View Poll Results: Should Abomination become the host for the Venom symbiote?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way. Not in a million years

18 90.00%
  • What a weird thought. How about Yes.

3 15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why are acting like the symbiotes can reverse gamma mutations?
    The symbiote had healing properties in the 1st Ultimate Universe. So I guess DarthFury78 wanted to bring that over. I'm fine with Emil just having both his gamma form and a symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Abomination is connected directly to Peter's father, Richard Parker as well as The Black Widow. There is more to the story, But it's safe to stay that Abomination has less of a vendetta towards The Hulk. More towards Richard Parker and Natasha Romanov respectively on a tragic matter that led Emil towards the path of becoming The Abomination. Thus, Peter Parker(by extension) is Abomination's target to kill by acts of vengeance towards the surviving Parker family tree which he hopes to make extinct...
    None of that is remotely true. Your fanfiction ideas are not, and never have been, canon. Emil Blonsky never met Peter's parents, and neither did Black Widow. Stop making stuff up and trying to pass off your head canon as actual Marvel history.

Personally, I would rather there be one symbiote. Marvel always overkill a good thing. Abomination should had been Venom from the start of ASM issue #300.
    I'm okay with two maybe technically three: Venom, Carnage, and the semi-symbiote Anti-Venom (mainly for Flash). All the others can vanish.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    None of that is remotely true. Your fanfiction ideas are not, and never have been, canon. Emil Blonsky never met Peter's parents, and neither did Black Widow. Stop making stuff up and trying to pass off your head canon as actual Marvel history.
    I was wondering what the hell is going on because the only character to meet Peter's parents and Natasha is Wolverine.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    We'll see. I see Emil Blonsky as less of a Hulk villain. I personally believed that Blonsky's hatred towards Banner/Hulk is misplaced. No support towards blaming Banner over becoming The Abomination. Blonsky appearance as The Abomination is the direct result of the personal tragedy he felt Richard Parker and Natasha Romanov were responsible for the death of his people in Yugoslavia. Plenty of story potential to Emil Blonsky's past being flushed out toward his ties to Richard Parker and The Black Widow...

Fantastic Member

Agreed. Venom, Carnage, Scream, Anti-Toxin, and maybe Red Goblin are the only symbiotes Marvel needs. When you get too many it becomes less special. Last year they brought back the weird Madness symbiote from Ann Nocenti's weird 90s mini-series. That struck me as a bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Agreed. Venom, Carnage, Scream, Anti-Toxin, and maybe Red Goblin are the only symbiotes Marvel needs. When you get too many it becomes less special. Last year they brought back the weird Madness symbiote from Ann Nocenti's weird 90s mini-series. That struck me as a bridge too far.
    Just Venom and Carnage, get rid of the rest.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Abomination is connected directly to Peter's father, Richard Parker as well as The Black Widow. There is more to the story, But it's safe to stay that Abomination has less of a vendetta towards The Hulk. More towards Richard Parker and Natasha Romanov respectively on a tragic matter that led Emil towards the path of becoming The Abomination. Thus, Peter Parker(by extension) is Abomination's target to kill by acts of vengeance towards the surviving Parker family tree which he hopes to make extinct...

It would be different to have a bad guy pick a new archenemy, but I don't see Abomination being a good fit for the Spider-Man comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Not quite the same but one of the highlights of the Absolute Carnage crossover was Banner's/Hulk's personalities at the time (Bruce, Humanized Joe Fixit, Savage and Devil Hulk) all having a meeting inside his "mindscape" with the Venom symbiote. Hulk's head is already crowded as is so they're debating adding him to their "system".

Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-03-2024 at 10:20 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm not entirely sure but I think the two have only met once in an Amazing Annual with She-Hulk during Atlantis attacks. This was actually during a weird era when Abomination and Blonsky are separated, but Tyrannus is possessing Abomination's body.

The two are re-emerged and Tyrannus gets his original body back, but Blonsky's persona doesn't quite emerge just yet and the Abomination is mindless this issue. He gains his memory/intelligence back in some other comic.

Nevertheless I guess this issue was popular enough to get a figure set in 2000's "Classic Clashes" figure line.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-03-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Also Blonsky/Abomination himself is actually a symbiote of a sort now-a sort of Gamma-activated'biological armor' as Walter Langowski said.

In the Immortal Hulk comics Abomination's remains were made into Subject B, first used by a revived Rick Jones (or the Leader possessing him) for a brief time (as he was more 'compatible' having been an Abomination like creature as "A-bomb") and then General Fortean.

Later Fortean is killed, but Blonsky emerges in the suit possessing Fortean's corpse but also able to recreate his old face using the gamma tissue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm not entirely sure but I think the two have only met once in an Amazing Annual with She-Hulk during Atlantis attacks. This was actually during a weird era when Abomination and Blonsky are separated, but Tyrannus is possessing Abomination's body.

The two are re-emerged and Tyrannus gets his original body back, but Blonsky's persona doesn't quite emerge just yet and the Abomination is mindless this issue. He gains his memory/intelligence back in some other comic.

Nevertheless I guess this issue was popular enough to get a figure set in 2000's "Classic Clashes" figure line.
    Oh, Marvel annuals. I remember back when they actually had quality writing and art.

It's Liefeld but the above panels are some of his better work, although this is also the annual where we got hair like this:

We'll see. I see Emil Blonsky as less of a Hulk villain. I personally believed that Blonsky's hatred towards Banner/Hulk is misplaced. No support towards blaming Banner over becoming The Abomination. Blonsky appearance as The Abomination is the direct result of the personal tragedy he felt Richard Parker and Natasha Romanov were responsible for the death of his people in Yugoslavia. Plenty of story potential to Emil Blonsky's past being flushed out toward his ties to Richard Parker and The Black Widow...
    This is certainly an original idea…