a rogues gallery MCU or not. If only they'd do volume 3 so they can create one. By the way does anyone else think Jonas will be the Jarvis of the team? It's perfect since Jarvis went on to become Vision.

And of course "assembled by Ms. Marvel" is the origin of the Champions. Both teams have members who can't be done in the MCU for various reasons (Nadia's counterpart is the adult Hope, the Nova Corps don't have superpowers, Hulkling's origin is impossible as I mentioned earlier), hence the merge. As you say, anything goes. They could use rogues from either of those two teams, or someone new. At least one Young Avengers rogue is off the board too - Sylvie from the Young Masters of Evil, because she was an adult alternate Loki in the Loki TV series instead of a junior legacy to Enchantress.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A criminal before Tommy even exists in the MCU. He gonna be jelly.
    I think it's funny that she got arrested before MCU Kate did.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

If Skaar takes the Hulkling name, Teddy can become Legacy, his older brother's original name. It fits him now much better.

Though thanks to synergy, Teddy getting killed and Billy ending up with Skaar wouldnt be outside the realms of possibility...

Unfortunately we already know they likely will be including Riri on the team. It's confirmed to be a YA/Champions combination due to The Marvels' post-credits scene, which had Kamala recruit Kate.
    I've been saying they would do this for years, only be shouted down.

I also fully expect the team to be called Champions, and Young Avengers be more of an in universe tongue in cheek joke name they try to move away from.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

And they'll probably relaunch the comic too, with the same roster the movie/show uses plus maybe Miles Morales. That's a few years away though.

Which is probably why the team that's forming in Spider-Woman is called the NEW Champions - they're seemingly keeping the adjectiveless version of the name free for when Kamala's no longer with the X-Men and strikes out with her own team again.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I also fully expect the team to be called Champions, and Young Avengers be more of an in universe tongue in cheek joke name they try to move away from.
    Bob Iger was just recently talking about how they want Disney to focus on sequels and known franchises after the arguably bad financial year their movies had in 2023. Maybe they won't necessarily be called YOUNG Avengers, but I think it's safer to go with Avengers as a brand name right now. Maybe they'll be New Avengers, Next Avengers, or whatever.

New Avengers makes more sense than Young Avengers, yeah - after all, as has been pointed out, they won't be as young as their comic counterparts.

Bob Iger was just recently talking about how they want Disney to focus on sequels and known franchises after the arguably bad financial year their movies had in 2023. Maybe they won't necessarily be called YOUNG Avengers, but I think it's safer to go with Avengers as a brand name right now. Maybe they'll be New Avengers, Next Avengers, or whatever.
    Even though Champions is a more age neutral name, branding wise Young Avengers would get more attention even if people clown on the "young" part. YA as a group is more well known than the Champions even though Kamala and Miles have been more successful as solos than any of the YA since it ended.

If synergy is a thing than yeah, I don't expect to see a Young Avengers volume 3 until this MCU project is announced and even than it won't be what many of us have been asking for. Just look at Thunderbolts. Still I'd give it a chance because it can't be any worse than the situation right now.

And I hope Cassie gets aged up to 18 in the comics making her legal. This is a synergy I'm begging for and I no longer care how they do it. Age her up, get out of school and let her drink a effing beer! She won't need parent permission anymore to do whatever she wants and they can finally give her a new dynamic with Scott because she's a freaking adult now! That's one massive favor the MCU can do for me right now.

Even though Champions is a more age neutral name, branding wise Young Avengers would get more attention even if people clown on the "young" part. YA as a group is more well known than the Champions even though Kamala and Miles have been more successful as solos than any of the YA since it ended.

If synergy is a thing than yeah, I don't expect to see a Young Avengers volume 3 until this MCU project is announced and even than it won't be what many of us have been asking for. Just look at Thunderbolts. Still I'd give it a chance because it can't be any worse than the situation right now.

And I hope Cassie gets aged up to 18 in the comics making her legal. This is a synergy I'm begging for and I no longer care how they do it. Age her up, get out of school and let her drink a effing beer! She won't need parent permission anymore to do whatever she wants and they can finally give her a new dynamic with Scott because she's a freaking adult now! That's one massive favor the MCU can do for me right now.
    But then you can't call her a Young Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    But then you can't call her a Young Avenger.
    She's a Young Avenger alumni! She'll be fine. Kate, Billy, and Teddy still get mentioned as Young Avengers every now and again even though they are young adults now. Kind of like how the New Mutants aren't really "new" anymore. They've been around since the 80s lol.

I'm just ready for Cassie to get new material and to be treated with respect and not as a kid anymore.

Same goes for the New Warriors of course, who've been around since 1989.

Even at 18 she still couldn't drink. Well, not that it stopped Kate or Tommy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even at 18 she still couldn't drink. Well, not that it stopped Kate or Tommy .
    True! I just use that as over exaggeration on how I want her in adulthood, at least college age. I'm ready to see the next step of her growth and Marvel's not giving it to me. If they are a slave to synergy than they'll have to thanks to MCU actors aging. Thank goodness we don't live in Neverland!

But seriously, beer drinking Cassie! Give me it Marvel.