Default DC power 2024 discussion

A place to discuss the DC Power 2024 anthology issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2024 at 11:33 AM.

Love how we finally got JLA's Bloodwynd's identity and his connection to the current Bloodwynd. I also enjoyed the new Who's Who pages. The stories were good as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Love how we finally got JLA's Bloodwynd's identity and his connection to the current Bloodwynd. I also enjoyed the new Who's Who pages. The stories were good as well.
    There are a lot of Thunder/Grace shippers on Twitter badmouthing and boycotting the comic because it casually broke the couple up off panel.

Default My thoughts as I read.

- far sector had a fun epilogue. I hope we get a season 2.
    -the pierce sister's day out was ruined by the condiment king. Fun choice and the Steels pop up.
    -bloodwynd's segment was confusing at first but I thought it was a good primer on the character.
    - Ridley had a good take on Val-Zod. I'd read a Val-zod solo on Earth 2.
    -black manta gets a good showcase. His characterization reminds me of the YJ cartoon.
    - Crispus Allen and Renee Montoya have a good team up. The Spectre and the Question should get a teamup book.
    -nubia's segment had a vague threat but it worked as a mr. Mxypltix guest spot.
    - wallace aka kid flash 3 had a good segment.
    - Mr. Terrific's segment also works as a backdoor pilot. One of the new characters Ray Thomas felt like he was mr. Terrific's protege all grown up.
    - Duke has a look at his future and it was a fun romp that reminded of the Batman Beyond/Static crossover from back in the day.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    - far sector had a fun epilogue. I hope we get a season 2.
    -the pierce sister's day out was ruined by the condiment king. Fun choice and the Steels pop up.
    -bloodwynd's segment was confusing at first but I thought it was a good primer on the character.
    - Ridley had a good take on Val-Zod. I'd read a Val-zod solo on Earth 2.
    -black manta gets a good showcase. His characterization reminds me of the YJ cartoon.
    - Crispus Allen and Renee Montoya have a good team up. The Spectre and the Question should get a teamup book.
    -nubia's segment had a vague threat but it worked as a mr. Mxypltix guest spot.
    - wallace aka kid flash 3 had a good segment.
    - Mr. Terrific's segment also works as a backdoor pilot. One of the new characters Ray Thomas felt like he was mr. Terrific's protege all grown up.
    - Duke has a look at his future and it was a fun romp that reminded of the Batman Beyond/Static crossover from back in the day.
    Considering the Golden Age ties that Michael Holt has to Terry Sloane, that fun bit about "Ray Thomas" HAS TO BE a nice homage and tip-of-the-hat to JSA scholar and all-around living legend Roy Thomas; neat!
    Last edited by Stingo; 01-31-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There are a lot of Thunder/Grace shippers on Twitter badmouthing and boycotting the comic because it casually broke the couple up off panel.
    When was the last time those two were together? Over 13 years ago? Bit late to be boycotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Considering the Golden Age ties that Michael Holt has to Terry Sloane, that fun bit about "Ray Thomas" HAS TO BE a nice homage and tip-of-the-hat to JSA scholar and all-around living legend Roy Thomas; neat!
    Nice catch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When was the last time those two were together? Over 13 years ago? Bit late to be boycotting.
    Last time they were together was in the 2022 Asian Festival special, where Anissa took Grace to meet her father.

That Jo story reminded me how much I liked Far Sector. Makes me want to read it again.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    That Jo story reminded me how much I liked Far Sector. Makes me want to read it again.
    Yeah, Far Sector was amazing and this was a fun little epilogue.

Along with World's Finest's annual this book really illustrated that we really need a good DC Universe anthology book starring underused characters.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!