View Poll Results: Should Abomination become the host for the Venom symbiote?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way. Not in a million years

18 90.00%
  • What a weird thought. How about Yes.

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We'll see. I see Emil Blonsky as less of a Hulk villain. I personally believed that Blonsky's hatred towards Banner/Hulk is misplaced. No support towards blaming Banner over becoming The Abomination. Blonsky appearance as The Abomination is the direct result of the personal tragedy he felt Richard Parker and Natasha Romanov were responsible for the death of his people in Yugoslavia. Plenty of story potential to Emil Blonsky's past being flushed out toward his ties to Richard Parker and The Black Widow...
    Marvel Comics decides what happens with its characters. Their origins, their histories, their relationships, EVERYTHING.

You, on the other hand, are neither Marvel Comics nor an employee of it. Marvel and its employees have no idea that you exist, let alone have any inkling of your..."ideas." I can't say anything more without risking getting banned from these forums.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm still waiting for this story where Blonsky's family interacted with Peter Parker's.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Marvel Comics decides what happens with its characters. Their origins, their histories, their relationships, EVERYTHING.

You, on the other hand, are neither Marvel Comics nor an employee of it. Marvel and its employees have no idea that you exist, let alone have any inkling of your..."ideas." I can't say anything more without risking getting banned from these forums.
    Everything about comics are made up stories as they go along. This is just a discussion. Fiction, which are made up stories. But based on the past stories that Marvel has published, anything goes. If I was working for Marvel, I would not be allowed to publish my thoughts and ideas on the CBR forums. Everyone has the right to speculate on the direction of the stories that Marvel published. This is why we are here to talk about. Sometimes the best stories are from the writers who create crazy ideas that doesn't make sense....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-05-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Everything about comics are made up stories as they go along. This is just a discussion. Fiction, which are made up stories. But based on the past stories that Marvel has published, anything goes. If I was working for Marvel, I would not be allowed to publish my thoughts and ideas on the CBR forums. Everyone has the right to speculate on the direction of the stories that Marvel published. This is why we are here to talk about. Sometimes the best stories are from the writers who create crazy ideas that doesn't make sense....
    See, I get that. One thing I might suggest to you though is the way you present your ideas. You say your stuff like it's fact. I think that's where a lot of your pushback comes from.

Instead of saying something like, "Nick Fury taught Cyclops's little league baseball team," you might want to phrase it more like "They could introduce the idea that Nick Fury taught Cyclops's little league baseball team," or "The story could reveal that Nick Fury blah blah etc etc."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    See, I get that. One thing I might suggest to you though is the way you present your ideas. You say your stuff like it's fact. I think that's where a lot of your pushback comes from.

Instead of saying something like, "Nick Fury taught Cyclops's little league baseball team," you might want to phrase it more like "They could introduce the idea that Nick Fury taught Cyclops's little league baseball team," or "The story could reveal that Nick Fury blah blah etc etc."
    This is good advice.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love reading/discussing DF's random pairings, but yeah, it'd be more fun if there was an actual plan behind it rather than "it should turn out that the Phoenix was Spidey's Mum" or "Black Cat should marry Ego, the Living Planet" with no qualifier or follow up as to why it's a good, or even interesting, idea or what it could lead to. At least work out a vague storyline to chat about.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!