Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowItMakesSense View Post
    Last thing I read with most of these characters was a while ago. The Infinity Comic was decent, especially getting to see a Nate and Cassie reunion to bookend the relationship properly after her resurrection. Personally, I'd like to see them all diversify, if Krakoa were still going Speed and Wiccan should be on Krakoa, and since Trial of Magneto could have had a relationship with their grandfather and aunt again. These days it feels like only Kate and maybe America get any appearances, except Teddy being an Emperor.
    Kate's appearances are sadly becoming more and more uncommon. Outside her appearances in the "It's Jeff" series Kate's not had much time to shine lately. I hope she gets something good in 2024. I don't know how I'd feel about Tommy being on Krakoa. On one hand he rarely appears already. But if he's with the X-Men and mutants his chances of being killed off for drama increases immensely. Didn't David recently die?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just want her in the Stature suit again. I don't like her in a helmet.
    LOL that's your takeaway after my deep, amazing essay analysis on her Stinger suit. In all seriousness I agree with this. Stature is far superior and iconic. And with Janet and Nadia both as Wasps now would be the perfect time for her to bench Stinger to stand out more...pardon the pun. The only thing is even though Stature is more unique, well known, and aesthetically cooler with that domino mask, Stinger is more versatile and technically more advance. If they switch her back to Stature I could see her keeping the helmet ala Hank's Giant-Man in the Kurt Busiek era.

I wonder if they switched her back to Stature would she keep the color purple? Similar to her appearance in Unstoppable Wasp in Nadia's party? I could see them doing that just because they've associated her with the color now especially after Quantumania and her dad and Nadia already use red in their suits. I'd love to see what a modern day Stature suit would look like today. Just give her the converse chucks and I'm sold
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 02-01-2024 at 07:25 AM.

Wasn't the Unstoppable Wasp appearance a case of her not having her costume, and thus not having access to her newer Stinger powers? Her wings and helmet are tech after all, but when she got them her old Stature powers - the size changing - were restored as well, which she doesn't need her costume to use. Of course that issue probably did it that way because as Stinger, her powers are virtually identical to Nadia's. The main differences between the two are their personalities and their team affiliations.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-01-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't the Unstoppable Wasp appearance a case of her not having her costume, and thus not having access to her newer Stinger powers? Her wings and helmet are tech after all, but when she got them her old Stature powers - the size changing - were restored as well, which she doesn't need her costume to use. Of course that issue probably did it that way because as Stinger, her powers are virtually identical to Nadia's. The main differences between the two are their personalities and their team affiliations.
    Cassie was the one who planned that party in that location where crime was taking place purposely looking for a excuse for all the teen heroes to team up and battle. I would think she'd have her tech with her knowing a crime was likely to happen. I chalk it up to the writer not knowing about Stinger which goes back to Stature being the more well known identity. Even in the movies everyone is assuming she's just a purple Stature which is where she was leaning towards. They might as well just go with it.

The only issue is something I talked about in another thread. If she goes big again the likelihood of her jobbing constantly increases. Most comics nowadays have shown that shrinking small is better then growing big for the Pym Particle heroes. Stature or any Giant-Man/Goliath character would need an extra power boost to work today.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 02-01-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

I like the idea that Cassie is the one most likely to go big *or* small, as the situation calls for, while Janet, Nadia and Scott (and Rita) are more prone to sticking to tiny flying zapper (and Raz and Bill/Tom are more likely to stick to giant form, even if they can also shrink if they want to). It gives her a neat twist since other growing characters like Raz and Tom aren't going to bust out shrinking, wings, zaps or bug communication as handily as she can.

In a way, it makes her seem the most 'Pym-like' of the various legacies, most of whom have specialized in one direction or the other. She's said 'yes!' to both roles as Stature and Stinger, and doesn't seem to care if that 'muddles her brand.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the idea that Cassie is the one most likely to go big *or* small, as the situation calls for, while Janet, Nadia and Scott (and Rita) are more prone to sticking to tiny flying zapper (and Raz and Bill/Tom are more likely to stick to giant form, even if they can also shrink if they want to). It gives her a neat twist since other growing characters like Raz and Tom aren't going to bust out shrinking, wings, zaps or bug communication as handily as she can.

In a way, it makes her seem the most 'Pym-like' of the various legacies, most of whom have specialized in one direction or the other. She's said 'yes!' to both roles as Stature and Stinger, and doesn't seem to care if that 'muddles her brand.'
    It's interesting that we're in a age where many new fans who got in via the MCU will view Scott Lang as Giant-Man, yet in the comics his achievements as Giant-Man are few and far. Compared to Hank Pym, Bill Foster, Atlas, and his own daughter Cassie, Scott's time growing is very small.

