Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I just took it as knowledge is memory of learned behavior.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Moira is aiming for Dominion status herself.

I like it for the most part, although I feel Cannonball should be leader here, because I am sorry but Frenzy's redemption arch has never really worked for me, and she wasn't particularly a tactical leader like Sam is. Otherwise good issue, I hope that Foxe is the one writer that Brevoort actually has a book for in the new era, because between Dark, Dead, and Unlimited I feel like he has been killing it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I like it for the most part, although I feel Cannonball should be leader here, because I am sorry but Frenzy's redemption arch has never really worked for me, and she wasn't particularly a tactical leader like Sam is. Otherwise good issue, I hope that Foxe is the one writer that Brevoort actually has a book for in the new era, because between Dark, Dead, and Unlimited I feel like he has been killing it.
    I like Foxe a ton, but this felt a little "meh" to me. I never even picked up on Frenzy being a "leader" (though she was amazing in Sword/Red), and I love how Arakko was so included. I'll keep reading, but this didn't completely floor me

Oh I def can see Frenzy as a leader. But I feel like althought she made some statements. Everyone hear was capable.

Also Sam was portrayed well IMO

And if you all didnt read Mike Carey's run. He did great with her arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Oh I def can see Frenzy as a leader. But I feel like althought she made some statements. Everyone hear was capable.

Also Sam was portrayed well IMO

And if you all didnt read Mike Carey's run. He did great with her arc.
    Was that the run where a depowered Magneto exploited a logical weakness in her powers by applying a medical laser to her eyes (lightwaves needs to be able to penetrate the lenses or else she would be blind) or a later one he did with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Was that the run where a depowered Magneto exploited a logical weakness in her powers by applying a medical laser to her eyes (lightwaves needs to be able to penetrate the lenses or else she would be blind) or a later one he did with her?
    Age of X and the aftermath. But she was already beyond Magneto and Xaviers beliefs. I'm pretty sure other writers have hinted at her change in other titles.

I was confused about Moira saying that Mysterium was the last thing she needed but what she picked up was broken shards of the M'Kraan Crystal (that fell from the ship when new Smasher smashed it). Anyone understand that part?

Spectacular Member

Will wait till tomorrow to collect this issue. Did anyone get the Hellfire Gala variant or the standard cover?

I want to live in that alternate reality where Al Ewing wrote Sins of Sinister: Sunspot and the Starjammers.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Looking completely crazy, she says, "Everythin' I need to cut a path back to my very first life, start all over again and make sure Moira always wins."
    I was enjoying this comic, right up until this last page.

Complicated Moira I like, but moustache-twirling villain Moira is a hard no for me.

A shame because everything else about the issue felt like an X-men comic - from the banter, the self seriousness, and the standard X-men trope of a splashpage showing who is a member of an X-team. Not once, not twice, but three times in a single issue does Foxe do that by showing us the Dead X-men, then Brand's X-men, and finally the Starjammers.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Moira and her pegleg are giving me NuAhab vibez!

Amazing Member

I wish they had actually given Jubilee something to do. She’s so underutilized, in general.

I think it will spotlight the others in next issues and beyond.

But yeah specifically Jubilee.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    I wish they had actually given Jubilee something to do. She’s so underutilized, in general.
    That's funny considering how much Jubilee been utilized on X-terminators. I'm not even worrying about how she'll do in this book. It's characters like Frenzy and Prodigy I'll be worrying about. On the Transcript posted, Rachel put too much confident in David. Will Foxe prove it in 4 books?