Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Yup, so Xavier's plan will fail in the end. They'll want the elements like Iron Man's run to stay in continiuty after all.
    I don't think they'll be able to retcon the entirety of the X-Men history but instead alter aspects of the current age maybe. If they eliminate Moira as a child then it unravels history, and Rachel won't allow that to happen as she guards the Sacred Timeline

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think they'll be able to retcon the entirety of the X-Men history but instead alter aspects of the current age maybe. If they eliminate Moira as a child then it unravels history, and Rachel won't allow that to happen as she guards the Sacred Timeline
    Honestly that could certainly be an option.

Cherry pick the best and popular stories/moments of the past 24 years to be still canon in a certain way, but trim the fat of the terrible status quos and bad editorial decisions to present a more servicable timeline and feeling of the universe.

Like Genosha still got destroyed, but most of it's population was evacuated in time.
    So instead of a story about how anti-mutant sentiment increase because 16 million of them were just wiped out by a WMD (which arguably made no sense, compared to how everyone should be in shock that a nation destroying giant robot could have been build and deployed in secrecy), tensions would have instead come from the many refugees that now had to find a new home and the question which nation would refuse or accept them and for what reason.

Then House of M and Decimination occured but only 10 to 20% of the world's mutant population lost their powers, which with the surviving genoshas mentioned above would still be 1.6 to 3.2 million people. Still making it a tragedy and causing the school to lose many of it's students.
    However if the effect that no new mutants would be born anymore, because the X-gene disappeared (meaning "No MORE mutants"), was still intact there would still be a sense of extinction (more like Children of Men) which would then warrant the "messiah" story around Hope and the creation of X-force, but without being as drastic and constraining as the original one.

And then most of the stuff after Messiah War (like IvX) gets thrown in the bin for a completely new set of events.

Though on the flipside, rather than creating new series which will fill in the blanks and tell new adventures in this status quo, it will likely all happen within a single big one-shot.

"X-men: The Altered history. Variant covery by *insert 10 artist names here*"
    40 pages, 25 of them white info graphic ones, 10 showing pannels of the altered history and 5 being a backup story about Wolverine.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Honestly that could certainly be an option.

Cherry pick the best and popular stories/moments of the past 24 years to be still canon in a certain way, but trim the fat of the terrible status quos and bad editorial decisions to present a more servicable timeline and feeling of the universe.

Like Genosha still got destroyed, but most of it's population was evacuated in time.
    So instead of a story about how anti-mutant sentiment increase because 16 million of them were just wiped out by a WMD (which arguably made no sense, compared to how everyone should be in shock that a nation destroying giant robot could have been build and deployed in secrecy), tensions would have instead come from the many refugees that now had to find a new home and the question which nation would refuse or accept them and for what reason.

Then House of M and Decimination occured but only 10 to 20% of the world's mutant population lost their powers, which with the surviving genoshas mentioned above would still be 1.6 to 3.2 million people. Still making it a tragedy and causing the school to lose many of it's students.
    However if the effect that no new mutants would be born anymore, because the X-gene disappeared (meaning "No MORE mutants"), was still intact there would still be a sense of extinction (more like Children of Men) which would then warrant the "messiah" story around Hope and the creation of X-force, but without being as drastic and constraining as the original one.

And then most of the stuff after Messiah War (like IvX) gets thrown in the bin for a completely new set of events.

Though on the flipside, rather than creating new series which will fill in the blanks and tell new adventures in this status quo, it will likely all happen within a single big one-shot.

"X-men: The Altered history. Variant covery by *insert 10 artist names here*"
    40 pages, 25 of them white info graphic ones, 10 showing pannels of the altered history and 5 being a backup story about Wolverine.
    I think we'll end up seeing Rachel be the antagonist to Xavier's reality resetting plans (in a good way). I really don't see the entire timeline being at play with Moira as soon much would have to be retconned in small ways across the entire company and I don't see Brevoort advocating it. Certain things might have a twist or a memory black out but I don't see them erasing X-Men Red, X-Men, or the impact of the most refect Gala. I could be wrong but it feels like a dumb company decision to do so.

Liked this issue quite a lot. Brand's storyline is one of my favourite ones in the Krakoan Age, sadly it was interrupted because of X-Men: Red's abrupt end, so it was great to have at least some conclusion to it with a demonstration of the timeline where Abigail's plan gone horribly right.

Ultimate Member

Some of the bits about protecting the sacred timeliness sound almost like a precog like Destiny, we'd have no way of knowing if Rachel was telling the whole truth or manipulating things, whether intentional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Some of the bits about protecting the sacred timeliness sound almost like a precog like Destiny, we'd have no way of knowing if Rachel was telling the whole truth or manipulating things, whether intentional or not.
    The difference is Rachel is a hero. Destiny is a villain.

Ultimate Member

So, doesn't mean that she'd be perhaps above using that knowledge to her benefit or maybe trying to change things for the better in her eyes.

So, doesn't mean that she'd be perhaps above using that knowledge to her benefit or maybe trying to change things for the better in her eyes.
    yeah this is why I would trust 0% of people with time powers/precog... of course you are changeing things for the better... in your point of view.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveGorn View Post
    Liked this issue quite a lot. Brand's storyline is one of my favourite ones in the Krakoan Age, sadly it was interrupted because of X-Men: Red's abrupt end, so it was great to have at least some conclusion to it with a demonstration of the timeline where Abigail's plan gone horribly right.
    S.W.O.R.D. Not X-Men Red, right?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    yeah this is why I would trust 0% of people with time powers/precog... of course you are changeing things for the better... in your point of view.
    Yes but we all do that, even without precog powers.
    Rachel being a hero we have to trust she's going to do the right thing, yeah. That's the point of heroism.

Ultimate Member

We don't have to trust anything, and the right thing according to whom, so no I wouldn't trade Rachel any more than I would Destiny or Layla.

We don't have to trust anything, and the right thing according to whom, so no I wouldn't trade Rachel any more than I would Destiny or Layla.
    So you don't trust any heroic character cause they're doing the right thing according to them ?

I'm sorry that's a weird discussion anyways let's move on XD

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. Not X-Men Red, right?
    X-Men Red continued this storyline, but only through the issue #10.
    Hope that Gillen will provide more info about Stellaris in Rise of the Powers of X, seems quite possible that he manipulated Shi'ar politics for a long time, maybe Gabriel's rise to power as well.

Ultimate Member

Because most if not all characters that can know or see the future have in the end tried to alter things going forward to their advantage, regardless of how heroic they are. And Rachel isn't squeaky clean heroic either.

I mean if I had to choose between trusting Rachel and Charles I'm choosing Rachel. I love Chuck but we've seen him making moves on his own without informing others. Nevertheless, despite them lightly bumping heads over the team Rachel chose, they seem to be very much on the same page regarding the mission. Finding a specific Moira at a specific time frame. Hopefully we get more insight on how this whole structure of his team came together.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!