Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    Attachment 138633

Anthony Oliveira tweeted last night (and then deleted this morning) that something big is happening for him in comics today. Seemingly the announcement was delayed, but I assume it has to be Wiccan/Hulkling-related. Do we have any inklings of what it could be?
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/...tqj1GXzxg&s=19

Turns out it's for a new Unlimited comic featuring Aaron Fischer! And it seems to be hinting at a gathering of young heroes, so perhaps they're forming a new gen of YAs?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Damn... the Infinity Comics' Marvel Voices anthology has been going on strong, huh? 95 issues. That's more than you usually get on traditional printed comics these days. I stopped reading it after we didn't get more YA stories, but part of me can't help but wish they would do more digital comics like this for the YA specifically (without it being an anthology) so we could at least feel what it's like to have a long ongoing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/...tqj1GXzxg&s=19

Turns out it's for a new Unlimited comic featuring Aaron Fischer! And it seems to be hinting at a gathering of young heroes, so perhaps they're forming a new gen of YAs?
    Fingers crossed this is the runway necessary for Anthony to really launch these young heroes into a full blown ongoing PRINTED series.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Damn... the Infinity Comics' Marvel Voices anthology has been going on strong, huh? 95 issues. That's more than you usually get on traditional printed comics these days. I stopped reading it after we didn't get more YA stories, but part of me can't help but wish they would do more digital comics like this for the YA specifically (without it being an anthology) so we could at least feel what it's like to have a long ongoing book.
    I'd take digital comics at this point. Anything to get my dream of Young Avengers volume 3. But sadly I don't see it happening and if it does it'll be the synergy team fusion with the Champions.

They need to give the guy a proper YA ongoing. His Unlimited story was the best YA story in ages.
    Are the 20 Venom spin-offs they keep launching better sellers than one YA book? I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They need to give the guy a proper YA ongoing. His Unlimited story was the best YA story in ages.
    Are the 20 Venom spin-offs they keep launching better sellers than one YA book? I don’t get it.
    Especially when Marvel doesn't have a young hero team book out right now (other than that new X-Men book with Kitty and Emma I guess).

Though they'll probably do a book about all those spinoff characters they did variants with before bringing back YA or the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when Marvel doesn't have a young hero team book out right now (other than that new X-Men book with Kitty and Emma I guess).

Though they'll probably do a book about all those spinoff characters they did variants with before bringing back YA or the Champions.
    That's probably true. I mean Spider-Boy of all things is a priority over any of the YA. Though I've always wondered how they'd even get Wiccan and Hulkling back on a team given their new status quo. It's not very likely.

It might be minor but I'm still bummed the YA don't have their own rogues gallery. I guess it's just not in the cards for this team

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Neither does DC. The only Titans book is about Nightwing's generation, who are closer to Peter's age than Miles's. There's a gap to be filled!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Neither does DC. The only Titans book is about Nightwing's generation, who are closer to Peter's age than Miles's. There's a gap to be filled!
    Seems like they're going to be officially announcing a new book with Stephanie Brown and a bunch of Superhero kids soon.

That's long overdue, honestly. Steph's had nothing to do since Batgirls was cancelled. Of course NYX is likely to be a teen team book too - there's rumours it's Kamala's new book, and the original book by that name introduced X-23.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Since you brought it up, that's the road I'd like to see the Young Avengers take in the future. To more of a Titans spot of being young adults. Marvel can keep creating those new Champion variants with Spider-Boy, but at least let the Young Avengers age up a little. I want to see progress and more growing up themes with them if we ever got a volume 3.

That I agree with - there's some overlap in ages between the Young Avengers and Champions, but the main outliers are Cassie, who's a bit younger than the other YAs, and Amadeus, who's the oldest of the core Champions. In general, the YAs should now be about 20-22 years old, and thus adults, whereas apart from Amadeus, the Champions should be a few years younger, 16-18. The New Champions (who based on Web of Spider-Man seem to have been renamed The Assembly) are presumably around the same age as Kamala's group. The actual equivalent in Marvel to Nightwing's Titans team is the New Warriors, who ought to be in their mid 20s (so a few years older than the Young Avengers).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-05-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

That I agree with - there's some overlap in ages between the Young Avengers and Champions, but the main outliers are Cassie, who's a bit younger than the other YAs, and Amadeus, who's the oldest of the core Champions. In general, the YAs should now be about 20-22 years old, and thus adults, whereas apart from Amadeus, the Champions should be a few years younger, 16-18. The New Champions (who based on Web of Spider-Man seem to have been renamed The Assembly) are presumably around the same age as Kamala's group. The actual equivalent in Marvel to Nightwing's Titans team is the New Warriors, who ought to be in their mid 20s (so a few years older than the Young Avengers).
    Definitely want to see the YA grown up. They can still be young heroes, in their early 20s, while some of the old guard have been in their 30s and 40s in some cases, for many decades. (Reed and Strange and Stark have all been 30 to 40+ since their inception!)

Plus keeping them as post-teens means that Disney can't justify continuing to cop out and avoid controversy by only presenting their gay characters as pre-sexual children.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'd take digital comics at this point. Anything to get my dream of Young Avengers volume 3. But sadly I don't see it happening and if it does it'll be the synergy team fusion with the Champions.
    I take even yearly mini-series at this point. There was a time when Marvel was actually bothering to keep the team alive even if they didn't have an ongoing. That whole period between 2006 and 2010 in which Allan Heinberg took a break was filled with YA minis (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, YA Presents). You could tell Marvel didn't want them to fall into oblivion. I'd give everything to have THAT back, but you're probably right that right now it seems the only thing that's gonna move the team forward is synergy. I think editorial just fell out of love with the team, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That's probably true. I mean Spider-Boy of all things is a priority over any of the YA. Though I've always wondered how they'd even get Wiccan and Hulkling back on a team given their new status quo. It's not very likely.

It might be minor but I'm still bummed the YA don't have their own rogues gallery. I guess it's just not in the cards for this team
    Honestly… if Thor’s been able to be the King of Asgard and serve on the Avengers then anything is possible. OR they could center the team on some cosmic adventures for a while.