Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which I have never understood, since I was a fan of both Ronald and Bozo the Clown going back to the late '60s as a preschooler.
    ^^^I think clowns are creepy in general, but I’m okay w. individual clowns.
    Like you said, growing up I never thought or knew anyone who thought, Ronald was creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which I have never understood, since I was a fan of both Ronald and Bozo the Clown going back to the late '60s as a preschooler.
    I never found him creepy. At least not on tv. But when I saw him in person he scared me. Maybe it was the guy playing him I dont know. I love Bozo as a kid.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I do chuckle that it was a local franchise that came up with Ronald and it caught fire by Kroc and we saw what we did. Wasn't Willard Scott the 1st Ronald ? I maybe remembering wrong here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I do chuckle that it was a local franchise that came up with Ronald and it caught fire by Kroc and we saw what we did. Wasn't Willard Scott the 1st Ronald ? I maybe remembering wrong here.
    He was you are right.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The sid and marty kroft lawsuit killed mcdonaldsland and all the fantasy stuff and the stupid college dimwits who dressed as clowns and got shot by cops a decade ago finished ronald off.

Shame as he really was a saturday morning cartoons staple. Note japan still used the japan ronald at times.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I never found him creepy. At least not on tv. But when I saw him in person he scared me. Maybe it was the guy playing him I dont know. I love Bozo as a kid.
    Yeah, I assume occasionally the guy portraying Santa at your mall is creepy, too, but they're outliers.

Not even Cesar Romero as the Joker scared me as a preschooler. Sure, he was campy, but I took the show seriously at the time. Now Pennywise would have scared me as the Frankenstein Monster, Dracula, the Wolf Man, etc. did, but I think I could have separated him from Ronald, Bozo, and Romper Room's Happy Jack.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boll Weevil Ronald McDonald in Enterprise, ALabama…:

Astonishing Member

I thought the 2016 clown sightings did away with Ronnie.

Last time I went into a McDonald's it felt so wrong. Everything was all brown with no colors or cartoon characters anywhere. It felt more like it wanted to be a cafe than anything. They didn't even have a display for the Happy Meal toys. I felt more uncomfortable there than I ever had when there were clowns all over the place.

What kind of weak willed weenie is afraid of clowns anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

What kind of weak willed weenie is afraid of clowns anyway?
    —raises hand—

One thing about McDonalds, even clownless - they are worlds ahead of all other fast food in terms of their app and the whole way they do business. Deals, reward points, choice of curbside, dine in and carry out on the app. And it works flawlessly and service is always very quick. I go there a lot more than ever just because its so darned cheap and convenient now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.