Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Bengals WR Tee Higgins has requested a trade from the team.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Kirk Cousins is testing the free agent market. be interesting to see where he lands or if he stays with The Vikings.
    fact that he's going into free agency mean he'll probably end up with the Falcons if the rumors are to be believed

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This was the same issue KC found itself facing with Tyreek Hill 2 seasons ago. Kansas City had his deal done at $100+ million for 3-4 seasons. He saw what the Raiders over paid a WR and demanded an extra $20+ million.

Does Hill regret the move and trade ? It’s very likely as he has watched KC win 2 Super Bowls since. He got his cash and numbers sure.
    If Hill does regret the move, chances are he'll NEVER admit it, neither publicly or even to himself. Lke most wideouts these days who are ridiculously full of themselves, his ego won't permit it. Hill got his payday, plus a sunny life in South Beach, and I suspect that's more than good enough for him.

Meanwhile, Eagles RB DeAndre Swift bolted for Chicago on a 3 year, $24 million dollar deal. Now, rumors have been floating around that the Birds have shown interest in Saquon Barkley, whether or not there's any meat on that bone is anyone's guess, though I for one am skeptical. GM Howie Roseman doesn't invest much stock in running backs, and even if he were to kick the tires on Barkley and bring him in, at best, it would only be on a one year flyer.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-11-2024 at 09:49 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Tennessee Titans have signed Tony Pollard (RB) to a 3 year contract worth $24 million today. Pollard will become the lead RB with Titans now it appears.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Bengals WR Tee Higgins has requested a trade from the team.
    According to the story , the Bengals tagged Higgins and promised to work out a new contract. Then haven't even discussed it with him , so it ticked him off with that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

This was the same issue KC found itself facing with Tyreek Hill 2 seasons ago. Kansas City had his deal done at $100+ million for 3-4 seasons. He saw what the Raiders over paid a WR and demanded an extra $20+ million.

Does Hill regret the move and trade ? It’s very likely as he has watched KC win 2 Super Bowls since. He got his cash and numbers sure.

Kelce himself has said people told him he could get Hill type money a year or 2 ago. As he said he’s happy winning championships and is ok with what he makes. He didn’t want the extra money.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Hill does regret the move, chances are he'll NEVER admit it, neither publicly or even to himself. Lke most wideouts these days who are ridiculously full of themselves, his ego won't permit it. Hill got his payday, plus a sunny life in South Beach, and I suspect that's more than good enough for him.
    I actually think Hill's probably still more okay than not, even if he still only has the one ring - because he still has the ring, and that changes things for many players and even coaches.

Winning even just one Super Bowl is a validation of your career and makes you a "made man," particularly if you were a star component of the win... but some of the victors then become more motivated to only win it again if they can win it their way.

So I think Hill sort of has the same type of motivation that Jerry Jones has, but as a player its more justified and less of a liability - both of them want another ring won their way (with Jerry as the star in Dallas, and Hill as a game-changing player who elevates his quarterback rather than the other way around), but Hill's making a personal decision that at most effects his new employer's salary cap, while Jones effectively holds his team hostage until he gets a victory where he outshines the coach and players.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

According to the story , the Bengals tagged Higgins and promised to work out a new contract. Then haven't even discussed it with him , so it ticked him off with that.
    That is 100 percent what is happening.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    fact that he's going into free agency mean he'll probably end up with the Falcons if the rumors are to be believed
    He is meeting with ATL today!

Cousins, Tannehill, and The Stache are the top 3 QBs on the UFA market ATM.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-11-2024 at 10:42 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Minnesota had a tough decision to make. Do you invest $40-50 million in Kirk Cousins for a few more seasons or do you invest in your young dynamic WR , Jefferson ? So they had to make a decision and likely will let Cousins go. Which ....honestly , with one of the best QB drafts ahead , they will have a chance to snag one in the 1st or 2nd rd.

I'd say what doomed Jones is his own team mates didn't seem to like him in the end. Mayo likely had to weigh that one , do I really want to start my new head coaching career , trying to unite a locker room ?
    He certainly decided to go the toxic route with his teammates. Never a good plan.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

And just like that Captain Kirk is signing with the Falcons

NFL News...

- Josh Jacobs is leaving the Raiders and will be signing with Green Bay. Details of the deal isn't announced yet.

- The Raiders have signed Christian Wilkins (DT) to a massive $115 million dollar contract in free agency. Wilkins had a career year in Miami and they chose not to franchise tag him.

And just like that Captain Kirk is signing with the Falcons
    The Falcons announced its a 4 year deal. Also that for the next 4 seasons they will not be going deep into the playoffs either.

If they’re smart they’ll still draft whatever qb doesn’t get taken in the top 3 and develop him

A lot of Chiefs fans want KC to make a deal for Tee Higgins. To get Higgins KC likely would have to trade Sneed and command a 1st rd pick to acquire Higgins. Due to him fighting injuries in 2023. A healthy Higgins is great , but that is something we won't know if he can rebound health wise.

Sneed is a top ranked CB on the market. He's already showed he can shut down the best WRs. If the Chiefs move him , they will want some draft picks.

But the Bengals likely won't do this deal because they know ...if they give Pat Mahomes a weapon , he's gonna be using him full speed ahead. So that is a big reason this trade likely won't happen.