Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wolverine 42: sabertooth war part 2

Logan is caught by 80 somting creeds.

Shapshifter Creed knockers out domino. And is immediately beat by laura but preaty boy and girl Creed save him. They fight 3 v 1 but it's preaty much girl Creed hard carrying the fight. Domino stuns her and laura kills preay boy. But girl Creed being mvp saves shapshift.

Cap Creed and 3 creeds vs colossus. Colossus begins beating creeds to death.

Main Creed is killing random people. But Northstar and Aura step in. Wake up black tom, and he forces the creeds to retreat

Logan is tied up but escapes by ripping his hands and feet off. He rushes to save laura....

He's to late. The creeds kidnapped her all that's left is her bood covered birthday gift.

I need to get this off my chest first. I can stomach most of the violence but not when it comes to children/young mutants. That's a dealbreaker for me so hopefully we're done with that going forward and the focus is on the adults.

That said, this had me on the edge of my seat. Thank God for Aurora and Northstar! Great heroic moment for them. I'm glad the tide turned fairly quickly. Laura's kill was very satisfying and though I was hoping to see Colossus smash some heads, I'm good with Black Tom obliterating so many of the Sabreteeth. The way Logan escaped... my goodness. The art was great and I especially loved that page of the villains lunging at Piotr. Good stuff and looking forward to the next issue. Peak horror.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Damn they really were telling the truth about this being the most violent Wolverine story ever.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I really hope they don’t do anything too gratuitous with Laura now that she’s been kidnapped. She did have a strong showing against the Sabretooth’s but it’s been hard times for Laura fans.

Agree on the stuff with the kids… I could have gone w/o that. This issue did feel more Percy than LaValle. I need some larger themes to be introduced otherwise I can just wait on Unlimited to catch up on 10 issues of hyper-violence.

They did nail the horror vibes though… I was genuinely scared for everyone involved other than Logan and Piotr.

Hope Sabes die Hard and horrendous

Astonishing Member

I noticed one of the children Sabretooth killed was Artie, that sucks, shouldn't he be with the Future Foundation kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I noticed one of the children Sabretooth killed was Artie, that sucks, shouldn't he be with the Future Foundation kids.
    I think that may have been this kid from Wolverine 18 but he does look similar to Artie.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Artie and Leech have the unfortunate situation where they are on one hand a semi-permanent presence in the Fanastic Four books and good friends with their kids, but that doesn't stop editors from allowing X-men writers to write them getting abducted and harmed at the same time without interference by the FF.

Also wasn't he killed in Madripor in an unlimited story a while ago too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Artie and Leech have the unfortunate situation where they are on one hand a semi-permanent presence in the Fanastic Four books and good friends with their kids, but that doesn't stop editors from allowing X-men writers to write them getting abducted and harmed at the same time without interference by the FF.

Also wasn't he killed in Madripor in an unlimited story a while ago too?
    No he just had his fingers cut off by Dr Frankenstein

Is Northstar going to be featured in this story or was it a cameo?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I need to get this off my chest first. I can stomach most of the violence but not when it comes to children/young mutants. That's a dealbreaker for me so hopefully we're done with that going forward and the focus is on the adults.

That said, this had me on the edge of my seat. Thank God for Aurora and Northstar! Great heroic moment for them. I'm glad the tide turned fairly quickly. Laura's kill was very satisfying and though I was hoping to see Colossus smash some heads, I'm good with Black Tom obliterating so many of the Sabreteeth. The way Logan escaped... my goodness. The art was great and I especially loved that page of the villains lunging at Piotr. Good stuff and looking forward to the next issue. Peak horror.
    that took me aback, and it wasn't a rando either

Creed is gonna get it and get it hard, I hope his comeuppance is great

Spectacular Member

I want to see just how bad this go with Percy's bloodlust. Creed is spawn camping like a murder hobo lunatic (totally in character). The kill count keeps increasing on each panel. We know this is just about ruining Logan's life again.

As for Young Laura: Someone in a different comic book discussion brought this up if they kill off Young Laura, "I guess now we know how Laura's and Talon's personalities will merge.
    Or maybe when they attempt to resurrect Laura, the only personality they have will be Talon's, which will lead Marvel Comics to release a new series with this interpretation of the character!"

Percy is already my least favorite Krakoa era writer.

Very silly and uninspired script.
    Clearly, it's just Percy writing it.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    If anything happens to Laura, then I am done. What happened with Daken was bad enough (I don't really care about Quire).

And does anyone know who that child was that Sabretooth killed?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-31-2024 at 11:55 AM. Reason: i glazed over some pics in the thread that answered my question

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    spoilers:
    If anything happens to Laura, then I am done. What happened with Daken was bad enough (I don't really care about Quire).

And does anyone who that child was that Sabretooth killed?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Quire just want to see Phobe again....
    end of spoilers