Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Heck, wouldn't America's star portal powers allow her to just pick them up, and then send them back home when they're no longer needed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I take even yearly mini-series at this point. There was a time when Marvel was actually bothering to keep the team alive even if they didn't have an ongoing. That whole period between 2006 and 2010 in which Allan Heinberg took a break was filled with YA minis (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, YA Presents). You could tell Marvel didn't want them to fall into oblivion. I'd give everything to have THAT back, but you're probably right that right now it seems the only thing that's gonna move the team forward is synergy. I think editorial just fell out of love with the team, unfortunately.
    One thing I've always wondered about Outlawed, is if other books were cancelled that were never announced. The teaser art for it showed quite a few characters who didn't end up being involved. They announced three books (Champions, Power Pack, and New Warriors) and two tie-ins in existing ongoings (Magnificent Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales: Spider-Man). When COVID hit, plans obviously got changed. New Warriors was never published, the other books were delayed six months, and Ms. Marvel got cancelled immediately after her tie-in arc. So it seems likely that there was more stuff planned we never knew about. Perhaps one would've involved either the Young Avengers, or Kelly Thompson's West Coast Avengers team (which might as well have been YA considering Clint Barton was the only adult and it included Kate and America) which was still supposed to be active at the time even though the book had ended (there was a scene in Champions showing WCA HQ being raided).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-07-2024 at 03:46 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I take even yearly mini-series at this point. There was a time when Marvel was actually bothering to keep the team alive even if they didn't have an ongoing. That whole period between 2006 and 2010 in which Allan Heinberg took a break was filled with YA minis (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, YA Presents). You could tell Marvel didn't want them to fall into oblivion. I'd give everything to have THAT back, but you're probably right that right now it seems the only thing that's gonna move the team forward is synergy. I think editorial just fell out of love with the team, unfortunately.
    That and they're constantly making new teen hero teams, dumping the old and none of them stick. Outside the New Mutants in the X-Men, none of the young/teen hero groups of Marvel have lasted. It's one of the reasons why I want them aged up. The funny thing about the synergy is despite the tease in the Marvels movie, nothing has happened in the comics. Probably just waiting for the team to be announced and base a new comic around those characters. So even then it likely isn't going to be what a traditional YA fan would want anyway. Volume 3 feels like a dream that just won't come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly… if Thor’s been able to be the King of Asgard and serve on the Avengers then anything is possible. OR they could center the team on some cosmic adventures for a while.
    I'd take a cosmic adventure. I'd take any kind of adventure. These characters appear so rarely and when they do they disappear just as quickly. It's not just the Young Avengers. Marvel has a bunch of characters not being used anymore yet several other characters have like two books out. Marvel just needs more team up books in general to give these less popular characters a chance.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heck, wouldn't America's star portal powers allow her to just pick them up, and then send them back home when they're no longer needed?
    They don't even need America for this; Billy himself has teleportation powers. And Teddy has access to every Skrull/Kree technology out there. Fast travel shouldn't be an issue to either of them.

They don't even need America for this; Billy himself has teleportation powers. And Teddy has access to every Skrull/Kree technology out there. Fast travel shouldn't be an issue to either of them.
    That seems kinda op the movie Avengers made each member feel important to not make one redundant. They can't have Billy or Teddy solo everyone to make them badass.

And what if they don't know they're needed on Earth? I don't think telephone or Internet tech is interstellar!

And what if they don't know they're needed on Earth? I don't think telephone or Internet tech is interstellar!
    It's the Marvel universe. I'm pretty sure at this point interstellar tech has already been a thing. Didn't America herself had an interstellar phone back in Ewing's Ultimates? 'Cause I seem to recall her talking to her girlfriend on Earth even when she was in space.

Ex-Young Avenger Prodigy is in NYX (the other members are Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Anole and Sophie Cuckoo). Might Speed end up guesting?

Ex-Young Avenger Prodigy is in NYX (the other members are Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Anole and Sophie Cuckoo). Might Speed end up guesting?
    I would love that. And he’s a mutant, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I would love that. And he’s a mutant, right?
    Who, Tommy? It's debatable. During the Hellfire Gala he attended, he was wearing the ''guest flower'', which implies he never got a formal invitation to Krakoa. Marvel has kept his (and Billy's) status as mutants very ambiguous over the years, likely because Wanda's and Pietro's statuses have also been a continuity mess.

But regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing Tommy being more involved in X-stuff, even if he's not a mutant. It's not like there's a rule saying non-mutants can't be supporting characters in X-books. It would be nice for him to get any content these days.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-11-2024 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/...tqj1GXzxg&s=19

Turns out it's for a new Unlimited comic featuring Aaron Fischer! And it seems to be hinting at a gathering of young heroes, so perhaps they're forming a new gen of YAs?
    This story continued with Blade's daughter, Brielle Brooks, getting recruited by Jericho Drumm.
    Was NOT expecting her at all.
    This has me doubly curious as to where this story is going. Is it in response to the impending vampire-storyline waiting in the wings?
    A young anti-vampire squad?

So a Young Avenger update for good ole Speed.

spoilers:
    Tommy's been making numerous appearances in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilvers book. He teamed up with Uncle Pietro to fight a few of the Fearsome Four hundred goons, talked about David being his boyfriend and being dead. Pietro gave Tommy a mission to go avenge and honor him and that was basically it. It wasn't much but I'm just glad to see Tommy/Speed in a book no matter how minor or small the role it.
    end of spoilers

Also Kate Bishop being in Blood Hunt is like the main thing that has me excited for the vampire event. I hope she's done well.

I mean IdK who’s writing that new X-book David is going to appear in next but I do hope they at least follow up with this storyline & David at least attempts to tell his boyfriend he’s alive & doesn’t just ghost Tommy for Anole or some BS he’ll id love to see Tommy join the X-side of things on a more consistent basis but I’m a realist IDK basically I just hope theirs some follow through & Tommy actually does maybe go after Orchis in some capacity & maybe David interferes IdK something.

NYX is by Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/NYX_Vol_2_1

Okay well again I hope they follow up on this plot with Tommy & David their each others most popular ship so & if nothing else the relationship deserves closure