Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I meant MN had the 11th pick and traded with the Jets to move up to the 10th pick to get McCarthy, it makes no sense at all unless they thought that the Jets were going to take McCarthy. So the Jets could have just fleeced the Vikings...
    they were probably afraid the Broncos would trade instead and jump them, they really didn't give up much to do it

Ultimate Member

Do we know what they gave up to move up that 1 spot...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The first defensive player is off the board for the Colts with the 15th pick.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Do we know what they gave up to move up that 1 spot...
    Their 1st and a 4th and 5th.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Raiders draft Brock Bowers....

I am perplexed...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a video done a week or 2 ago , someone brought up that no TE drafted in 1st rd has been named to an all-pro team the past decade. I need to find it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The first defensive back is off the board as my Birds took CB Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo with the 22nd pick. Now I can go to bed.

Bill Belichick gave his thoughts on Drake Maye as scouts have compared him to Josh Allen.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...outputType=amp

“We”ll see about that…”

Belichick broke it down that Maye has same physical tools ala Allen. But he hasn’t had much playing time and has some things to learn about reading coverages etc. But he likes his talent.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kansas City did it…they traded up for a guy many feel is the fastest dude in draft!

With Brown on one side and Worthy…Pat Mahomes has to be happy now.

Patriots offered the third pick to the Chargers for Herbert.

Brandon Aiyuk is also on the block to go to NE for the second round pick.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-25-2024 at 09:29 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Patriots offered the third pick to the Chargers for Herbert.

Brandon Aiyuk is also on the block to go to NE for the second round pick.
    I’m sure the Chargers at 1st thought….what are they smoking in New England ? Trade our young franchise QB for nothing?

Maybe they thought Jim Harbaugh was crazy.

Ultimate Member

Some would say then the Chargers would just have drafted McCarthy instead of MN.

Honestly New England should have called Atlanta today. Because no one can figure out what this team decided to do here. While they needed to groom a young franchise QB behind Kirk Cousins…..ya kinda want to do that in his final season or 2.

Not when he’s gonna be there for for 4 seasons. This has basically pissed off Cousins who was told weeks ago the team was going to draft a QB in later rounds. This makes it seem like they lied to him.

Plus Cousins doesn’t feel like this draft pick helped the team now. Because Atlanta had needs elsewhere in the draft.

Penix Jr will be 28 years old by the time he starts if Cousins plays all 4 seasons. So he’s gonna be an old rookie at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly New England should have called Atlanta today. Because no one can figure out what this team decided to do here. While they needed to groom a young franchise QB behind Kirk Cousins…..ya kinda want to do that in his final season or 2.

Not when he’s gonna be there for for 4 seasons. This has basically pissed off Cousins who was told weeks ago the team was going to draft a QB in later rounds. This makes it seem like they lied to him.

Plus Cousins doesn’t feel like this draft pick helped the team now. Because Atlanta had needs elsewhere in the draft.

Penix Jr will be 28 years old by the time he starts if Cousins plays all 4 seasons. So he’s gonna be an old rookie at this point.
    Nearly twelve hours later, and I'm still scratching my head over that pick. This is Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love all over again, and while Cousins isn't a thin-skinned, temperamental diva like Rodgers, I don't blame him for being pissed at the Falcons for choosing a quarterback in the first round when the team has more immediate needs. It just doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nearly twelve hours later, and I'm still scratching my head over that pick. This is Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love all over again, and while Cousins isn't a thin-skinned, temperamental diva like Rodgers, I don't blame him for being pissed at the Falcons for choosing a quarterback in the first round when the team has more immediate needs. It just doesn't make any sense.
    While part of me feels for Kirk Cousins here , the other part makes me smile. Because...well he deserves this one. He had a good job in Minnesota and its pretty darn likely had he not left , he'd not have a young QB over his shoulder there. He'd be the starting QB and the team really wanted him to come back. But he was about THE MONEY ....and had no loyalty and well now Atlanta basically showed him no loyalty lol.