Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    In terms of Frenzy's moral compass, I do believe that she is changed after what happened to her with Age of X. She had a sort of awakening and it was the turning point in her life.

But I can understand the trepidation with how easily she's been accepted because everyone was pretty quickly buddy buddy with her. Most villain to hero story arcs (even for um... mass murderers and such) come with the typical resistance from characters and I guess we haven't gotten much of that.

It's been over a decade now though, so I think anyone who isn't ok with it is just going to be shouting on a hill.
    Haha ten+ years already ? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    You make some good points.I liked her fine in Legacy as a wanabee hero. Also I haven't read Dead yet, so maybe there still is a bit of mistrust. It's just a bit weird to see her lead an X-team.
    (I never read that Emma story so I believe your words on it XD)
    That's mostly my point now though, regardless of how I feel about her lack of a redemption narrative, having her lead an X-squad over people who have actually done it before and should be more trustworthy to be given that position is weird to me. I did enjoy the rest of the issue though, is just with Frenzy is hard for me to have her in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Haha ten+ years already ? Wow.
    My main issue right now though is less her being an X-Men and more being given a leadership position considering the other members in that team.

Incredible Member

In terms of Frenzy's moral compass, I do believe that she is changed after what happened to her with Age of X. She had a sort of awakening and it was the turning point in her life.

But I can understand the trepidation with how easily she's been accepted because everyone was pretty quickly buddy buddy with her. Most villain to hero story arcs (even for um... mass murderers and such) come with the typical resistance from characters and I guess we haven't gotten much of that.

It's been over a decade now though, so I think anyone who isn't ok with it is just going to be shouting on a hill.
    There has been a surprising lack of resistance to villains being 'reformed' during the Krakoan era. Maybe it can be explained away as Xavier instilling a 'free love' mentality when he first did the Krakoan language dump into peoples's heads.

Except for Selene - the heroes still seem to have problems with her.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    There has been a surprising lack of resistance to villains being 'reformed' during the Krakoan era. Maybe it can be explained away as Xavier instilling a 'free love' mentality when he first did the Krakoan language dump into peoples's heads.

They didn’t start off having problems with Selene… it’s just that she kept on eating people and betrayed Krakoa on multiple occasions.

I think overall that was part of the biggest criticism for the Krakoan era. Realistic character interactions were sidelined to drive the story forward unfortunately. They could have (and should have) mined so much rich history, good and bad, to flesh out the Krakoan dynamics more satisfyingly.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

With respects to Frenzy, she was an early X-Factor villain, an Acolyte and she was forced into the X-Men during that last fight with Magneto before Morrison took over. Even with the AXIS like inversion after Age of X, I would say her absence in the books and like of being a stand-out villain like Juggernaut helped with her being accepted in universe and in real life.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Can someone explain the Moira Engine shenanigans to me and what Xavier's plan is exactly?

First: Rise of the Powers of X had the chart where the Moira Engine is a loop created by Enigma to ensure its creation, where the branching Sinister timelines (MR, Stasis, Sinister, and Orbis) fed knowledge back into the loop. Is the "Moira Engine II.4" terminology in this issue just another way of saying "Orbis Timeline" (just a way to refer to some of the branching timelines off of the engine loop)?

Second: The Xavier-Rachel transcript tells us that Xavier needs a biological Moira mind, so that he can speak to Moira before she manifests her powers, and they have to be successful on the first try.

Again, referring to the Rise of the Powers of X flowchart, presumably Xavier wants to travel to Point A (Moira's power manifests at age 13), prior to Moira lives 1-9 and Moira's 10th life (where Enigma exists). Isn't the point of Dominion that they exist across all time, and thus can't be prevented once they are in existence? (Dominions aren't linear, unlike Beyonders and normal characters). Enigma should theoretically still stretch prior to the point C (Moira engine) all the way to Point A (Moira's gift activates).

I get that if Moira never had powers, there would never be a Moira engine. But Xavier is not just traveling to the point pre-Moira engine and pre-Moira turning into a robot (otherwise he could just travel to the time where he is sitting on the park bench while Moira reveals her lives, since that would be pre-robot and pre-Moira engine). That implies that time travel to the past (point A) could ensure Enigma doesn't come online, but Xavier is worried that Enigma will get them if they don't get Point A right .... which implies that Enigma should still be a threat even in the past ... which implies that Enigma exists across all space and time .... which implies that Enigma can't be stopped .... etc.

So I guess my main question is:
    1. What kind of information would Moira have that would theoretically affect things in his fight against Enigma?
    2. Why does he need to specifically get to her at a specific time before her power manifests? The flow chart mentions her power activates at age 13, but realistically, he could approach her at age 5, or even when she is age 1 year old, when she theoretically already has the knowledge of her past lives, but just not the power to reset the timeline if she dies.
    3. How exactly does changing Moira prior to her power activating prevent Enigma, if Enigma exists across all time and space (so changing the past shouldn't change its existence theoretically)?
    It's written on the wall in the last issue of Immortal X-men and Rise #1, but I'm gonna wait 2 months until my hunch about who Traitor X is proves wrong. (or worse, right) Xavier wants to travel to where she wasn't depowered, but some of the sinsterized timelines are after her cybernetics. (Including the one on this issue) The loop blocks the team from traveling into a point before the Dominion and Moira engine manifested. So...it's hard to find a non sinsterized timeline.

Marvel.com:
    What You Need to Know for 'Dead X-Men'
    Here's everything you need to know about 'Dead X-Men,' including the team's members, their critical mission, and the villain hot on their heels.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...u-need-to-know
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #238 - Steve Foxe Discusses 'Dead X-Men' #1

#XMenMonday #XMen #FallOfX #DeadXMen #Krakoa

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I went into this with no expectations but bought it for Dazzler, Jubliee, Rachel and Cannoball. I just read it on my lunch break and I really loved it. Can't wait for #2!

Ultimate Member

If they succeed then wouldn't everything that's happened since the start of the Krakoa age be undone. So no resurrections or galas or Beast going bad, the whole Sinister mess, relationships...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If they succeed then wouldn't everything that's happened since the start of the Krakoa age be undone. So no resurrections or galas or Beast going bad, the whole Sinister mess, relationships...
    Preventing the other Sinister's dominion ascension might undo most of Post Inferno(Where Essex likely started the Moira Engine).

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yup, so Xavier's plan will fail in the end. They'll want the elements like Iron Man's run to stay in continiuty after all.

Astonishing Member

Pretty much. At some point I’ll give up on Dakken suddenly going from the Purple Man levels of rapist to the Wolverine family’s cool big brother with barely a pause in between or any sense of remorse.