But as for Cassie's identities I've said this many times, when she shrinks her suit should take on the Stinger look, when she grows it should take on the Stature one. Ala Janet from Marvel Adventures when she was Giant-Girl/Wasp. I'd love to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Kate's appearances are sadly becoming more and more uncommon. Outside her appearances in the "It's Jeff" series Kate's not had much time to shine lately. I hope she gets something good in 2024. I don't know how I'd feel about Tommy being on Krakoa. On one hand he rarely appears already. But if he's with the X-Men and mutants his chances of being killed off for drama increases immensely. Didn't David recently die?
    Bring back the hip holes.
    LOL that's your takeaway after my deep, amazing essay analysis on her Stinger suit. In all seriousness I agree with this. Stature is far superior and iconic. And with Janet and Nadia both as Wasps now would be the perfect time for her to bench Stinger to stand out more...pardon the pun. The only thing is even though Stature is more unique, well known, and aesthetically cooler with that domino mask, Stinger is more versatile and technically more advance. If they switch her back to Stature I could see her keeping the helmet ala Hank's Giant-Man in the Kurt Busiek era.

I wonder if they switched her back to Stature would she keep the color purple? Similar to her appearance in Unstoppable Wasp in Nadia's party? I could see them doing that just because they've associated her with the color now especially after Quantumania and her dad and Nadia already use red in their suits. I'd love to see what a modern day Stature suit would look like today. Just give her the converse chucks and I'm sold
    I feel like domino mask + ponytail is visually more appealing than a clunky helmet.

But they probably would keep her purple since her dad has red and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bring back the hip holes.

I feel like domino mask + ponytail is visually more appealing than a clunky helmet.

But they probably would keep her purple since her dad has red and black.
    100% on the hip holes. Kate's not Kate without them.

Agreed on ponytail and domino mask vs clunky helmet. I'd only argue the helmet's purpose to control insects makes it not useless. And now I wanna see what a full time Purple Stature would look like in the books.

Ultimate Member

100% on the hip holes. Kate's not Kate without them.

Agreed on ponytail and domino mask vs clunky helmet. I'd only argue the helmet's purpose to control insects makes it not useless. And now I wanna see what a full time Purple Stature would look like in the books.
    It's entirely possible that a refinement of the ant-control tech could make it smaller and function as a collar or headband or something that frames her face but leaves her face and hair exposed.

It's not like Pym tech isn't easy to *miniaturize.* That's kind of a thing it does!

The helmet probably serves another purpose besides the insect control and communications - it also keeps her long hair away from her wings! In the 90s, Nova Richard Rider had hair as long as Cassie's, and it was not covered by his helmet (of course, he doesn't need wings to fly, so it didn't interfere with his powers). Cassie must tuck it in whenever she puts her helmet on. The thing about the Stinger costume of course is that it wasn't originally designed for the long haired 616 Cassie, but for her adult MC2 counterpart, whose hair was short.

If they wanted to give her a domino mask again, I guess it would be possible for the insect control and communications tech to be in earpieces. But there's a practical reason why both Wasps have short hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

The helmet probably serves another purpose besides the insect control and communications - it also keeps her long hair away from her wings!
    Ooh, good point! I work around fast-moving machinery and long hair, loose clothes, dangly jewelry are definite no-no's! A tiny bit of versimillitude is always welcome in an otherwise fantastic and 'must suspend all the disbelief' sort of world of gods and mutants and monsters and aliens and time travelers and witch aunties dating robots?

The helmet probably serves another purpose besides the insect control and communications - it also keeps her long hair away from her wings! In the 90s, Nova Richard Rider had hair as long as Cassie's, and it was not covered by his helmet (of course, he doesn't need wings to fly, so it didn't interfere with his powers). Cassie must tuck it in whenever she puts her helmet on. The thing about the Stinger costume of course is that it wasn't originally designed for the long haired 616 Cassie, but for her adult MC2 counterpart, whose hair was short.

If they wanted to give her a domino mask again, I guess it would be possible for the insect control and communications tech to be in earpieces. But there's a practical reason why both Wasps have short hair.
    But this is comics, practicality only matters when the writers want it too .

Nadia just has Hope's hair from her first movie.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

That's a shame about Kate. I hope the YA all get a chance to shine or a proper reunion soon. I think most of these characters work better as a team together or in cool mashups with other characters, like Billy and Teddy did on Al Ewing's New Avengers working with the likes of Sunspot. I probably should have phrased my comment better regarding Tommy and Billy in saying Krakoa pre Fall of X because I just feel we didn't get enough chance to get fun Lehnsherr/Maximoff family drama between Children's Crusade and Sixis, and Trial of Magneto gave an in for them on Krakoa to reconnect with Erik and Lorna. After how cool their family reunion was in Children's Crusade, I'd just like to see them interact more with their perennially correct terrorist grandpa :P Also I suppose David is dead but also isn't lol.

I found this on Twitter by @pedrogkatfan. It's the perfect example of what a purple Stature could look like...minus the domino mask. You can probably guess what I love most that they added to the suit. It makes it perfect.

GFC5mMEXgAAIgMU.jpg

I found this on Twitter by @pedrogkatfan. It's the perfect example of what a purple Stature could look like...minus the domino mask. You can probably guess what I love most that they added to the suit. It makes it perfect.

GFC5mMEXgAAIgMU.jpg
    This looks pretty good .

GFC5mMEXgAAIgMU.jpg
    She actually had that look in Unstoppable Wasp.